Baby Bunting

21: Baby Bunting Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Quite a few benefits

You can stay here long term if that’s what you want . A very structured company that looks after you . Full uniform provided ,on site car spot , tea, coffee , biscuits and plenty of morning teas provided , on and off charity’s supported by the company . Can be abit over the top with catalogs and special weekend deals with a considerable amount of wastage but most big companies are like that i s’pose

Pros

Nice environment to work in most of the time

Cons

Out of touch head office, entitled customers

Fast paced environment.

Was able to advance within the company but unfortunately was unable to do so within the store originally started at. Upper management are amazing to deal with and supportive.

Toxic

The culture of Baby Bunting is toxic. If your a new person you get thrown in the deep end and expected to know what to do. This place is just full of drama and feels like a high school situation.

Rewarding work that allows for growth and advancement.

Great company to work for. Down to earth upper level management that care about their employees, and check in regularly with stores. Above award pay, with great benefits. Room for advancement in the company. Constantly learning.

Pros

Watching families grow from pregnancy to toddlers, Free shares for permanent staff, Fun if you like kids.

Cons

Can be emotionally draining. High focus on kpis.

poor values and toxic work place

values are meant to be followed, however the management from store up to middle management is only focused on profits and will step over there values to achieve them.work environment is very poor and in some site it is outright toxic to work in.

Pros

always busy

Cons

work place culture

Good pay but no room for improvement

They really need new management! A lot of workplace bullying going on! Mangers have there favourites No room for progression! If your happy to be and under dog then apply

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Worst place to work for your self esteem

I was with one of their new stores for a year and I it’s a time I want to erase from my memory. Management were not encouraging or inclusive. I felt very “small” there and unless you are prepared to speak up and exude confidence, you will be treated as a “body on the floor” and no one will bother to help you improve. Staff were clique-y. Hours and leave were difficult to negotiate. Management structure was intimidating and they should be properly trained to speak to staff with respect.

Pros

Nice, clean work environment, stocked staff room, good budget for social events, above award hourly rate

Cons

Management, training, company culture, hours

Good

Working in baby bunting online is good if you are a full timer as a casual worker you do not get as many shifts if there is not any sales or catalogues

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Less online hours

Employee Focused

I actually can’t recommend Baby Bunting highly enough, this is finally a company that truly cares about their team members and their customers. Training is comprehensive and thorough, pay is excellent and they really live by their Values.

Management is terrible

At baby bunting you are just another number. Management is terrible and extremely rude. Left due to horrible management who were unhelpful during peak times and toxic. Staff members are lovely and pretty much all have to help each other because management are usually no where to be seen. Other that store managers the high up management are beyond lovely.

Easy going and fun

Working at baby bunting, you feel like a family. Sometimes (due to the management) you will feel belittled for basically everything. Management needs to be handed over as it is putting the company at risk. Lots of unsatisfied customers since management is so poorly executed.

Pros

collegues

Cons

little to do

Lovely Company to work for!

Day to day you are introduced to so many new families and its enriching watching them grow over time through out their pregnancy and when little bubba's finally arrive. Its fun being in for the journey and seeing the look of relief when you've helped them take a weight of stress off their shoulders. In terms of training, it never ends. It's limitless especially with our brands developing so rapidly to ensure mothers have a convenient experience using their products and that they cover all measures of safety and beyond. The hardest part for sure is seeing mothers after a car accident (minor or major) and if the unfortunate happens and bub is no longer arriving. It happens and you just have to put on your best front and be there for them. But by far the most enjoyable thing about Baby Bunting is the team mates you will make. Some of the loveliest whole hearted people you will meet.

Pros

Good Salary, Enriching, Educational

Cons

Hard to secure Part Time depending on store and experience.

Management were horrible

Management were rarely around, and when they were, they would be judging you for what you were doing with no context. Have talk ed to others and no one has enjoyed working there. I started working there when it was brand new and there weren't a lot of customers and it was quite boring.

Pros

Pay was on time

Cons

Bad managers and managment, Lonely and boring, Expected to act like a 5star hotel when it was a baby shop that should be fun

Inflexible and bullying environment

If I could zeros for this company I would. I did learn rostering and stock ordering and stock control, but I taught myself. The culture is that of bullying by management and it is supported by upper management. The hardest part of the job is actually walking in there knowing you are going to a bad day. The most enjoyable part was the day I left and made a formal complaint to which nothing was done. Just happy to be out of there.

Pros

Getting to help new parents navigate their way to buying to right products for them.

Cons

Working for Baby bunting!

wonderful people and work environment

having lunch with the supervisors and also management team. everyone having a good laugh and greeting everyone at work in the morning. everyone working together as a team

Pros

Work benefits

Would Never work for this company again

For the short time I worked for this company they had disrespectful employees who they were aware of and the managers did nothing to correct the situation, simply saying they were aware and hopefully those individuals quit soon, The managers were uncompromising in regards to work and life balance and focused on themselves. They undervalued their workers and continually over burdened them with minimal to no training.

fun enjoyable place to work

Great place to work if you want to learn the ins and outs of the baby world . Great if you have kids as you can relate to the customers wants and needs. Very understanding and family orientated compared to other competitors

Pros

Understands how important family is

Cons

Not appreciated enough

Good worplace but need more staff

I was not really helped to learn the ropes and was very short staffed which made it a very stressful environment. Plus felt like I was thrown in the deep end and had to teach myself from the start.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Not enough staff

I enjoy working with different cultures

I learned different strategy in picking and packing, as a factory worker and as a cleaner. I will meet different cultures and enjoy talking and sharing ideas when its break time. Time management is a great factor in working.

Pros

Free coffee and amenities

suits working mums

suits working mums with kids, pay is quite good for retail. management could improve and working weekends isn't always fun.

Cons

you must work every weekend

customer service

like the retail part not the women working there.was quick and easy to learn products and daily tasks . liked meeting new customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baby Bunting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Baby Bunting with

Learn about Baby Bunting in popular locations

• Baby Bunting
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?