BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.
Pros
Alot of overtime worked
Cons
Some long hours.
Could have better management on the whole it was good work enjoyed the time there pity the contract finnished would like to work for them again
five NDT methods used diverse work load. Kept your mind active.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
yearly contracts
good money, good people, working with soldiers good. Hardest part of job was being shot at.
Pros
good food, free living conditons
Cons
got shot at and bombs
Reasonable conditions of salary, working hours and holidays. Bonuses and free company shares are a plus. Very inefficient workflow and customer billing procedures. Very inefficient technical parts and tool control procedures. No training in the use of specialized database and project planning software the could improve job tracking and billing issues.
Pros
Rostered day off every fortnight (by EBA)
Cons
Rapid & constant project management turnover.
Fantastic business, great people. Very flexible, I'd recommend this business to any potential employee.
Liaising with engineers, Project managers, QA dept, shop floor operators, stores and purchasing to get a large scale Defence project out the door.
I had to alter the para shoots and then sign each and every repair what I have done at the end of the day. I also made backpacks and and folders and lots of other things if I had to. It was a nice atmosphere to work with the coronals ,sarges, and other army boys .I learned allot and they were very sportive.
Management was often vague and misleading A reliable employee will be rewarded with support in work/life balance
enjoyed every minute didn't want the time there to end got on well with people great place to work
Pros
everything
Cons
was only there a short time
An over indulgence in safety. No formal training program's for new staff or when staff are moved. Staff always last on vital training program lists due to being contractors. Building and machinery just passing standard. Staff required to daily mechanical checks on machinery when not qualified. Repairs and upgrades on machinery, vehicles and office equipment always of a long duration. Standards and expectations for and of staff not of an even level.
Pros
Free coffee, short day on Friday
Cons
The use of ex military personnel
BAE Systems is a great place to work I have had the great pleasure of working with a vast variety of different people and BAE Systems have provided me with the opportunity for upgrading my skills throughout my 12.5 years I've been there for thus far. My day varies each day with different managers requesting different requirements. I enjoy my position but am looking to move forward with my career.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not many at all. at the moment job security is paramount for me.
would be anything from working repairing commercial to private boats and barges ,steel or aluminium,repairs and maintenence of a shiplift
Pros
work over water
Cons
no work structure
started work and worked until break times,We all had dead lines to make .I learned to work with hundreds of people in stead of just 3 people.I had no worries with Management ,If they were under pressure It just meant I was as well.Co-workers we all have our moments ,I would never let some ones bad day affect me I just continue with my work.The hardest part of the Job was saying good bye to everyone when they made me and 50 others redundant.I found the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about tanks and working on them and the carriers ...
Pros
bq when a great job was completed
Cons
no cons, 40 hrs per week and friday overtime helped me alot
A typical day at work would start at 0730 with initiating all the test equipment needed for the day then checking with the team leader if there were any special or urgent jobs required.Next would be a communication with other company areas to coordinate use of other shared test equipment.Then testing circuit cards and wiring assemblies from multiple projects for most of the day.Writing and printing test reports and test failure reports as I went along.Prior to the end of the day at 1600 my time would be taken up fault finding and completing test logs.Ive learnt a lot in how to communicate and work with anyone from micro managers to away you go and let me know only if theres a problem managers.Ive also learnt how to critique and rewrite test procedures with engineers with the view that anyone off the street can do the test.Management on the whole were quite good except for the fact they were constantly under pressure to find work and as a consequence had little time for the small things needed for the workers.My co-workers were a great team and great fun to work and socialise with. Each had their expertise and in turn was utilized to get the job done.The hardest part of the job was trying to keep to an ever changing schedule and filling in time sheets utilizing the full day when there was no work but the most fullfilling part of the job was succeeding in this and keeping the failure rate to a minimum.
Pros
working with a good team with excellent conditions
Cons
bad job security, with a constant threat of retrenchments.