BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Pay & Benefits reviews

The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.
Pros
Alot of overtime worked
Cons
Some long hours.
BAE Systems offers a great work-life balance and attracts some tremendous talent. If you find yourself in a role that suits you well at a salary you're comfortable with, you'll be well set up. However, mobility through the company and pay increments can come very slowly. If you wind up in a role you're not happy with, it can be difficult to branch outwards. Salary increments for those who are not being directly promoted come slowly and infrequently.
Job was interesting and secure until management changed. Normal work hours and benefits. As a big company BAE Systems were able to provide training and challenging environment for developers.
BAE is a global defence company, leader in its field. There are many interesting projects across various fields. Defence or military background will go a long way to understanding the environment.
Pros
decent salary and working conditions
Cons
management can be shortsighted
All work relating to Ships is interstate in NSW and WA so you are required to travel and be away from home a lot. Work is demanding as ships have a short turn around time for their refits. it is gratifying to see the ship sail away after completion of works though.
Pros
extra money for travel - per diems
Cons
being away from family for extended periods
Great place to work with great benefits, the supervisors are top blokes to work for and the hours were bloody good. Would go back in a heart beat if asked
I worked for BAE for four and a half years. I spent over 2 years there as a Leading hand so I got a good feel of how management works there. A lot of the time I found it very challenging due to poor management I had to take allot of other peoples jobs on that they would not do. I enjoyed the people there and made some good friends however I did not enjoy working there after four years.
Pros
Wages and benifits
Cons
My day at work consisted of answering Emails and Phone calls, from Defence Personnel I learnt to be patient Management were willing to listen but did not always act upon Most Co- workers were fun to work with, there were some that just did not want to share their Knowledge Not always knowing the solution to a Customers complaint Getting praise from Customers when I have helped them out and they have walked away with a smile on their faces
Pros
Lunches and breakfast on occasions for Christmas and awards days
Cons
Inexperienced staff
BAE Systems was a great place to work for, you were constantly challenged and tested on your knowledge of the ship building industry day to day.The salary was great the conditions were also very good.All in all it was a good company they took care of their employees and their safety ethics were very sound.
All staff were friendly and easy to get along with. Regular management meetings with staff. on the job training provided. Would be a good company to work for full time.
Pros
Good co - worker social life.
Cons
Long distance to travel to and from work.
A great place to work, with a good environment surrounded by good engineers and characters. A company that manages to retain the comraderie I had in the RAF.
Pros
Salary, benefits
They will give training in 'house' when needed. Have their own canteen. Great social club! They can be flexible with working hours & when time off is required for personal reasons.
Pros
Canteen, social club & flexible hrs.
Cons
BAE Systems is a very large defence company & you can't help felling like a number (not an employee)
good money, good people, working with soldiers good. Hardest part of job was being shot at.
Pros
good food, free living conditons
Cons
got shot at and bombs
Reasonable conditions of salary, working hours and holidays. Bonuses and free company shares are a plus. Very inefficient workflow and customer billing procedures. Very inefficient technical parts and tool control procedures. No training in the use of specialized database and project planning software the could improve job tracking and billing issues.
Pros
Rostered day off every fortnight (by EBA)
Cons
Rapid & constant project management turnover.