bp

bp Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 4,447 reviews

Fantastic to work

Great place to work though a lot of responsibilities and always a lot to do. A lot of customers sometimes tired from riding so compassion is a must. Enjoyed my time and would recommend if you are a good worker .

High Octane

Never a dull day, always something to do, high demand, varied tasks, good pay but work life balance is not great, heavily relied upon.. pray nobody goes off sick

bp insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Sucks

Management is awful, employees do nothing but talk about their coworkers behind their backs. All while doing nothing to improve themselves or their work ethic.

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay could be better . Benefits would be nice What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Some of people you work with . Really needs a deli manager What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Mostly good. But have two people that really don’t get along. Can be stressful What is a typical day like for you at the company?Making food. And the pizza rack filled. Stocking.

Not a bad place

Flexible working timings, made better after covid. Nice office and pantryPolitics in finance and riskProcesses are in place and many regulations (they call policies). Individualised tasks, administration is left to admin team

Fun and easy place to work

Easy job, decent pay with funny people to work with. Good bonuses and staff perks. Fast paced retail work environment but very casual and easy going.

Pros

Lunch discount and free hot drinks

Cons

Covering shifts

Productive and fun workplace

Working for BP was one of the best work experiences in my working life. The people I worked with were helpful understanding and easy to get on with. You were part of the team and although it was hard work, it was never stressful.

Pros

Working at home at times

Cons

One of the better places to work in the area

Over all good place to work . Typical big company stuff and shift work gets old but Pay and benefits are good. Can move around on the salary side but not much on hourly side.

What is the best part of working at the company?As a contract trainer l dealt with BP employees to track facility usage. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?BP is the least stressed company I have ever worked with!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The company has a group that makes sure that all employees are comfortable in their environment - physically and mentally.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Making sure that each person is comfortable with their daily efforts.

Fun place to work

The job was easy. Friendly staff and good work place. Lots of discounts offered for the staff that works with them. Manager is friendly and the hours of work are flexible.

Proud t to be part of BP

I have got a great experience with BP and I am proud of being part of the PSVM team, as well as support the team to achieve target for business development globally and in Angola.

Pros

Culture of care, fair salary and great pension plan

Cons

Poor people Management

Great place to learn and grow your skill set

BP is a great place to work. The benefits and the culture are very competitive and advantageous. Yearly bonuses are wonderful. The way in which decisions are made could improve as there is a lot of agreement that has to be achieved before taking action, but the company is improving significantly in that space.

Pros

Flexible working, very relaxing environment, alot of opportunity to grow

Cons

Kumbaya mentality makes decisions a long process

Great place to work but it's who you know

Great place to work with benefits but if you don't build up a network and kiss your managers often, you will not move up the chain. Also, every few years they will have transformation where they will take the lower folks out but keep the same managers with high paying jobs that really don't know much and reprocessing strategies..Yep they do!

Strongly suggest not to apply for Harthill North you will have no life

Terrible place to workNo work life balance Manager only cares about business you are just a number They constantly hound you to cover shifts. The job is overall super stressful so many targets to meet and they hound you to hound customers to take loyalty cards. Barely get a weekend off and if you ask for a weekend off they put you in a ton of shifts b4 it The more you do for them the less thanks you get. Got family working for them so of course there's favouritism regarding shifts and contracts Seriously avoid this store if you want a life

Pros

Not much

Cons

Everything.

Fun place to work

It’s fun but hard work. The managers expect you to go above and beyond without extra compensation. I do love the customer and my actual job. I wouldn’t make a career out of it.

Petrol attendant

It was nice working with my colleagues it was fun the most important thing I learnt is the customer service The only thing that made me wanna leave it was standing all day but I didn't leave I worked there until my contract ends but enjoyed working as team with my colleagues

Pros

My lunch was 30 minutes

Cons

Tea time was 15 minutes

okey

good. customers usually describe their experience, how the company treated them, talk about the quality of the product, and say whether they'd recommend this company or not.

Fun to work.

You can enjoy relax but so busy in peak hours to work excellent atmosphere responsibility and encouragement to work as a team definitely happily and relax and suitable to work with ethnic people and learn food things stay in the life

Pros

Enjoy

Awful job toxic management

I started BP as an assistant manager and was told I would be given 12 weeks of full training. When I arrived it was clear the manager wasn’t interested in training me at all as they were on there way out of the company. I was then constantly put down and told I wasn’t good enough for the position when I explained I had little to no experience as a manager and that HR told me not to worry about this at the interview stage I was told they don’t normally hire externally. I was genuinely confused the entire time I worked there. There was constant team arguments and fall outs and management couldn’t care less. Request for simple things like days off would be ignored and I was forced to step down and managed out. I would not recommend working for BP at management level unless you have progressed through the company otherwise you will be made to feel stupid and not good enough.

What is the best part of working at the company?They made sure everyone was safe I worked for the oil spell it is a good company to work for What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When the weather gets bad and we can't go out on the boat What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Safety every day before you go to work

Love it. People are friendly. Everyone helps each other. Very collaborative work environment. Big conglomerate. Feel really inspired at work. My boss is amazing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare bp with