BAE Systems Employee Reviews

Found 98 reviews matching the search See all 3,512 reviews
Productive, Well managed, Great team players all around
Stock investigator/ Warehouse Officer (Former Employee) –  Bandiana VIC3 March 2014
I got all of my licences working for Tenix/BAE, I was employed here for 6 years, I was acting Team Leader for a short time and really enjoyed this role as I was classed as 'hard but fair'' & got the job done, I was awarded several awards for my work.
Co-workers were all great especially working in a male dominant environment.
Pros
Assigned to courses to encourage work knowleadge
Cons
They keep changing hands.
Good place to work where I met a lot of nice people.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA26 February 2014
During my time with the companyI did a variety of jobs including working with an electrician for several years.
Good place to work good workmates
structural aircraft engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW24 January 2014
Could have better management on the whole it was good work enjoyed the time there pity the contract finnished would like to work for them again
A good place to work
Problem and Major Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA15 January 2014
It was never dull at BAE and the work was interesting. Had a couple of exceptional managers and one that I learnt a lot from. I was lucky enough to work with some awesome people and in particular, the last couple of years being the most productive with the department I was in being strongly united in common goals. The acquisition of another company was a slog and taught me the value of what makes great (or in this case not so great ) project managers.
There has been some down sizing activity going on which has caused some turmoil.
Pros
Good learning opportunities, resonable compensation
Cons
It was in a bad spot and public transport is almost non exsistant.
aircraft maintenance
BAE SYSTEMS level 3 technician (Former Employee) –  Nowra, NSW8 December 2013
five NDT methods used diverse work load. Kept your mind active.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
yearly contracts
good money
Field Service Rep/Trainer, Lead BAE FSR (Former Employee) –  fob bucca1 November 2013
good money, good people, working with soldiers good. Hardest part of job was being shot at.
Pros
good food, free living conditons
Cons
got shot at and bombs
A Company that does not live up to it's published Culture/Values/Ethics policy.
Radio Technician, Communications Support Group (Former Employee) –  L&IS, Victoria20 October 2013
Reasonable conditions of salary, working hours and holidays.
Bonuses and free company shares are a plus.
Very inefficient workflow and customer billing procedures.
Very inefficient technical parts and tool control procedures.
No training in the use of specialized database and project planning software the could improve job tracking and billing issues.
Pros
Rostered day off every fortnight (by EBA)
Cons
Rapid & constant project management turnover.
Great Company to work for!
Senior SH&E Advisor- Training (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SA1 October 2013
Fantastic business, great people. Very flexible, I'd recommend this business to any potential employee.
Enjoyable place to work...great people
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Parks, South Australia23 August 2013
Liaising with engineers, Project managers, QA dept, shop floor operators, stores and purchasing to get a large scale Defence project out the door.
That was a grate experience to work with army people
ADE Technician Level 6 (Former Employee) –  moorebank avenue5 August 2013
I had to alter the para shoots and then sign each and every repair what I have done at the end of the day. I also made backpacks and and folders and lots of other things if I had to.

It was a nice atmosphere to work with the coronals ,sarges, and other army boys .I learned allot and they were very sportive.
excellent working conditions
P3 Aerospace Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Parks13 July 2013
Management was often vague and misleading
A reliable employee will be rewarded with support in work/life balance
worked as a causal
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Williamtown, NSW21 June 2013
enjoyed every minute

didn't want the time there to end

got on well with people

great place to work
Pros
everything
Cons
was only there a short time
Anything from nothing to flat out all day
Warehouse Operator Level 5 (Former Employee) –  RAAF Base Amberley16 May 2013
An over indulgence in safety. No formal training program's for new staff or when staff are moved. Staff always last on vital training program lists due to being contractors. Building and machinery just passing standard. Staff required to daily mechanical checks on machinery when not qualified. Repairs and upgrades on machinery, vehicles and office equipment always of a long duration. Standards and expectations for and of staff not of an even level.
Pros
Free coffee, short day on Friday
Cons
The use of ex military personnel
Great place to work with great people as well. Great modern facility.
management Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Williamtown NSW6 April 2013
BAE Systems is a great place to work I have had the great pleasure of working with a vast variety of different people and BAE Systems have provided me with the opportunity for upgrading my skills throughout my 12.5 years I've been there for thus far. My day varies each day with different managers requesting different requirements. I enjoy my position but am looking to move forward with my career.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not many at all. at the moment job security is paramount for me.
consistent work
boilermaker welder (Current Employee) –  henderson23 January 2013
would be anything from working repairing commercial to private boats and barges ,steel or aluminium,repairs and maintenence of a shiplift
Pros
work over water
Cons
no work structure
head down and work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wodonga,Vic1 October 2012
started work and worked until break times,We all had dead lines to make .I learned to work with hundreds of people in stead of just 3 people.I had no worries with Management ,If they were under pressure It just meant I was as well.
Co-workers we all have our moments ,I would never let some ones bad day affect me I just continue with my work.
The hardest part of the Job was saying good bye to everyone when they made me and 50 others redundant.
I found the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about tanks and working on them and the carriers ...
Pros
bq when a great job was completed
Cons
no cons, 40 hrs per week and friday overtime helped me alot
Great team enviroment ,with a can do attitude with a decreasing amount of work.
functional test technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Parks SA26 March 2012
A typical day at work would start at 0730 with initiating all the test equipment needed for the day then checking with the team leader if there were any special or urgent jobs required.Next would be a communication with other company areas to coordinate use of other shared test equipment.Then testing circuit cards and wiring assemblies from multiple projects for most of the day.Writing and printing test reports and test failure reports as I went along.Prior to the end of the day at 1600 my time would be taken up fault finding and completing test logs.
Ive learnt a lot in how to communicate and work with anyone from micro managers to away you go and let me know only if theres a problem managers.Ive also learnt how to critique and rewrite test procedures with engineers with the view that anyone off the street can do the test.
Management on the whole were quite good except for the fact they were constantly under pressure to find work and as a consequence had little time for the small things needed for the workers.
My co-workers were a great team and great fun to work and socialise with. Each had their expertise and in turn was utilized to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep to an ever changing schedule and filling in time sheets utilizing the full day when there was no work but the most fullfilling part of the job was succeeding in this and keeping the failure rate to a minimum.
Pros
working with a good team with excellent conditions
Cons
bad job security, with a constant threat of retrenchments.