BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews for Boilermaker

Great guys to work with at ground level Bad culture developed over many years with the next level up Full time work is now replaced with contractors Company is too top heavy
great work environment and conditions combined with a well educated senior management team that proved successful in producing quality ship hulls for the navy.
i enjoyed the 6 years i have worked a be a but due to the downturn of work unfortunately it is time to move on. it was great to work on projects such as the landing helicopter dock and Air warfair destroyers i especially enjoyed because i love to build big things and always kept your mind challenged
A really terrific place to work. My boss was a nice guy and treated me with respect. I was allowed to work unsupervised but always had support if I needed it. The wages were great and the work was interesting, I got to see and do a lot of things that I would not have seen and done had I not worked here.
Pros
Wages, Conditions, Culture, Great co-workers
Cons
Travel times
Typical day, they try and reinvent the wheel. What I learned, is you need to be a good back stabber to progress. Management is way to top heavy and getting heavier. Great guys to work with, actually workers not pencil pushers. Hardest part is finding a brick wall to endlessly bash your head against. Most enjoyable was leaving to work somewhere else.
Pros
its a job
Cons
over managed
would be anything from working repairing commercial to private boats and barges ,steel or aluminium,repairs and maintenence of a shiplift
Pros
work over water
Cons
no work structure