BP Employee Reviews

Found 123 reviews matching the search See all 3,025 reviews
Productive and fun
CSR (Current Employee) –  Tumbi Umbi NSW11 June 2019
The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people and working with an amazing team. A typical day is full of laughs, learning of new things, the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time.
interesting to learn operations
decent management
long working hours
demands physical work
store management
Fun and exciting while working
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Annerley QLD1 May 2019
This place is always exciting to work. As I am working as a console operator, I get a chance to meet and talk to many types of mentalities which excites me. Some people are very good at sharing their experiences which makes me learn something out of that.
Friensly work place
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Karuah NSW 232422 March 2019
Working under BP always feels happy giving the best quality service fuel and making food with good quality and making happy to customers every time with customer service.
Pros
Free lunch
great
Senior Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Redland Bay QLD13 March 2019
loved working for Bp perfect work/ life balance great pay, management treat you well and look after you, shifts are great. very busy which i love because your shift goes so fast
Pros
shifts
good staff support
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 January 2019
A typical day consisted of arriving thirty minutes early having a briefing of jobs done and needing to be done reading the day book. Counting the till and signing off both workers.Checking work detail sheet serving ,tanking any 50 dollar notes ,cleaning ,stock replenishment, read the tanks call through thr reading for fuel re-order
Pros
good staff to work with
Cons
need to change hours of work
horrible working conditiond
Casual Junior (Former Employee) –  Northampton WA13 December 2018
40 degree heat and still no air con is ridiculous. i learnt how to burn my arm multiple times on the bay-marry. every day was horrible and no beaks were stupid.
Not secure working environmentTraing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenhill Road7 December 2018
Training was not sufficient enough and working a late shift I always felt unsafe as I worked on my own in a very venerable situation. I was responsible for counting of monies and stocking up the fridges & most of the stock was out back which meant I could not see if someone came into the shop which made me feel very exposed.
Pros
Cons
Unsafe working place at night
Productive and Tough but fun loving environment to work
Barista/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yagoona NSW28 November 2018
You always have to be on your toes to work here and always have to do others work , have to pay for drive offs even if you dont have any fault. nicest place to work
fast paced environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 November 2018
Overall a good company to work for, many opportunities if you want to work up the ladder. Always something to do, never a dull moment in the workplace.
Not the best company
ه Customer service (Former Employee) –  Caldermeade VIC17 October 2018
Never work for them again, they are not nice people. Constantly getting put down. Pay rate is below below average. On Christmas day you get some rate you work every other day
Enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chinderah NSW26 September 2018
I loved working for BP, and was sorry to have to leave.
I enjoy all aspects of customer service, and this role certainly covered quite a few.
Management was ok.
I didn't care for cleaning the pumps, but it's part of the job.
I got to know a lot of my regular customers, and they were very nice people.
Pros
Free decent coffee.
Cons
Pump cleaning
Last Resort Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albion Park NSW19 September 2018
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off.

I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts.

My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do
  more... over your shift. It rarely get checked and is never refered to as performance. Ive never worked for a company that cared less for its employees or customers. I don't see any redeeming features in the promotions especially considering they dictate your usefulness to the company. I think if BP stopped trying to use their employees as scapegoats and tried asking them what's wrong with the company they'd be able to improve their service far beyond any stupid promotions.

Just to sum up, this is the type of job you take if you've been looking for months and nothing is coming up. If there's the slightest chance of getting a job somewhere else, even another service station, take it. You're not going to find anything positive about your experience at BP.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company
Very friendly environment and it bossts up interpersonal skills
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 August 2018
• It requires attention detail when processing customer transactions.
• Awareness of environment very important.
• Friendly and supporting staff.
• It does require strong communication skills.
The BP service station was a good and intersting place to work.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 August 2018
Working at the BP service station was my first job when i left school.
It was a interesting place to work, and i got to meet and engage with all kinds of people with my various duties within my scope of work,
The staff and management where very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Was close to where i live, and was a good place to work.
Cons
The wages where low
great place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD1 August 2018
love working there but I would like to do full time or part time work as I am employed as a casual, my shifts are all over the place, looking for a job where I know what hours and days I am working instead of only knowing a fortnight in advance.
great company with highly skilled work force
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD29 June 2018
great company with highly skilled work force
the staff are very nice.
unique experience, always creating a positive and relaxed work environment that meets high demands.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macarthur NSW3 June 2018
While I was at BP, the manager and assistant manager there were great. The company was always helpful and there were opportunities to advance if you wished
Job Security
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Au22 May 2018
Excellent Compensation - Work place is for those that are further on in their careers. Great if you are complascent but challenging for movers/shakers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expected tenure in lower roles
work ethic is excellent
Casual Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canterbury NSW21 May 2018
the job can get very borrning and quiet for hours.
the staff are very nice.
cleaning the forcourt and fual tasks can be very hard.
the shifts are very short
Pros
learning something new everyday
Cons
short hours and terrible pay

51.2K