Baker Hughes Incorporated
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Australia51 reviews
supervisors are very good and helpful at problem solving as well communicating when in field or workshop, also safety was all ways a priority with all team members that was a great culture.
Overall good experience, management not to good, talk a lot but don't do much, false promises and never tell the truth, which everyone knows but them. Office staff same as management you wouldn't think they work for the same company.
Pros
Good work culture between the shop floor
Cons
Run terrible. no organisation from the top.
I was working with Bakerhughes under NES Australia.I’m satisfied that time my position is leak testing operator at INPEX FPSO ICHTHYS project.all team mates at the project is very hardworking,I hope I can work again with Bakerhughes one day..
Not efficient chain of command nobody can help you except your self. Hard to understand online training process. When we have problem there is no one to ask to solve the problem.
Be prepared for a lot of heavy workload and time changes for working hours. Can be hard working in the heat a lot of times..The correct PPE is a must depending on the task to be done .
Pros
Early finish.
Cons
Late starts.
Ensure the personnel that they understand the safety during the daily operations and augment the knowledge of the personnel the field of pipeline pre-commissioning.
Pros
Have enough rest prior to start the job
Cons
Long hours work
Worked for the company as a contractor for 6 weeks, while I was there is was a fun place to work. I have no problems with the other Staff who accepted me as soon as I started.
This is not the best place to be if you are looking for a team environment. Everyone is out for themselves and not interested in developing careers. Best thing that could have happened to them was being bought out.
New employee will be seen as an outsider initially but once your prove yourself technically and bring something of value to the table you will easily get accepted.

Work require being away from home and extended long working hours.
Opens up doors to experience and travel the world. I found myself working in multiple countries and the pay is also very good. Great opportunity to for exposure to the energy sector.
Day to day workload varies a lot depending on projects. Mostly a very enjoyable place to work but under the last few years trend this has become a very tense working environment. Company is always finding ways to improve employees knowledge and skills and encourage participation online and instructor led classes in Code of Conduct, Security and HSE.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
I have been working FIFO for more than 14 years over many countries allover the world , Have a very good experience in drilling , can work on contracts and have a good idea about the drilling conventional tools and RSS drilling tools
Worked as directional drilling technical support and personal and tools coordinator in IRAQ oil field.
Some chances for advancement if you demonstrate the right attitude to your work. Most of the personal are willing to train new personal, whilst there is still the stigmata that if they show you too much you will take there job.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pipeline Supervisor within Perth Australia, 3 month job contract. I have achieved advanced training within my position and gained several certificated within this my line of work. The hardest part of these jobs out with the UK is the length of time not seeing family, the most enjoyable time is heading back home to see family.
Pros
Competitive SalarY
Cons
Hours are long some days, but great people to work with overall. Plenty of benefits, both incentive wise and non-incentive too.
Great team to work with, but there appear to be several people in the wrong positions. The Company has room to improve on its Project Controls as it does not take Project Controls seriously and have no Processes in place to improve.
It is an oil and gas industry. A globally recognized company. Dealing with Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul of drilling tools.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Unstable market in Australia
Good flexibility on ownership of responsibilities.

Management very structured and provide feedback on good and bad performance. Always willing to listen to constructive feedback.

Excellent technology at the forefront or drilling and exploration enabled great outcomes to be achieved for the customers.
To much in house fighting and back stabbing in the office by operations personnel in the office made it hard for the guys in the field do do their job and keeping clients happy with their dealings.