Bakehouse Café Employee Reviews

2.7Job Security & Advancement
Awful
Staff (Former Employee) –  Central Coast NSW14 January 2020
I only worked there for 3-4 months and called in sick twice. Management is harsh and doesn’t listen, as well as cruel and extremely quick to make a ruling on the disciplinary action- DO NOT WORK HERE, it is extremely unbelievable how this business is run! Some genuinely lovely staff and regular customers got me through the work days as well as some higher ups. No resources spent on trainings and they wonder why they have lacklustre crew who struggle to know what the correct procedure is!
Very basic skills required to work a Bakehouse Cafe.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Erina NSW11 July 2019
Dont ever move to the Central Coast to work for Bakehouse Cafe as there are no other jobs there!!
Staff are to scared to rock the boat because of this.
Management is weak & unskilled.
If you want to go back in time (1980's) making outdated product eg creamed sponge, apple turnovers,
they are still putting animal fat into their bread, Bakehouse Cafe is the place for you!!
All the equipment is second hand & breaking down.
Apprentices are stuck working on the same section for a couple of years.
Days in lieu, annual leave are not shown on pay slips,
So you don't really know if public hoildays are being recorded probably.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Weak Management
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD11 September 2016
Friendly environment , usually a 8 hour shift worth the money. Co-workers are team work ready and reliable. Lots of delicious food benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina, Woy Woy, Greenpoint18 February 2013
While working at the Bakehouse Cafe i enjoyed all aspects of the job a typical day would usually include starting with backing up the bread and then putting all the price displays on all food stock, I would then clean restock fridge, attend the cash cash register to help out the customers that were waiting to order. I would help out in the sandwich bar or I would work the coffee machine for a while. the whole day would be full of moving and cleaning. I learned to have great time management skills. The management was good for all accounts. My Co workers were always nice friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was probably getting the sandwich out of the grille because you weren't allowed to use tongs or anything else to get it out so you usually ended up burning your fingers or hand. The most enjoyable part was just being able to work along side nice caring people you can have a laugh with but still take the job seriously.
Pros
got to take home some stock at the end of the day