Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 4,804 reviews
Working hard
Senior Field Geologist (Casual) (Current Employee) –  World Wide26 November 2015
I have worked with lots of companies and a wide range of positions from well-site geologist to a factory worker, that gave me the opportunity to gain a valuable experience to deal with clients, customers and staff within totally different work environments and company requirements.

I am confident, motivated, able to manage stress, problem solving skill, manage small or big group, be a good team player and most importantly I am always wanting to learn.

An ideal company would be a company that you never feel like that you are just a number so to avoid that the best policy would be good communication within staff

Best part of work always was and will be when everyone going home on the same conditions they were come to work.n all level.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long rosters
Satisfactory work environment working in PNG
PNG Coordinator, for Cementing and Tools (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 November 2015
A very challenging work environment which is very satisfactory when you have completed a four week roster, I found all the people a pleasure to work with during my time at work, and enjoy the Oil field life a pleasure to be involved with.
Pros
A company T&E card for all travel expences
Cons
Not a lot of back up from upper managment
A pleasant place to work
Assembler and Test Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wingfield SA25 October 2015
Requiring a level of dedication to detail & data recording above all others.
A safety based culture that at times made for an interesting work life, when time became a factor with some jobs.
Pros
Excellent services, tool supplied
Cons
Heavy on the Bureaucracy.
Good company , Nice to work
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gladstone ,Australia28 September 2015
Working culture, Career , will be excellent in this company , employees given equal opportunity , Ethical values are good, they will do business in a compliant way
goog
Well Service & Intervention Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA19 September 2015
Demonstrates strong leadership skills in a multi – cultural environment, with commitment to all aspects relating to Health, Safety and the Environment.
A truly life experiance job and good life
OPERATIONS CONSULTANT CHIEF MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  AUSTRALIA/SINGAPORE NEW ZEALAND15 July 2015
Teaching trouble shooting/self esteem/managment
Good /mixing with people of different back grounds
Nature/being on call 24 hrs a day for 28 days or back to back runs late or sick
Having every thing run smoothly and no down time
Keep customers happy
Pros
Self esteem
Cons
Nil
Professional Management
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA10 July 2015
Fun work place, good team work, supportive and professional management. Really wish to join again with this company in the future
Enjoyable to work for. Great bunch of guys
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Moomba, SA20 June 2015
My position was made redundant due to the downturn in the Oil & Gas Industry. The work is physical and interesting. I would work for them again.
Challenging workplace.
Senior engineer responsible for wireline logging (Former Employee) –  Bibra Lake11 June 2015
Field staff at BHI wireline were a good bunch of guys. There was a need for clearer direction from management. The most satisfying part of this job was getting to a wellsite and taking charge of the job. However, there was also reams of paperwork associated with this.
Productive & fun working with them
ET Specialist (Former Employee) –  W.A.3 June 2015
Had policy not to work more than 10 Hrs.
Learned a lot in my field
Management was ok
had to tackle with management & co workers
was in depended
Pros
Free
Cons
Productive and fun work place with nice gym to work out.
Field Supervisor I LWD (Current Employee) –  Hughes, ACT30 April 2015
I worked as a Field Engineer and typical day at work is busy. I learned how to run various logging tools efficiently.Management supportive to an extent. My co-workers are hardworking and we work as a team. Hardest part of the job is making up logging tools on the rigfloor, while enjoyable part is when you have your tools in hole and everything is working perfectly.
family people
Assembler Fitter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane19 April 2015
everyone is like family when working together
there help out with things when your not able to finish of what the task is
i got along with everyone and anyone
great bunch of guys to work with
Wireline Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  moomba23 March 2015
long days, enjoyable work, good team environment, happy to have been apart of it for so long, real sence of team among the operatores
Fly in - Fly out is tough
Health, Safety & Environment Specialist/GEMT (Former Employee) –  Moomba & Adelaide, SA11 March 2015
While working in the Australian Outback most days began well before sunrise and could finish well after the sun went down. The days were varied as the nature of the work would quickly change depending on activities in The Cooper Basin. I learnt that The Outback is an extremely large area where it is easy to become disorientated if you are not given the right training. Managers at the coalface had an extremely hard job to balance the internal and external requirements but did the best they could under the circumstances. We worked very well as a team to keep our field personnel's equipment in the peak of performance and make sure when there were any issues they were dealt with in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was being away from my family for extended periods, some long days and the difficulty in getting parts quickly to a remote area. The up side was the camaraderie, resilience and ingenuity among the workforce,
Pros
Camaraderie and time off.
Cons
Time away from family.
Great
Employee (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA2 March 2015
Good People who work hard and do the best they can with what they have. I learnt a lot to take with me onto my next job. Brilliant opportunity.
Global oilfield service company.
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, SCT26 January 2015
A great company with opportunities to work globally. Very well regarded by oil companies and the staff are amongst the best in the world. Good graduate intake program with training provided at overseas locations.
Senior management (MD and Sales Director) are typically assigned to a country for 2-3 years as part of their career development which means that the management style can change dramatically every few years.
Pros
Very interested and rewarding.
Cons
Long hours when required to meet tender deadlines.
Working for Baker Hughes is all enjoyable and fun as long as you know your job
Senior Mud Logger (Former Employee) –  Port Moresby25 November 2014
A typical day at work with a sample catcher on site is: describing every cuttings sample on the tray, register the description into the log sheet, enter percentages of the lithologies, update the Geo, update the Formation Evaluation Log (FEL), check surveys and enter into the Log, check palynology data and enter into log, get drill data every 50m interaval from Data interpreter and enter into log, check for gas peaks and their cinematographic break down, update the Daily Mud logging Report (DMR), check for cavings and update the cavings register and report to the wellsite geologist, pack dried samples into split samples, samplex sample and bulk samples, watch for any abnormal changes in pump pressure, casing pressure, mud volumes and tell the DE or if he is not inside the unit, call the driller immediately, If the DE is not inside the unit, answer calls from the intercom and act accordingly. Finally write a stop card daily. The rate at which I work is determined by drilling rate (ROP) and pump rate. If the pump rate and drill rates increases, my adrenaline level rises and I use to work faster and still obtain the best & quality output.

