BAE Systems logo
BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia114 reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance
3.9Pay & Benefits

If was great working for them.

The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.

Pros

Alot of overtime worked

Cons

Some long hours.

Bad time for Shipbuilding

Given the severe lack of ships ordered by the Australian Government over the last decade its a very bad time for for shipbuilding in Australia. With the completion of the work in the yard the company is having to ramp down and announce a lot of redundancies. The work was initially very interesting and diverse with lots of great opportunities to travel around the country. However as the work has dried up so have the opportunities and interesting things to do.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Dying industry

great employer

just an all round great environment. fantastic work life balance also. you cant beat a 4 day working week! what more can i say? great training and scope of work

no longer employed

I have been made redundant from 27th November 2015 It was very unfortunate that there were no more work allocated to BAE Williamstown Victoria. I have been employed with BAE for over 25 years. BAE Systems is world wide and I have fully enjoyed working for a great company.

Pros

Great working Environment

Cons

Long Hours up to 64 hrs per week.

It's a good company

Must be on time always, to look after everyone for safety not only yourself and also the company you need to look after because it's your bread and butter.To be friendly to everyone.

contract work

4 day working week afternoon shift started at 2-12 learnt health and safety, processing warehouse items, creating and controlling the workload for the barcode crew, numerous procedures for warehousing and barcoding. Work well with others.

Pros

4 day working week

fantastic place to work,lots to do in company

good company to work for,great conditions,l have learnt alot and have gained tickets in this company,very big company and need to be fit in the work that is carried out on the ship,every day is a new place on the ship so its interesting work. .

Pros

great people, good supervision

Cons

lots of walking up and down stairs

What i have learned

BAE was a great company to work for with a good working culture. I learned how to work with people in many different environments as well as a strong attention to safety.

Pros

good work enviroment

Cons

no stable work

Excellent place to work

A great place to work, with a good environment surrounded by good engineers and characters. A company that manages to retain the comraderie I had in the RAF.

Pros

Salary, benefits

BAE Wagga

Generally great to work for, as a Defence Contractor goes. The people hired made all the difference to the day to day Grind

Jobs at BAE Systems

See more jobs

Good people to work with

Work with alot of very good people here and the procurement team are great. Unfortunily they have created processes to bandaid processes to fix problems if that makes sense within procurement.

Very positive experience with the company and fellow workers including management

I had a very positive experience with the company. I must say I was very disappointed when my contract finished with them forcing me to finish my employment there.

Pros

Many BBQs when we finished the tasks

Cons

A bit of a travel to and from the airport

Excellent company to work for.

A great company to work for. Good OHS attitude. Professional training, on line and external at training venues' also in house training. Approachable management, who actually listen to you and seek involvement, with issues and day to day problems. 3 monthly progress reviews.

Pros

free working breakfasts

Cons

Can be long hours.

I worked for BAE for 12 years great place to work sad to see it come to an end

BAE has a great safety culture, the people are good to work with the company is a forward thinking company The conditions were fantastic, the pay was good,but sadly after 12 years here our contract has come to an end and i have been made redundant.

Pros

Four day working week

Cons

shift work

sofe work place

is a good place to work with lots of stimulating tasks to keep you buissy

Routine

Varied work load with small team. Satisfying and challenging work

Cons

Night shift

Enjoyable place to work

BAE systems has a socially responsible, pleasant and supportive workforce.

Great work environment with friendly employees

I attended this company as a work experience for my school and was inspired to be in he workplace. All the employees no matter what division I was placed in were informative and nice. The work was pretty tricky but once you get your head around things it becomes easier and more rewarding.

Pros

Great environment and people

Cons

Manual Labour

aircraft maintenance

five NDT methods used diverse work load. Kept your mind active.

Pros

interesting work

Cons

yearly contracts

excellent working conditions

Management was often vague and misleading A reliable employee will be rewarded with support in work/life balance

Great place to work with great people as well. Great modern facility.

BAE Systems is a great place to work I have had the great pleasure of working with a vast variety of different people and BAE Systems have provided me with the opportunity for upgrading my skills throughout my 12.5 years I've been there for thus far. My day varies each day with different managers requesting different requirements. I enjoy my position but am looking to move forward with my career.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

not many at all. at the moment job security is paramount for me.
  • BAE Systems