BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.
Pros
Alot of overtime worked
Cons
Some long hours.
great work environment and conditions combined with a well educated senior management team that proved successful in producing quality ship hulls for the navy.
Complex, but comfortable. Requires attention to detail to ensure finished product always meets quality standards. Co-workers are highly trained and helpful.
Everyday was different and working to see new students progress through a tough schooling on flying.New training and ideas with the crew who listen.
Pros
enjoyment
Cons
hot days in fire suit
Work place is busy and interesting Learned about maintenance engineering and supervision management local managers are really hard to relate to Most co workers are excellent hardest part of the job was BAE made so many redundancies
Pros
good work environment
Cons
job security
Manage team budget, timekeeping. Meets client expectation weekly meeting to discuss progress and DE conflict issue. Gain respect from working colleagues & co-workers The hardest part is when drawing revision change & meeting very tight schedules. The most enjoying part of the job is coordinating with all department meeting budget,schedules.& team work.
I worked for BAE for four and a half years. I spent over 2 years there as a Leading hand so I got a good feel of how management works there. A lot of the time I found it very challenging due to poor management I had to take allot of other peoples jobs on that they would not do. I enjoyed the people there and made some good friends however I did not enjoy working there after four years.
Pros
Wages and benifits
Cons
The management was fantastic we were always told about what going on around the country and the world at all the different sites BAE has and I guess what made the great place to work was the great people who worked there it was a real family friendly work place I would recommend BAE systems to everyone who's looking to work in the defence industry.
Pros
Working in state of art facilities
Cons
No cons to mention.
BAE are a great company to work for . The company has opportunities for advancement, has a training department which gets involved with the team. Communication between the trade groups has really improved since i started with the company.
Employer: BAE Systems Australia (Garden Island, NSW) Length of tenure: approximately 3 years Great team, very open and welcoming. Team leaders are accomodating and easy to talk to. Excellent work-life balance.
I enjoyed working at b.a.e systems with good people and lots of work to do. the ships are massive and I enjoyed refurbishing them
BAE Systems provides great opportunities for professional development, encouraging individuals and teams. Due to the nature of works, project teams work closely with the support of management to achieve the company goals.
Fantastic people at all levels of operations with diverse high risk operations which added valued variety towards WHS management
Pros
great to work with department of defence
Cons
Valued muitple scope of responsibilities
It is a good company to work for & strongly emphasises flexible working arrangements as well as diversity & inclusion at work. Always looking for ways to expand the Australian businesss. They also provide opportunities for Engineer Graduates through their Graduation Scheme which is fabulous & also give options to be able to work overseas as well as interstate. I have enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not bidding for the right Defence work
great place , awesome defense projects , opportunities to improve ones self, great support teams, excellent OHS support, great place to grow unfortunately the yard is being mothballed because of no defense work in shipbuilding for this state
Pros
work life balance, onsite project work
Cons
politics
I enjoyed my time at BAE Systems, but now require a sea change, and prepared to move anywhere. Experience over a wide range of engineering support
BAE Systems has been a great place to work but with the down turn in defense spending a lot of people have been made redundant
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
uncertain future
To acchieve what tasks were to be completed for the day. Being part of the heavy lift team there was always something new to be learnt, ect dual lifts, transportation of heavy loads. Management and co-workers,very good. The hardest part of the job was wondering when we were going to be finished up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conditions we worked in.
Pros
Good Conditions
Cons
Never knowing when we would be finishing up.
Great team of people to work with, Great opportunities to develop and enhance your skills. Great work-life balance with flexible working conditions.
Pros
Close to the snow
Cons
Close to the snow
Day to Day The day to day tasking very quickly became monotonous and very repetitive, even with job rotation there was a level of stagnation with each role. Learned Get everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in writing before you begin. Almost everyone is willing to throw you under the bus to save themselves. Management Quite dysfunctional. Co-workers Ran around in cliques and would not lift a finger to help even when ordered. Hardest part Dealing with all the egos running round the site, with everyone working toward their own goals. Most enjoyable Satisfaction of a job well done running my own stores.
Pros
Close to the snow
Cons
Close to the snow. Inefficient mangement, major egos
  1. Employee Reviews