BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 98 reviews matching the search See all 3,500 reviews
Cold Stuggle
Storeman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW6 March 2016
Day to Day
The day to day tasking very quickly became monotonous and very repetitive, even with job rotation there was a level of stagnation with each role.

Learned
Get everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in writing before you begin. Almost everyone is willing to throw you under the bus to save themselves.

Quite dysfunctional.

Co-workers
Ran around in cliques and would not lift a finger to help even when ordered.

Hardest part
Dealing with all the egos running round the site, with everyone working toward their own goals.

Most enjoyable
Satisfaction of a job well done running my own stores
Pros
Close to the snow
Cons
Close to the snow
Cold struggle
Senior (Former Employee) –  Puckapunyal victoria6 March 2016
Day to Day

Learned

Quite dysfunctional.

Co-workers
Ran around in cliques and would not lift a finger to help even when ordered.

Hardest part

Most enjoyable
Satisfaction of a job well done running my own stores.
Pros
Close to the snow
Cons
Close to the snow. Inefficient mangement, major egos
Flexible workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh SA23 February 2016
Promote flexibility in the workplace and a work life balance and allow you to be able to work from home on a regular basis.
BAE Systems
TEAM LEADER / ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 February 2016
Really enjoyed working with this company. Even though i had to travel two to three hours a day to and from work i didn't have any problems of getting up and going to work. Always looking forward to the new challengers each day brings.
Productive work place with great work culture
ESTIMATING LEAD / ENGINEERING LIAISON (Current Employee) –  AU21 February 2016
I enjoyed working in Shipbuilding for 10 years. BAE Systems promoted a good work environment that supported me in attaining performance and training related objectives
Pros
Work Culture
A good secure company
Warehouse RSG (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT21 February 2016
I enjoyed working with Bae Systems both in Timor Leste' and the RAAF Base Winnellie. Enjoyable and challenging with good learning applications and promotions.Most enjoyable part was continuity in achieving positive results.
Unfortunately redundancy for warehouse ops came into play Australia wide,otherwise I would still be working for the company to this day.
Very family orientated company.
Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA3 February 2016
I enjoyed this job, and always plenty to do. The people I worked with were wonderful and people who came in were always pleasant. I was very disappointed when I was made redundant, being a family orientated company I was able to work around my children and make up hours working from home.
Pros
Allowed for family commitments and tried to work around them
Bad time for Shipbuilding
Naval Architect (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC19 January 2016
Given the severe lack of ships ordered by the Australian Government over the last decade its a very bad time for for shipbuilding in Australia. With the completion of the work in the yard the company is having to ramp down and announce a lot of redundancies.
The work was initially very interesting and diverse with lots of great opportunities to travel around the country. However as the work has dried up so have the opportunities and interesting things to do.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Dying industry
Productive, awarded their staff accordingly
Warehouse Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moorebank, NSW18 January 2016
My day at work consisted of answering Emails and Phone calls, from Defence Personnel
I learnt to be patient
Management were willing to listen but did not always act upon
Most Co- workers were fun to work with, there were some that just did not want to share their Knowledge
Not always knowing the solution to a Customers complaint
Getting praise from Customers when I have helped them out and they have walked away with a smile on their faces
Pros
Lunches and breakfast on occasions for Christmas and awards days
Cons
Inexperienced staff
great employer
TEAM LEADER / ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, SA7 January 2016
just an all round great environment. fantastic work life balance also. you cant beat a 4 day working week! what more can i say? great training and scope of work
no longer employed
Fire Emergency Reponse Officer (Former Employee) –  Williamstown VIC4 January 2016
I have been made redundant from 27th November 2015
It was very unfortunate that there were no more work allocated to BAE Williamstown Victoria.
I have been employed with BAE for over 25 years.
BAE Systems is world wide and I have fully enjoyed working for a great company.
Pros
Great working Environment
Cons
Long Hours up to 64 hrs per week.
It's a good company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Williamstown VIC23 November 2015
Must be on time always, to look after everyone for safety not only yourself and also the company you need to look after because it's your bread and butter.To be friendly to everyone.
due to the lack of work there is no job security
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  williamstown melbourne21 October 2015
i enjoyed the 6 years i have worked a be a but due to the downturn of work unfortunately it is time to move on. it was great to work on projects such as the landing helicopter dock and Air warfair destroyers i especially enjoyed because i love to build big things and always kept your mind challenged
Excellent place to work
Compartment Completion Inspector/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Williamstown24 September 2015
My time has been the best experience that i could have hoped for in regards to gaining knowledge and experience in several areas starting from forklift operator/rigger then an adult apprenticeship in boilermaker to my current position as Inspector/scheduler
Great crew to work with.
Ship Builder/ Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, SA16 September 2015
A really terrific place to work. My boss was a nice guy and treated me with respect. I was allowed to work unsupervised but always had support if I needed it. The wages were great and the work was interesting, I got to see and do a lot of things that I would not have seen and done had I not worked here.
Pros
Wages, Conditions, Culture, Great co-workers
Cons
Travel times
contract work
Barcoder (Former Employee) –  Wodonga, VIC15 September 2015
4 day working week afternoon shift started at 2-12
learnt health and safety, processing warehouse items, creating and controlling the workload for the barcode crew, numerous procedures for warehousing and barcoding. Work well with others.
Pros
4 day working week
Good experiences, learnt loads with great workmates
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Henderson, WA26 August 2015
Good experiences and I am grateful for my time spent here at BAE.
However looking for more experience in Commercial or Domestic as BAE is a Big industrial organisation. However I don't mind if I am placed or get an interview with another industrial company as there's always the opportunity to learn more and get more experience.
Pros
Good Income, learning
Cons
Na
As for previous functional review
Facilities Projects Supervisor / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cairns20 August 2015
As for previous functional review. All my previous and current positions with this employer are in allied areas. I had a very varied technical work experience from planning, technical writing, contractor management and client interface.
Pros
Busy technical work
Cons
Need to return to family in Victoria
fantastic place to work,lots to do in company
Scaffolder / Crane Driver (Current Employee) –  crane driver and scaffolder11 August 2015
good company to work for,great conditions,l have learnt alot and have gained tickets in this company,very big company and need to be fit in the work that is carried out on the ship,every day is a new place on the ship so its interesting work. .
Pros
great people, good supervision
Cons
lots of walking up and down stairs
What i have learned
Shipbuilder/Welder (Former Employee) –  williamstown3 August 2015
BAE was a great company to work for with a good working culture. I learned how to work with people in many different environments as well as a strong attention to safety.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no stable work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K