BP Retail Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Terrible management no team moral and no breaks at all. Even if you do over 8 hours and the managers there to relieve you they still wont give you a b
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leopold VIC4 July 2019
The worst job ive ever had. No team spirit at all, such high pressure sales very pushy. Management terrible and very rude to staff. No one turning up for shifts and when i couldnt cover they acted like i was the one who didnt turn up for my shift and got annoyed with me.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No breaks
A place for growth.
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD14 May 2019
Ive been with the company almost 2 years and Ive had a few managers. Theyve all been amazing. The workplace is challenging and fun. I have grown and I know my co workers have grown as well.
Horrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brisbane30 April 2019
One of the worst job experiences of my life. Got horrible hours which led to me having no social life. When asked to change things, got my hours cut down. Manager is super temperamental.
What can I say
Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 April 2019
Had been an unpleasant company to work for, working 8 hour shifts with no lunch break or a 15 minute break.

Management were unsupportive and uninterested.

Did not enjoy the environmental experience.
great place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA18 March 2019
serving customers, cooking and cleaning. Meeting different people and BP is a great company to work for.
The hardest part of the job was doing extended working hours when your co-workers call in sick.
I learnt how to prepare coffee and did short order cooking.
Odd working hours and huge work load
Customer Service Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  BP Perth18 December 2018
I work at one of BP stores in Perth. The biggest problem we are facing is cutting down of staff at most of the BP stores. So the employees are under a lot of stress and huge pressure not just to serve a lot of customers alone but also to do so many activities as well such as stock filling, cleaning the shop which can be very tiring.
The salary is reasonable. We can penalty rates for working on weekends. But there are very bleak possibilities of promotion.

Also, they don't let you sit so you have to stand all day... throughout your shift which can be challenging for some..
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
A lot of work and pressure, all day on feet, odd working hours
Positive workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 December 2018
As a customer service representative, I used to enjoy my job each and every moment meeting and greeting the people where the whole team was fun loving energetic, the best part was the manager who was very much experienced which gave me a chance to learn a lot ,
Pros
professional workplace with experienced and fun loving people
Would not recommend
CSR (Current Employee) –  NSW10 August 2018
Casual staff are disposable commodities and at the mercy of managers.

Policies are often idealistic and almost impossible to apply in real world scenarios.

Shifts are fleixible, although this is at manager discretion.

Breaks are sometimes difficult to get, especially if working alone. Staff are expected to continue serving even while on break.
Pros
Staff discount, flexible hours
Cons
Little job security
average place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 May 2018
not very busy days at work, learned a lot about courier delivery, international money transfer,etc. average management , staff and site manger cutting corners to present a good picture to the area manager and regional manager. Too much gossip among staff behind the back . Hardest part is to listen the complaints and excuses of other senior staff members and do the jobs assigned to them . when it a busy day and customer appreciated good service.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
excessive pressure to perform in store competitions
Fun working as customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hughesdale VIC20 February 2018
When I was working as a customer service in BP Gas Station I felt very hard as I was doing night shifts and there after I learnt a lot how to speak and how to deal with the different kinds of people and how to communicate with the customers.
It's very nice to work in Bp
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 September 2017
Good job customer service is good communication skills will imporove and also good friendly nature. A part of that good impression upon me I'm fine with Bp
Great working environment, Fast paced, Lenient with shifts and allows you to swap.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ballina NSW18 August 2017
Depending on the shift you work, each shift is different. You will be taught how to do each aspect of your job hands on and other workers will always teach you new tricks and answer any questions if needed. It is definitely team focused you have goals to try and achieve and always help each other try and reach the quota. You serve customers if on the till and offer current promotions and them a rewards card. If doing a night/ graveyard shift it involves serving customers (which there is generally nowhere near as many as daytime), clean & mop, restock shelves, restock the frozen food for the next day (night time no deep fried food is cooked), restock pies and cook when needed, clean bathrooms, wash up anything from the hot food display as you turn it off at night, prepare toasties for the next worker on graveyard. Management is great they are always there to help and very encouraging. The diversity of customers is great and each day is different, you make new friends and learn the regular customers. Most enjoyable is meeting team goals and talking to new people and great workers.
Pros
Great job to have, pay is great, friendly people and always have help if needed.
Cons
No breaks but you are generally to busy to even think about a break.
Productive, Self motivational department, Helping management in creating self confidence.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 May 2017
It is one of the best company providing fuel in Australia from many years. Its a great fun to work with them. One can improve his languiage skills and meeting new people everyday increases self confidence to tak to people. Management is good, cooperative. They have the best fuel in Australia.
Not a good environment for anyone, staff are just a piece of meat ready to be slaughtered when they are sick of you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beeliar WA17 May 2017
BP Beeliar
I would have to agree with the other review of this BP site. If you are hired here prepare to not have enough training and support from management! You wonder if your doing your job properly as you don't get any feed back. Then one day you get called into the office and terminated with little to no reason or you are terminated for something trivial, that you were never given a chance to fix because you always thought you were doing the right thing! It seems that they will make any excuse to fire or force out older staff, so they can make way for cheaper younger staff, as if they didn't make enough as it is! Not a very good place to work!! Please note this is a franchise so I can't speak for other sites run by BP
Pros
Some staff and customers
Cons
Management and long hours with no breaks
All in a days
CSR ( Customer Service Rep) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2017
My day start as early as 5 am and finish as late as 4 pm. Its tough its fast and you have to be a team player.Management is hands on and their with you. Workplace culture is 24 hour/ 7 days a week good team environment. The hardest part of the job can be its physical nature standing for log hours and stocking, stacking and cleaning,
Pros
Good team enviroment
Cons
lots of physical work
BP Beeliar
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beeliar WA25 March 2017
Worked here for a little over 2mths. Found management to be very strict coming up with rediculous rules. Store manager & assistant manager are very young & on 'power trip' when dealing with their staff & go through staff very quickly so theres no job security at all. Had to sign an employee agreement that didn't allow you a break unless you worked at least a 7hr shift which was hard at times. Beeliar site is a franchise owned by the Sanzone Retail Group. Not a company I will ever speak of fondly or recommend to anyone!
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
Management!
Fun
CSR (Current Employee) –  Pakenham VIC10 March 2017
You need to work really fast and be prepared to deal with bad customers but you get see familiar faces and the staff is great the managers are understanding and will always help out when needed.
protective
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 February 2017
good environment with fun culture care taking management with good pay rates and bonus i enjoyed working there looking forward for another job joining in any such customer service.
I would like learn something new
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aitkenvale QLD30 November 2016
I would like to better my self and learn a new skill . I think it will reAlly good for me . It is long hours and you get on well with my team members
A change of pass
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ingham QLD16 September 2016
Customer service representative, with a great team of co workers and a super understanding manager. 6 - 8 hour shifts on your feet with no break. rewarding wages.
Pros
Cons
travel was excessive