BAE Systems Employee Reviews for Fitter

3.9Pay & Benefits
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 3,534 reviews
Purple circle menatlity
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Henderson WA5 October 2018
Great place to work if your not an Australian by birth. I found a lot of backstabbing going on whilst I was there. This is definitely a place to be very wary of to work at. Your job is constantly undermined by gossiping and backstabbing whilst promoting those whom are incompetent at best. Definitely a keep it in the family type of job. If your an outsider they don't tend to like a person whom can get a job there on their own merits. Management doesn't seem to have a back bone and will not inform you if they have a problem as I experienced whilst working there. Your job security is only there if they win a contract with the Navy at Henderson WA, and that only last as long as the refit is going on. I found the boiler makers and electricians divisions to be good to work with but the mechanical fitters were terrible. the hire on 3 month basis only so as to get rid of you if they have a personality clash with you. Best part of the job was walking out the gate and never returning. The production manager at my time there was a complete coward lacking in any if at all some testicular fortitude and moral fibre.
Pros
Leaving never going back
Cons
Purple CIrcle Mentality, Managment, Backstabbing, Gossiping, school siren so as to go to lunch WTF!!!