BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.
Pros
Alot of overtime worked
Cons
Some long hours.
Promote flexibility in the workplace and a work life balance and allow you to be able to work from home on a regular basis.
Really enjoyed working with this company. Even though i had to travel two to three hours a day to and from work i didn't have any problems of getting up and going to work. Always looking forward to the new challengers each day brings.
I enjoyed working in Shipbuilding for 10 years. BAE Systems promoted a good work environment that supported me in attaining performance and training related objectives
Pros
Work Culture
I enjoyed working with Bae Systems both in Timor Leste' and the RAAF Base Winnellie. Enjoyable and challenging with good learning applications and promotions.Most enjoyable part was continuity in achieving positive results. Unfortunately redundancy for warehouse ops came into play Australia wide,otherwise I would still be working for the company to this day.
I enjoyed this job, and always plenty to do. The people I worked with were wonderful and people who came in were always pleasant. I was very disappointed when I was made redundant, being a family orientated company I was able to work around my children and make up hours working from home.
Pros
Allowed for family commitments and tried to work around them
Given the severe lack of ships ordered by the Australian Government over the last decade its a very bad time for for shipbuilding in Australia. With the completion of the work in the yard the company is having to ramp down and announce a lot of redundancies. The work was initially very interesting and diverse with lots of great opportunities to travel around the country. However as the work has dried up so have the opportunities and interesting things to do.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Dying industry
My day at work consisted of answering Emails and Phone calls, from Defence Personnel I learnt to be patient Management were willing to listen but did not always act upon Most Co- workers were fun to work with, there were some that just did not want to share their Knowledge Not always knowing the solution to a Customers complaint Getting praise from Customers when I have helped them out and they have walked away with a smile on their faces
Pros
Lunches and breakfast on occasions for Christmas and awards days
Cons
Inexperienced staff
just an all round great environment. fantastic work life balance also. you cant beat a 4 day working week! what more can i say? great training and scope of work
I have been made redundant from 27th November 2015 It was very unfortunate that there were no more work allocated to BAE Williamstown Victoria. I have been employed with BAE for over 25 years. BAE Systems is world wide and I have fully enjoyed working for a great company.
Pros
Great working Environment
Cons
Long Hours up to 64 hrs per week.
Must be on time always, to look after everyone for safety not only yourself and also the company you need to look after because it's your bread and butter.To be friendly to everyone.
i enjoyed the 6 years i have worked a be a but due to the downturn of work unfortunately it is time to move on. it was great to work on projects such as the landing helicopter dock and Air warfair destroyers i especially enjoyed because i love to build big things and always kept your mind challenged
My time has been the best experience that i could have hoped for in regards to gaining knowledge and experience in several areas starting from forklift operator/rigger then an adult apprenticeship in boilermaker to my current position as Inspector/scheduler
A really terrific place to work. My boss was a nice guy and treated me with respect. I was allowed to work unsupervised but always had support if I needed it. The wages were great and the work was interesting, I got to see and do a lot of things that I would not have seen and done had I not worked here.
Pros
Wages, Conditions, Culture, Great co-workers
Cons
Travel times
4 day working week afternoon shift started at 2-12 learnt health and safety, processing warehouse items, creating and controlling the workload for the barcode crew, numerous procedures for warehousing and barcoding. Work well with others.
Pros
4 day working week
Good experiences and I am grateful for my time spent here at BAE. However looking for more experience in Commercial or Domestic as BAE is a Big industrial organisation. However I don't mind if I am placed or get an interview with another industrial company as there's always the opportunity to learn more and get more experience.
Pros
Good Income, learning
Cons
Na
As for previous functional review. All my previous and current positions with this employer are in allied areas. I had a very varied technical work experience from planning, technical writing, contractor management and client interface.
Pros
Busy technical work
Cons
Need to return to family in Victoria
good company to work for,great conditions,l have learnt alot and have gained tickets in this company,very big company and need to be fit in the work that is carried out on the ship,every day is a new place on the ship so its interesting work. .
Pros
great people, good supervision
Cons
lots of walking up and down stairs
BAE was a great company to work for with a good working culture. I learned how to work with people in many different environments as well as a strong attention to safety.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no stable work
Great Company Great People Great Management Supportive Team Gained valuable experienced working in ANZAC Ship Project, Protector, AWD and LHD Project.
BAE Systems was a great place to work for, you were constantly challenged and tested on your knowledge of the ship building industry day to day.The salary was great the conditions were also very good.All in all it was a good company they took care of their employees and their safety ethics were very sound.
  1. Employee Reviews