BP

Australia236 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 236 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,416 reviews

learning curve

to start with it was great but after a while i realized that day staff didn't do much replenishment of stock and it was left up to the overnight staff

Great team work place, enjoyable fun customer service

I love waking up in the morning and getting ready for a days work at BP, knowing that if lm happy or sad that once l began work a customer would make me smile which got me through my shift. Also this can work in reverse and that's what BP Retail is all about, the Retail Experience and knowing that the Customers will want to return everyday

such a fun place to lear all sorts of stuff

Serving clients, which would typically include a good number of repeat customers, replenishing products, and keeping the shop cleanliness would be part of your average day. There are days when patience is tested, and my job has helped me become more patient and tolerant. Doing closing processes while still conducting sales would, in my opinion, be the most challenging aspect of the job. The clients, on the other hand, are a friendly group and may occasionally stop and chat for a while, which makes the job the most pleasurable.

Pros

free hot chocalates

Cons

Enhance knowledge and interesting job

I got the chance to deal with different types of customers and i like to learn as many new things i can. I love doing filling at my work and also i like to keep the container properly managed. I always try my best to give a satisfaction to every customer and also help the customer with the things they are unable to find in the store.

Pros

Supportive staff

Cons

Long hours to stand

it was ok working night shift

i worked here for 3 months doing night shiftlot of work because it was a cafe tooi miss it sometimes but the late hours and the no career progression it was a deal breaker for me

Pros

good pay

Cons

late long hours on your feet in the same place = your feet will be killing you trust me

Can be very busy with Customer service, merchandising , stock control, cleaning, even preparing and cooking food.

in a typical 6 hr shift we can service over 400 customers, also expected to clean , control stock, stack shelves , cook food often at the same time so can be very demanding and stressful.

Pros

Customers are generally good.

Cons

Can be very demanding and stressful. Sometimes feels like whatever we do it isn't good enough.

Good place to start.

The work is good, easy work, people are good to work with, small team you do work alone a fair bit. But the hours weren't great. Nights drain you if you have kids, not a great work home balance.

Pros

People

Cons

Hours

Fun work place

Good work place depending on your manager. Work hours are good to suit a proper work life balance.sometimes it's stressful when targets are not met. Overall good experience.

overall its good for starter. Wouldnt recomend for a career

i used to work in the norther cluster os sydney NSW. The managers were nice and the staffs were friendly. It was the corporate who used to put pressure on us.Need to maintain KPI. I believe this was very hard. other than that all good.Pay is alright.

Fun workplace

It makes a great difference when you have a good relationship with your Manager. I must say that my store was extremely lucky in that sense. And because of that, work got done, everyone listened, kpi's were met and most importantly our customers kept coming back. As I said RARE!!!

Pros

Genuine care for team, health and well-being

Cons

Night shift, lonley

When worked at bp it was not at all a good work environment.

My manager exploited people from job agencies by giving a good amount of shifts when government subsidies were paying the wages, then when the subsidies ran out, the shifts would become few and far between, until I had one shift in a fortnightly roster. At this point, you think, what's the point, and just quit to find more work somewhere else.

No empathy from management, upsell so manager gets bonus

Customers get irate with you because you have to upsell them just so the manager can get bonus pay, then have no empathy when you're stressed out.Manager didn't even know the procedure for cleaning the oven in the cafe.

One of the best jobs for me while I was a student.

Management was really understanding of my study schedule and worked around my availability. Could always pick up or drop shifts. My coworkers were great and really helpful when I was learning, always had a great chat too. The customers were patient and really friendly. There’s not a bad thing I can say about working there

Pros

Good weekend rates, paid breaks

Cons

Short shifts

Good part time work

Good things - short shifts, not a bad pay and reliable company Bad things - work is very hectic and fast paced. As most of bp stores open 24 hours, there are overnight shifts which are not suitable for everyone.

Everyday is different

Everyday is different Staff moral is mostly great different personalities can be challenging in any workplace Pay is great Can be busy can be slow but always have tasks to do when slowLots of kpi's to stick to Problem solving Lots to cleanAlways learning new things

Pros

Learn how to multi task. Grow great rapport with customers and staff.

Cons

Long hours no breaks unless you get the odd couple of minutes to sit down, Different personalities can be hard to navigate, Dealing with abusive customers.

Fast pace, friendly environment

It become your routine for sure and you need at least couple of days off in a week to enjoy and work at BPMoreover you always work with your colleagues so it will help you to work smoothly

Productive and fun working space

I had a good time. Learned a lot of things. I must say that I had wonderful management under which I worked. Overall, I would like to say I had good time

Pros

free lunches

It's a job.

For the most part we work by our selves. No toilet breaks, no breaks despite being entitled to 20min break I've never,ever had one. Always seem to be under staffed.

Pros

Follow staff and reg customers are great .

Cons

Don't seem to grasp the causal concept. Rostered on even after making myself unavailable.

Awful place to work - go anywhere else.

BP does not care about it's employee's at all, they're perfectly happy to exploit their workers, often immigrants or young people. There is zero work life balance with ridiculous rostering and the job is treated like a high pressure wall street job with the KPI's and terribly trained "managers" who act emotional and micromanage in the worst ways imaginable.

Your just a number.

At the end of the day the only thing that bp service stations care about is profit. When it comes to job security there is none. If you need work look elsewhere.

Pros

Free coffee if you have your own mug

Cons

A lot of back stabing goes on .

Horrible management

BP was horrible. The management is very rude and treated me unfairly. Senior staff were getting way more hours than me and I was given a written warning in the first month of employment for unintentionally putting one wrong fuel price. Very two faced they say one thing to you and do another behind your back. I was never acknowledged for any work I’ve done and was constantly walking into eggshells when working there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No discounts, no breaks & long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BP with

• BP
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?