BAE Systems
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BAE Systems Employee Reviews

The staff was great to work for. We had tool box meetings every day. It was fast paced at times. We worked the hours we got the job done.We had alot of warehouses there and I worked in all Of them.
Pros
Alot of overtime worked
Cons
Some long hours.
Good working conditions I learned a lot The integrity and ethics at all levels was very high Management good Job satisfaction was good Got to use all knowledge learnt during the course of my job acctivities
Pros
They are interested in improving personal skill sets
Cons
Typical day, they try and reinvent the wheel. What I learned, is you need to be a good back stabber to progress. Management is way to top heavy and getting heavier. Great guys to work with, actually workers not pencil pushers. Hardest part is finding a brick wall to endlessly bash your head against. Most enjoyable was leaving to work somewhere else.
Pros
its a job
Cons
over managed
All staff were friendly and easy to get along with. Regular management meetings with staff. on the job training provided. Would be a good company to work for full time.
Pros
Good co - worker social life.
Cons
Long distance to travel to and from work.
A great place to work, with a good environment surrounded by good engineers and characters. A company that manages to retain the comraderie I had in the RAF.
Pros
Salary, benefits
They will give training in 'house' when needed. Have their own canteen. Great social club! They can be flexible with working hours & when time off is required for personal reasons.
Pros
Canteen, social club & flexible hrs.
Cons
BAE Systems is a very large defence company & you can't help felling like a number (not an employee)
Generally great to work for, as a Defence Contractor goes. The people hired made all the difference to the day to day Grind
Work with alot of very good people here and the procurement team are great. Unfortunily they have created processes to bandaid processes to fix problems if that makes sense within procurement.
I had a very positive experience with the company. I must say I was very disappointed when my contract finished with them forcing me to finish my employment there.
Pros
Many BBQs when we finished the tasks
Cons
A bit of a travel to and from the airport
With all positions I have held throughout my career, I have had the ability to communicate confidently with the Team Leaders, Business/Client Stakeholders and Senior Executives. I quickly build and unite teams towards common objectives with my enthusiastic personality and communication skills. I have been responsible for planning and implementing work activities according to strict policy and procedures. This has been achieved through careful planning and commitment through the stewardship of my team and drive and enthusiasm for my profession. I actively cultivate my relationships with team leaders and identify and engage mentors to develop my skills (if required). In my private sector experience to date, I have been responsible and accountable for the provision of correct and timely information to all my direct and indirect managers. I have a proven track record in communicating to my team leaders and providing impartial and forthright advice. I critically analyse my own performance and seek feedback from my Manager. In addition, I ensure that the outcomes for which I am responsible have documented processes put in place that are auditable and accountable. The knowledge and experience I have gained by working on various Teams within the BAE Systems has given me a solid foundation in managing expectations of stakeholders, working collaboratively and efficiently with various professionals and harnessing a collegial working environment.
Pros
Exceptional training and learning environment
Cons
Would have like to stay but contract finishes2015
A great company to work for. Good OHS attitude. Professional training, on line and external at training venues' also in house training. Approachable management, who actually listen to you and seek involvement, with issues and day to day problems. 3 monthly progress reviews.
Pros
free working breakfasts
Cons
Can be long hours.
BAE has a great safety culture, the people are good to work with the company is a forward thinking company The conditions were fantastic, the pay was good,but sadly after 12 years here our contract has come to an end and i have been made redundant.
Pros
Four day working week
Cons
shift work
is a good place to work with lots of stimulating tasks to keep you buissy
Varied work load with small team. Satisfying and challenging work
Cons
Night shift
BAE systems has a socially responsible, pleasant and supportive workforce.
highly skilled and motivated workforce. management is substandard. hardest part of the day is listening to more bulls%$# from managers. the trades on the floor is some of the most highly motivated and skilled people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Pros
4 day week
Challenging and at times rewarding. Commitment of employees to achieve compliance of audits.
Pros
Enjoying going to work usually
Cons
Stressful at times
I attended this company as a work experience for my school and was inspired to be in he workplace. All the employees no matter what division I was placed in were informative and nice. The work was pretty tricky but once you get your head around things it becomes easier and more rewarding.
Pros
Great environment and people
Cons
Manual Labour
My time with BAE was quite enjoyable, I had the chance to work with a variety of different vehicles. I was offered a opportunity to work on a new project, which involved a complete rebuild and upgrade of an old 1950 vehicle with state of the art equipment.
Pros
turning a old vehicle into a brand new machine
Cons
pulling apart a dirty old machine
I got all of my licences working for Tenix/BAE, I was employed here for 6 years, I was acting Team Leader for a short time and really enjoyed this role as I was classed as 'hard but fair'' & got the job done, I was awarded several awards for my work. Co-workers were all great especially working in a male dominant environment.
Pros
Assigned to courses to encourage work knowleadge
Cons
They keep changing hands.
During my time with the companyI did a variety of jobs including working with an electrician for several years.
  1. Employee Reviews