bp
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

bp Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 220 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,182 reviews

Productive and fun working space

I had a good time. Learned a lot of things. I must say that I had wonderful management under which I worked. Overall, I would like to say I had good time

Pros

free lunches

It's a job.

For the most part we work by our selves. No toilet breaks, no breaks despite being entitled to 20min break I've never,ever had one. Always seem to be under staffed.

Pros

Follow staff and reg customers are great .

Cons

Don't seem to grasp the causal concept. Rostered on even after making myself unavailable.

Awful place to work - go anywhere else.

BP does not care about it's employee's at all, they're perfectly happy to exploit their workers, often immigrants or young people. There is zero work life balance with ridiculous rostering and the job is treated like a high pressure wall street job with the KPI's and terribly trained "managers" who act emotional and micromanage in the worst ways imaginable.

Your just a number.

At the end of the day the only thing that bp service stations care about is profit. When it comes to job security there is none. If you need work look elsewhere.

Pros

Free coffee if you have your own mug

Cons

A lot of back stabing goes on .

Horrible management

BP was horrible. The management is very rude and treated me unfairly. Senior staff were getting way more hours than me and I was given a written warning in the first month of employment for unintentionally putting one wrong fuel price. Very two faced they say one thing to you and do another behind your back. I was never acknowledged for any work I’ve done and was constantly walking into eggshells when working there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No discounts, no breaks & long hours

Good job awful management and co-workers

The job is great. Good pay and fast paced work with lots of different things to do. Store managers are very unfair. Older staff members are two faced and go to the manager about any minor issue even blaming new staff for things they aren't responsible for. Hours are cut without explanation. KPIs are measured for upsales but it doesn't actually get taken into consideration in overall performance. Manager is a micromanager and will expect you to go to them about anything and everything. There is no issue too small the manager doesn't want you to tell them about.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Micromanager, unfair treatment, prejudice

Stressful environment

Working at BP is stressful and you are under appreciated. Management keeps adding tasks for you to accomplish but you are generally alone on shifts and it is impossible to get it all done. Too much stress for a job that isn't going to get you anywhere. Only pros is the pay rate and a free coffee per shift which you definitely need to get through the shift.

Pros

Free coffee per shift

Cons

Bad management, stressful

Unfortunately management was horrible and staff were bullies. Hours weren't realistic

Management was horrible, when I made a complaint about stuff memebers being bullies I was told, "that's not an issue we have ever had before." I was basically brushed off when I made a serious complaint. There was multiple roster changes in a week (I'm talking about 5 or 6), the company goes through multiple staff and are always short staffed so other staff are made to make up for that fact.

Pros

The pay rate was fair

Cons

Unprofessional management, unrealistic expectations for hours and are always going through multiple staff for a reason

Worth while experience

Great customer s,very social easy work load and fun staff.flexible hours and good skill development.very stable job,big plus on income, excellent responsibility of job role, good learning curve from every shift.great communication from other staff.professional procedures such as protocol.always something to do, something new to learn and plenty of friendships come with the job.morable moments to to hang on to.enjoyable job for any type of person.

Pros

Work alone

Cons

Short shifts

No life balance

Worked with some nice people but they have gone from a great family company to a “ corporate “ mind set and you become a number with so many bosses looking over your shoulder to see what everyone is doing . It’s all about the money now and with serving customers , cooking , preparing food , getting couch food ready to be picked up and looking for parcels for customers it’s not an easy job

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Way to stressful and work expectations too high

I worked with them fo4r 7 year, for me i always have shifts and work if i m available, if i cannot then told clearly to my manager, if sick just ask if you have kid, very flexible to keep up your family and personneal committment ,

Pros

Professional

Cons

can not say as per my experience

Fast paced

Overall it was good and fast paced environment. It is recommendable for all to work. Can develop our skills and ability to work surround plenty of people.

Terrible Place to work

The whole process took months. the culture was horrible, no breaks for lunch , standing on your feet for more than 8 hours straight, no engaging from management, they don't care about the staff in the retail sector and don't address any concerns staff have. There's no respect for lower leaders from senior management and your not even acknowledged . The Pay is absolutely horrible.. Casual and part time staff earn more than an assistant manager who works full time hours .

Pros

there are no Pros, you pay for everything... there is absolutely NOTHING!!

Cons

long hours, no breaks, horrible pay, no respect as individuals

Excellent workplace which provides an opportunity to learn new things.

Nice place to work with plenty of things to learn including serving Customers, Providing guidance to customers regarding merchandise care and details, Provide customer service through telephone means, conducting regular inventory counts and Cash handling.

Supportive Management and workplace safety.

I feel, BP Fuel is the one of the best place to work. because good salary and job security. In my work place my manager is very supportive and he helped me in problem solving during the shift.

Work needed to promote better culture

Dependant on the level you sit at is how this company value your work life balance, Management work from home frequently when the grunts of the business must attend the office irrelevant to what they have on in their home life. Alot of double standards more a do as i say not as i do culture

work place

Document your goals. Regularly check in with your boss. Track your work accomplishments. Understand the ways in which you add value. Look for opportunities to augment your impact. Ask for support. Become a model for constructive feedback.

Friendly and Interactive

It was great to work at BP. The management was very friendly and caring, the team was great. Nice people around, built up long term relationship with customers.

New experinence

Disadvantage: - Need proper two way communications -lack of decision on time and problems solving method -which adds issues every time - often changing manager which creates problem - senior staffs dominate new staff and leave all jobs for them and put blames for new staffs. - information are not provided on time by manager for any simple changes which creates misunderstanding between staffs . - lack of politeness and kindness - people are loud - lots of wastage of foods and discount for staff is very low. Advantage - payment on time - good coffee and quality on products - quality of fuel is way better - opportunities for students like us - great customer service - flexible hours - available everywhere - brand reputation I enjoy working in Bp regardless the drawbacks.

Very poor management

I asked for 1 day off over nearly 18 months employed there. The boss said no straight up and said I'm going to report me to higher management to be laid off. Bunch of bullies in charters towers

Too much emphasis on upsell

Current expectations on add on sales and pressure to meet unrealistic targets are ridiculous. Serving 250 plus people in a 7 hr shift, making coffee, handling deliveries, cleaning cafe equipment, dealing with uber eats orders, cleaning store, refilling shelves , getting rid of expired stock and all on your own. Lucky if you get 5 minutes break and bad luck if you need to use the bathroom. Current manager is all about looking after the boys - who don’t pull their weight and don’t care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K
1.2K

• bp
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?