Baker Hughes Incorporated Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 4,853 reviews
Great people to work with
Project Engineer - Gorgon Upstream (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 March 2017
Hours are long some days, but great people to work with overall. Plenty of benefits, both incentive wise and non-incentive too.
It is an oil and gas company. We are dealing with Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul of drilling tools.
Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul Tech General (Former Employee) –  Bibra Lake WA13 November 2016
It is an oil and gas industry. A globally recognized company. Dealing with Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul of drilling tools.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Unstable market in Australia
Great place to work at
Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Perth WA31 March 2016
Very good place and company to work for, Enthusiastic and friendly atmosphere and people, great co-workers, very good benefits and pay top of market, really good facilities. However: to many changes on the management in my department in the last few years.
Productive & fun working with them
ET Specialist (Former Employee) –  W.A.3 June 2015
Had policy not to work more than 10 Hrs.
Learned a lot in my field
Management was ok
had to tackle with management & co workers
was in depended
Pros
Free
Cons
great bunch of guys to work with
Wireline Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  moomba23 March 2015
long days, enjoyable work, good team environment, happy to have been apart of it for so long, real sence of team among the operatores
EHS Advisor
Environment Health & Safety Advisor (EHS) DIDO (Former Employee) –  Surat Basin Queensland4 October 2014
Don Green - Covering letter.

 I have in excess of 10 years WHS Advisor/WHS Management-Rahab.Corr/WHS Trainer/Auditor experience in the Private and Public Sector; I possess –
Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health & Safety

Advanced level of crisis OHS management processes;
OHS lead auditor;
Audits/organisation’s OHS safety performance and evaluation. Advanced assessment, of OHS risk and, implementing strategies to control OHS risk.
Advanced ergonomic and hygiene principles to control OHS risk.

Advanced Diploma of Gov.Workplace Inspection

Management of statutory investigations and;
Management and enforcement of legislative requirements under Occupational Health and Safety;
Management of Workers Compensation insurance;
Supervise and coordinate Injury Management;
Management of Workplace Industrial relations legislation.

 Diploma of Quality Auditing
 Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
 Diploma of Bus. Frontline Management
 Diploma of Management
 Diploma of Gov. Investigation

Over the last three years, I have been working in an Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental capacity in the;
• Oil & Gas industry;
• Mining, Rail/Road, & Manufacturing/Transport-Logistics industries;
• Road & Rail Civil Construction & Commercial Construction industries and;

• Recently, I was contracted as the EHS Advisor with GE Oil and Gas (DIDO) roster servicing Queensland's on shore CSG well installation sites and, the manufacturing/Logistics and subsequent Transport of heavy product to site.

• Previously, contracted
  more... as the HSE Advisor to the Civil & Commercial Construction Mine, Rail/Road & Port duplication multibillion dollar Project in the Pilbara Region of North West Australia on a FIFO Roster. This particular HSE service I provided was for the Site Construction, Installation & Commissioning of Signaling & Communications infrastructure in relation to the mainline Rail/Road upgrade (350 km of rail from mine site – port) for RioTinto.
• My major achieves during this time are as follow;

Implement monitor and maintain project/site HSE requirements such as;
 Prepare/ draft, implement and monitor Site Safety and Environmental Management Plans;
 Prepare/draft, coordinate emergency evacuation procedures and implement drills;
 Conduct worksite/workplace inspections/internal audits and prepare reports;
 Conduct project/site inductions, verify and document all on site personnel have the appropriate induction training , competency and licenses;
 Verify and maintain maintenance records of plant and equipment;
 Assist managers, supervisors, employees to conduct and document HSE hazard identification and risk assessment/control measures for all work activities;
 Consult and engage employees through toolbox and safety meetings;
 Ensure that hazardous substances are correctly identified at each work site and maintain safety data sheets (SDS).
 Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported and recorded in accordance with company and legislative requirements;
 Participate and or conduct HSE investigations as required;
 Perform return to work coordination as required;
 Actively participate and conduct HSE meetings;
 Site specific hazards and control measures are documented, monitored and reviewed through site hazard register;
 Maintain a central register of accidents, incidents, injuries, hazards and statistics;

 Previously I was appointment on Secondment for four years as the WHS Manager with SkillsTech Australia (Qld. TAFE) I brought them into legislative compliance in relation the WHS Act and associated regulations standards and codes of practice, AS/NZS4801 etc. I drafted for adoption the following crucial Documents, which includes strategies, policies and procedures necessary to systematically manage WHS and, its evaluation to ensure that the workplace is as far as practicable, safe and without risk to the health of employees and others. SkillsTech Australia at Acacia Ridge in Brisbane was at the time until completion, an operational civil & commercial construction site.
I drafted for adoption Risk Management and Construction Site Safety Plans; Work Method Statements- Job Safety Analysis, and associated training.
I ensured Contractor Construction Site Safety Plans and safe systems of work are monitored at all times to ensure legislative compliance.
I developed Construction Traffic Management Plans and associated Rick Management Plans for all construction/and or industrial activities for the site.
I performed Fire Safety Advisory duties as well as developing Fire Safety Management Plans for each STA site in the metropolitan area and deliver all associated emergency response and Warden Training.

Also at Queensland TAFE part of my duty requirements were to research, devise and participate in state-wide strategy and policy implementation and assessment strategy (Audits and Inspections) for the systematic identification and evaluation of complex WHS issues, and changing and adapting methodologies. Also document and maintain records and registers in relation to audits and reports.

When I commenced duty at TAFE I quickly realised that this new venture had no measuring or monitoring frameworks in place to record accident and incidents information in the workplace. I immediately directed and advised my staff in relation in having all this information electronically recorded and filed for review purposes and trend identification.
This collated information in the form of electronically recorded statistics assisted the WHS Committee perform analysis and, identify trends which allowed appropriate controls to be put into place.
I completed a final draft procedure/risk analysis and policy in connection the relocation and re-commissioning of plant and machinery for TAFE at eight (8) campuses within the metropolitan area. I reviewed and introduced procedures which included actions to address WHS implications of plant and equipment purchase.
I was constantly delivering technical advice to staff in the form of lunchbox training sessions, field and or classroom lectures, in connection with WHS and Rehabilitation.
After working in the public and private sector with a number of organisations I have acquired the knowledge in connection with Equity and Diversity such as (Anti-discriminations,Harassment, equal opportunity, anti-racism etc).
I have an excellent understanding of the principles of Health and Safety, such as WHS Policy, Planning, Implementation, Measurement and Evaluation and finally Management and Review.
 I was prior to secondment a Regional Investigator/WHS Advisor with the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines;
• I was required to assist and advise the Departments Mines Inspectorate with their accident investigations and, assist with site inspections/interviews and, the general conduct of all serious accident investigations. I made subsequent recommendations to the Departments of Mines inspectorate in connection with my investigations and, subsequent WHS/HSE management process and systems audit outcomes.

I may be reached for further information and clarification, or to arrange an interview time on my mobile

Regards,
Don Green
Maintenance Support (Former Employee) –  Welshpool, WA28 June 2014
Good place to work, good hours, most people were good to work with, diversife work, always changing
Pros
Lots of Overtime