BAE Systems Employee Reviews in Adelaide SA

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 3,534 reviews
Toxic culture despite some good people
Manufacturing then Support roles (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 October 2017
Worked there for 21 years in various roles, and ended up in a support function.
Initially the work was interesting and I got to work on many types of defence equipment in manufacturing teams. BAE decided to leave the manufacturing game and win Prime contracts, and this is where BAE always seems to bite off more than it can chew. They always underbid then drive teams extremely hard to achieve impossible schedules. In such contract environments, bullies are not only welcomed but promoted. Middle management was populated with this type of alpha male, and I had several clashes with management who were professionally and personally bullying me, in one case over a period of years.
In my experience BAE has an extremely dubious ethical and legal compass. If you're comfortable with that, and you can fit in with the boy's club, you could do well.
Pros
Some excellent people despite the culture
Cons
If you don't find a place in the boy's club, you'll struggle to succeed.
Comfortable workplace with helpful co-workers.
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 January 2017
Complex, but comfortable. Requires attention to detail to ensure finished product always meets quality standards. Co-workers are highly trained and helpful.
Very family orientated company.
Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA3 February 2016
I enjoyed this job, and always plenty to do. The people I worked with were wonderful and people who came in were always pleasant. I was very disappointed when I was made redundant, being a family orientated company I was able to work around my children and make up hours working from home.
Pros
Allowed for family commitments and tried to work around them
BAE Systems look after their employees.
machinist for 10 years.General hand for 13years. (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Parks Adelaide SA.28 April 2015
They will give training in 'house' when needed.
Have their own canteen.
Great social club!
They can be flexible with working hours & when time off is required for personal reasons.
Pros
Canteen, social club & flexible hrs.
Cons
BAE Systems is a very large defence company & you can't help felling like a number (not an employee)
Great work environment with friendly employees
School Work experience (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA5 April 2014
I attended this company as a work experience for my school and was inspired to be in he workplace. All the employees no matter what division I was placed in were informative and nice. The work was pretty tricky but once you get your head around things it becomes easier and more rewarding.
Pros
Great environment and people
Cons
Manual Labour
Good place to work where I met a lot of nice people.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA26 February 2014
During my time with the companyI did a variety of jobs including working with an electrician for several years.
A good place to work
Problem and Major Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA15 January 2014
It was never dull at BAE and the work was interesting. Had a couple of exceptional managers and one that I learnt a lot from. I was lucky enough to work with some awesome people and in particular, the last couple of years being the most productive with the department I was in being strongly united in common goals. The acquisition of another company was a slog and taught me the value of what makes great (or in this case not so great ) project managers.
There has been some down sizing activity going on which has caused some turmoil.
Pros
Good learning opportunities, resonable compensation
Cons
It was in a bad spot and public transport is almost non exsistant.