Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia212 reviews
Moody colleagues but a helpful night staff
Good management

Generous night rates compared to other retailers

Got to know lot about coffee making
Good to touch up on communication skills (especially if English is not your first language)
The whole process took months. the culture was horrible, no breaks for lunch , standing on your feet for more than 8 hours straight, no engaging from management, they don't care about the staff in the retail sector and don't address any concerns staff have. There's no respect for lower leaders from senior management and your not even acknowledged . The Pay is absolutely horrible.. Casual and part time staff earn more than an assistant manager who works full time hours .
Pros
there are no Pros, you pay for everything... there is absolutely NOTHING!!
Cons
long hours, no breaks, horrible pay, no respect as individuals
I feel, BP Fuel is the one of the best place to work. because good salary and job security. In my work place my manager is very supportive and he helped me in problem solving during the shift.
Little prospect for growth! Top management left almost everything to managers! Work politics evident! To be raised to managerial position is whom you know and not how good you are at your work!
I would work for BP anytime they are good to there employees and they do try to give flexible hours of work and keep up to date with training in all areas
The management was ok, salary was less, i learned a lot in here, and workplace culture was good, the most enjoyable part was communicating with customers and maintaining the store.
Also a hard company to get a full-time job and the managers don't have a clue what is going on with the shop after hours the worker are no good at add and subtracting with out the computer
They were a good company to work for and I loved the work but in the end the late shift was a bit scary on your own .they expected to much from the afternoon staff when I worked for them .The pay was good but the shifts weren't long enough to cover my needs as a only job and a morage to pay for .good for a second income only
the amount of pay for the amount of work hours is so bad, you can work a 12-14 hour day 5 days a week with no thank you for the extra hours and no overtime paid
Working under BP always feels happy giving the best quality service fuel and making food with good quality and making happy to customers every time with customer service.
Pros
Free lunch
I work at one of BP stores in Perth. The biggest problem we are facing is cutting down of staff at most of the BP stores. So the employees are under a lot of stress and huge pressure not just to serve a lot of customers alone but also to do so many activities as well such as stock filling, cleaning the shop which can be very tiring.
The salary is reasonable. We can penalty rates for working on weekends. But there are very bleak possibilities of promotion.

Also, they don't let you sit so you have to stand all day... throughout your shift which can be challenging for some..
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
A lot of work and pressure, all day on feet, odd working hours
Never work for them again, they are not nice people. Constantly getting put down. Pay rate is below below average. On Christmas day you get some rate you work every other day
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off.

I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts.

My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do
 - more...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company
Excellent Compensation - Work place is for those that are further on in their careers. Great if you are complascent but challenging for movers/shakers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expected tenure in lower roles
the job can get very borrning and quiet for hours.
the staff are very nice.

cleaning the forcourt and fual tasks can be very hard.

the shifts are very short
Pros
learning something new everyday
Cons
short hours and terrible pay
All managers on power trips. No work life balance whatsoever, as you are on call 24/7 and expected to pick up shifts on top of your own or work 12 hour days without even as much as a thank you. Nothing is ever good enough and extremely little support from above...
Pros
Cant think of anything good enough to mention
Cons
Long hours, no support, never good enough
Good working environment, nice and pressure free atmosphere. Staff welfare was one of the main agenda of the company and at the same time safety was given the utmost priority.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nil
I have loved working with Bp as I love customer service and getting to know a lot of regular customers. Love making coffee and learning new things. But sometimes you can have long days
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Can be long hours
Over worked and under appreciated, you can't really have a personal life with being a manager you always have to be on call. Lovely staff, work hours were ok.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Bad salary for the work you do
Extreme disappointment. Long hours. No support. Unfair expectations. Wage was inconsistent with other places. The pressure of this job was not good for work life balance.
Pros
Safety
Cons
long hours no support
It was only casual so no job security. Long hours and good pay though. You were always alone to work however, so it was quite boring. You end up cleaning a lot.