BackOffice Associates Employee Reviews

Data company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Global8 August 2019
Difficult technology to master. Clique based culture. Long travel hours. Difficult relationship between sales and delivery. New management in place.
Excellent Place to work
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire7 June 2019
I have been with BoA with more than 5 year and I can definitely say its a great place to work. Very good people and management. Excellent technical opportunities.
Pros
Good Work culture
Cons
None I can think of
loved my co workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 May 2019
management however was less than thrilling. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with and was excited to be a part of the BOA team. I felt as though I had no room to grow.
Management is Terrible
SENIOR DATA MIGRATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Travel18 March 2019
BackOffice is poorly managed at the higher levels of the company and regarding staffing of projects. There is severe lack of communication between the deployment team and the consultants when the employee is on the bench, so much so that it is to the point of being disrespectful to the employee.

Once deployed on a project, however, the management of the project team and the relationship between team members is almost always exceptional. But these "managers" of these projects are fellow employees (also consultants) and not part of the company's management team.

It's too bad there is such a disconnect though between employees/consultants and the BackOffice's management team and also with those who place consultants on a project.

For the times when the employee/consultant is actively working on a project, it is a fantastic place to work. But the process in between projects when waiting for the next assignment, it is one of the worst places to work. The company is so disorganized and so disrespectful at keeping the employee informed during benchtime.
Pros
Exceptional place to work (however, only when deployed to a project)
Cons
Poor management, disrespectful due to lack of communication when consultant is on the bench, no pay increases year after year after year, no reimbursement for further training outside of the organization
Introduction to data
Sr. Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, OH14 January 2019
BackOffice has lots of room for improvement. They are set up to succeed but they just need to take action. With their partnership with SAP and many other leaders in the data world, this company could be so much more. With that being said, they give everyone a chance at showing their skills when you work with their clients. They just don’t always train you in the skills you need before you start the job. This enables you to learn as you go and really apply it everyday. BackOffice has a very bright future and with new leadership on the way - this company can do great things.
insurance
Office Executive (Current Employee) –  mumbai Borivali7 December 2018
your comapany is benifits enjoy all costemer and i also very important i am join yore comapny. company policy paid all costemer i was working your company
Pros
Cons
ye
Management is a nightmare
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Remote30 August 2018
I was brought on as a Software Developer. Once hired I was placed on a team comprised of only myself. Then instructed to created advanced features on legacy code with no assistance to help understand the code/framework that was created over the past 10 years.

Throughout the course of my employment I was frequently reprimanded for not pushing 4+ new features/tickets per week. As well, I was instructed that I was not able to move to a different position in the company that utilized newer technologies and coding practices. So, I was effectively stuck in a dead end job with no promising future.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible health care with high costs; Bad Management
Excellent Migration Solution Tools
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Remote3 May 2018
Their DSP application is very intuitive and it lends for providing migration and data governance solutions regardless of size or complexity of projects.
Pros
Excellent technical training content for data migration consulting
Deceptive
Data Migration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MA12 February 2018
Interviewed in July 2017 with an offer shortly after. Start date supposed to be mid August. Start date was moved to SEPTEMBER 26th to "allow other new hires to take vacations." In between this time, the company was acquired, but the eleven new hires were given assurances that everything was okay. The new hires went to Ohio for a two-week training and then were sent home to await deployment. Deployment never came...the eleven of us sat at home for over 5 months before getting a call saying we were being laid off due to no projects on the horizon. The company literally hired and laid off 11 consultants because they could not find any work for us to do. I have to assume the management, especially the sales side is run very poorly. Management consistently assured the new hires that our jobs were safe, and we were being given a "free" pass...apparently not.

I would not recommend working at this company unless you like being left in the dark for months at a time. Horrible experience for a new hire.
Pros
Cons
Management, lack of work, treated new hires poorly
An excellent place for those who love challenges
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  MA8 February 2018
My role as a Solution Consultant for Enterprise Data Migration & Governance enabled me to work with the global team. I had the opportunity to work for the APAC region for Digital Transformation with SAP S/4HANA.

The company had excellent work culture with a very flexible work-life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team that treated you like a family.
Pros
Free snacks, soft drinks, etc..
Cons
Na
Learn many new things
SAP MDG Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana23 October 2017
Company has given many good opportunities to learn new technologies as well company will give good opportunities for onsite.
We can see friendly team members.
Good Company
Data Migration Lead (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MA17 October 2017
Good company to work, good working environment, good management, good benefits package. Innovative, good culture, travel, good team of professionals, overall good.
Fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OH12 September 2017
Typical day at work was you go in and for the enter time you are there you are cleaning something. So I typically cleaned all the computer dest that they worked at and mopped all the floors and cleaned the bathrooms.
Pros
Listen to music while working
Cons
no breaks
Flexible, but underpaid position
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, OH24 July 2017
Can be a good fit. Raises and promotions are few and far between. Management not transparent about promotion and raise status. Three weeks vacation plus paid holidays. Frequently asked to do things outside the scope of position. Frequently sold as 1 or 2 positions higher than what you get paid for.
Pros
Flexible work options
Cons
No career path, raises few and far between.
New things to learn
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana12 July 2017
Management is okay. Good place to work on Data Migration. Workplace is fun and people are helpful. Project processes needs to be followed. Quality of work can be further improved.
Data Migration Consultant
Data Migration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MA2 May 2017
Developed experience in technical support, risk management, client training, data analysis, software development, and business process management while working at BackOffice Associates.
Fun Place to work
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OH 448573 January 2017
Can be boring when not assigned to a project. managers are only out for themselves or their closest friends. No room for upward movement and low pay.
Worked as Assistant Accountant
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dubai21 December 2016
I have a learnt a lot with my seniors, well provided opportunities. Excellent cultural sensitivity.Able to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
Pros
free Lunch
Cons
Flexible with working hours
Administrative Assistant with +2 years of experience
Admin Account Officer (Current Employee) –  Dubai21 December 2016
I have worked here Account Administrative Assistant, work environment is good of experience in a sensitive corporate environment.
Pros
No Lunch
Cons
No Increment
Fun Workplace with Flexibility
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, OH30 April 2016
-Great Culture
-Not much room for upward mobility
-Low pay for title based on national average
-Flexible with work hours
-Option to work from home
Pros
Flexible, Free Lunches on Occasion
Cons
Low Pay