BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,174 reviews
The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.
Pros
Alot of overtime worked
Cons
Some long hours.
Best job I ever had. Shame the politicalWinds shifted and thousands got laid off myself included. Had hoped to retire from there but not my choice. Also was interviewed to return years later and lied to by management no one laid off got hired back. Except pets.
Benefits
Cons
If you are a contractor like me you are up against a job for life culture, very very "Woke" environment, endless pointless meetings, a lot of people really have no function, a lot of "Data Gathering" with no outcome.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
More interested in being "Woke" than building Submarines
Great place to work with many good employees, benefits plan very competitive, good training offered to supplement skills. Average merit increases and reviews
Pros
9/80, training offered
Cons
sometimes uncompensated exempt overtime
This job is ok but they are constantly taking something from us. They took away overtime and profit sharing and the pension. They lowered the starting pay wages. They hire babysitters who don't know what to do and they expect us to be grateful. They give out cookies 🍪for appreciation and bonuses. Like really.
Pros
Easy money air conditioning clean decent health care
Cons
Incompetent management issues, lack of listening to the employees who knows the jobs better than management.
It was an Ok place to work. The overall culture and environment could be a bit of a challenge. Management could be over demanding and insensitive towards their subordinates.
Pros
Located close to where I lived.
Cons
Bad management and culture.
My boss was great but fellow workers were low skilled and unprofessional. Fellow employees were wanting recognition and even lied and cheated to create problems for my boss and others.
Pros
compensation and hours
Cons
fellow workers
It a fun and very productive environment. Everyday u learn something new. Management was very helpful to a certain degree. U had to learn on the fly.
A typical day is a 12 hour shift with motivating work. It is difficult but rewarding and you build amazing connections with many people in the intelligence community. Due to their current contract, the pay is not as great compared to other contracting jobs in the area. Its a great foot in the door job but can definitely take a toll on your family and personal life. Personally, I had a great experience with management but others may not say the same.
Pros
Motivating, career-building
Cons
Shift-work, low pay compared to the other averages in the area
just a standard corporate company that it become really easy to become lost in the shuffle. revenue drives everything and cash is king, definately not the employee happiness.
BAE Systems is a great place to work, I really enjoyed my projects and team I worked with. However from a corporate culture perspective there was a lot of managing up and little actual problem solving or accountability within the company or management. When there were production problems or other program issues there is a ton of finger pointing and CYA, which is generally a by product of a lack of accountability and years of silo building.
Pros
Great people, meaningful work
Cons
Lack of visionary leadership or a strong central culture.
Deployed twice with this company and no one else in the business even comes close! Great management and just an honest company. They will not steer you wrong.
Enjoyed the opportunities given in growing with company. We had more responsibility than most companies and it allowed us to contribute more to growth and development. Management treated all as equals and it made it a great place to work
Pros
flexible hours and unlimited ot
Cons
parking was limited
Well organized at list where the place at compartments where at work at,all permits up on schedule good team to work with, at list on Norfolk.Didn't Have the same experience as a sub-contractor on Jacksonville.Felt very incoftable not what I expect...Ps.Not working at the moment with BaeBut on the future I will not hesitate to work for them awesome company even as aSub-contractor.
Pros
They are very fair on breaks
Cons
Don't have any negative comment.
You can pretty much do whatever you want here if you push often enough. Management is generally hands off but open to talking and can provide whatever resources you need. Promotions and raises are sparse, but it's a fantastic company to start your career.
Pros
Amazing people, endless opportunities
Cons
Hard to progress in your career
Company feels very stifled by its own processes. There’s not much thought given to creative execution of goals, but that doesn’t always matter. Overall, it’s just meh.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low PTO, no sick days
Pay is great, job security in defense is among the best of any industry. Generous 401k match.Management is slow to make decisions and hesitant to invest money to institute new technologies.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
Slow moving
Woke liberalism and political correctness are ruining this company.Upper management does not tolerate ANY dissenting opinions.Makes you wonder if BAE is really building military combat vehicle for America's enemies, the Chinese.
Gotta know the right people for advancement , union is on a buddy system clean place to work and clean air. Human Resources is constantly in rotation because they can not keep anyone in the positions. Nobody knows what’s going on except for operators on the floor but salary will not listen. So they implement change after change with no progress. Security stinks more break in’s in the parking lot in the last year then ever. Union has done more about that situation then the security dept. in the building who is clearly employed to do this job.
Pros
Can work independently
Cons
Lack of advancement
BAE is an honorable company as we work for the DoD. They provide a lot of opportunities for anyone who wants to participate in them. They have a good PTO program and with a flexible work schedule, it’s easy to take personal time without having to use too much of your PTO time.
Pros
Programs for volunteers
Cons
Young inexperienced management
good coworkers, good pay, great supervisors, many trades, hard part of job 12 hr shifts,good friends met all good workers, went home when power outage and got paid for it
Pros
free luches
Cons
short breaks
  1. Employee Reviews