Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 4,774 reviews
Great
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2018
Worked for the company as a contractor for 6 weeks, while I was there is was a fun place to work. I have no problems with the other Staff who accepted me as soon as I started.
Dog-eat-dog environement
Operations and Sales M (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 April 2018
This is not the best place to be if you are looking for a team environment. Everyone is out for themselves and not interested in developing careers. Best thing that could have happened to them was being bought out.
Strong Culture
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth Western Australia25 January 2018
New employee will be seen as an outsider initially but once your prove yourself technically and bring something of value to the table you will easily get accepted.

Work require being away from home and extended long working hours.
Great working conditions
Drilling Fluids Technician, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT3 September 2017
Opens up doors to experience and travel the world. I found myself working in multiple countries and the pay is also very good. Great opportunity to for exposure to the energy sector.
Can be a good company to work in.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA14 June 2017
Day to day workload varies a lot depending on projects. Mostly a very enjoyable place to work but under the last few years trend this has become a very tense working environment. Company is always finding ways to improve employees knowledge and skills and encourage participation online and instructor led classes in Code of Conduct, Security and HSE.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Productive and hard worker during working hours and enjoy the vacation
Direction drilling engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 May 2017
I have been working FIFO for more than 14 years over many countries allover the world , Have a very good experience in drilling , can work on contracts and have a good idea about the drilling conventional tools and RSS drilling tools
Worked as directional drilling technical support and personal and tools coordinator in IRAQ oil field.
Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 March 2017
Some chances for advancement if you demonstrate the right attitude to your work. Most of the personal are willing to train new personal, whilst there is still the stigmata that if they show you too much you will take there job.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Benificial company to work within.
Pipeline Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Australia13 March 2017
Pipeline Supervisor within Perth Australia, 3 month job contract. I have achieved advanced training within my position and gained several certificated within this my line of work. The hardest part of these jobs out with the UK is the length of time not seeing family, the most enjoyable time is heading back home to see family.
Pros
Competitive SalarY
Cons
Great people to work with
Project Engineer - Gorgon Upstream (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 March 2017
Hours are long some days, but great people to work with overall. Plenty of benefits, both incentive wise and non-incentive too.
Great Team Environment
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Perth WA21 February 2017
Great team to work with, but there appear to be several people in the wrong positions. The Company has room to improve on its Project Controls as it does not take Project Controls seriously and have no Processes in place to improve.
It is an oil and gas company. We are dealing with Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul of drilling tools.
Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul Tech General (Former Employee) –  Bibra Lake WA13 November 2016
It is an oil and gas industry. A globally recognized company. Dealing with Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul of drilling tools.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Unstable market in Australia
Excellent work culture.
Primary Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 September 2016
Good flexibility on ownership of responsibilities.

Management very structured and provide feedback on good and bad performance. Always willing to listen to constructive feedback.

Excellent technology at the forefront or drilling and exploration enabled great outcomes to be achieved for the customers.
Worst Job I have had due to management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 July 2016
To much in house fighting and back stabbing in the office by operations personnel in the office made it hard for the guys in the field do do their job and keeping clients happy with their dealings.
Pros
People who worked in the field were great bunch to work with
Cons
Poor management and asked to cover up for their short commings
Good work place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Moomba SA14 July 2016
It is a real good company to work with. Pleasant work culture and good people around me made the work place a home. Although the working hour is long, there is sufficient time for other activities such as sports and movies.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Hard career path
No work/life balance
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Australia5 July 2016
I learned a lot about the business when working at Baker Hughes but it quickly became apparent that there was no work/life balance. I had great coworkers.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
No Work/Life Balance
Safe working environment, Friendly
QA/QC Coordinator Chevron Gorgon Project (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2016
Friendly place to work, I enjoyed working to tight deadlines when equipment failed offshore, High standard of HSE in all departments
Pros
New clean facility to work in
Cons
Large company
Great place to work at
Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Perth WA31 March 2016
Very good place and company to work for, Enthusiastic and friendly atmosphere and people, great co-workers, very good benefits and pay top of market, really good facilities. However: to many changes on the management in my department in the last few years.
it was a good enviroment and well executed job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  australia27 March 2016
we had tool box talks every morning either taken by myself or other supervisors and everyone attended and we knew what every one was doing that day.
Pros
all food was free
Cons
there was none
offshore work and warehouse duties
coring engineer/technician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 January 2016
Picking a packing tools to be exported internationally.
Assembling tools to be loaded out to rig site. Mechanical skills required with a technical knowledge of various tools and equipment.
Regular use of 5t forklift, 12t Combi Lift and over head crane moving tubulars.

I worked in a small team of specialist and we generally worked independently to get all the work completed in a busy environment.
Once all tools had been loaded out to the rigsite, I would run the tools offshore/onshore.

My rig site role as a Coring Engineer was a important and technical job that required confidence, lots of responsibilities and hard, physical work.
Great team of guys to work with
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island WA27 December 2015
Constantly reviewing procedures to adapt and meet the Clients requirements. Ensuring all the systems are in place, and reminding everyone to maintain focus on the task at hand.

Constantly adapting coaching methods to meet individuals needs, and diverse cultural backgrounds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K