I learnt to think fast, work smart and work faster. Doing many things all within a short span of time..

Baker Hughes management in general is good. However, with the winding down of the mud logging contracts coming close to end, I see that there's is no plan for me, meaning I will not have a job. Could be because, I come under a consultant and Baker doesn't deal with me directly. The mud logging unit is well managed by unit managers, consumables
  more... are stock taken per month, the soft ware system is not so complex.. Baker pays mud loggers very well and that's one thing so unique about Baker.

The hardest part of the job is, to work in the night shift to finalize all the reports and submit by 3am while at the same time I have to collect 3m interval samples myself and log while the drilling rate and the pump rates a so high. While I was speeding up and down the shakers, describing samples, logging, updating reports & logs, the gas trap needed to be repositioned, had to change a pit sensor and the company man asked for metal shavings on the ditch magnet. Knowing at the back of my mind that I was going to submit all the reports by 3am. This is the time I wish my body system change into a robot or just quit and walk off the job.

The most enjoyable part of the the job is logging Darai Limestone Formation in my country (Papua New Guinea), during a dry season with virtually no samples on surface to describe and log. I was entering in Geo as 'Loss circulation & no sample'. I did updated the DMR and other drilling parameters onto the log but I was so relaxed my whole 28 days in the field. That was fun and very enjoyable and I will not forget.
Pros
3 meals a day a given free. While on tour, coffee, tea, milo, snacks etc are always on the shelves.
Cons
Every personal is to work a maximum of 12 hours. If worked more than 12 hours, than it becomes a safety issue.
EHS Advisor
Environment Health & Safety Advisor (EHS) DIDO (Former Employee) –  Surat Basin Queensland4 October 2014
Don Green - Covering letter.

 I have in excess of 10 years WHS Advisor/WHS Management-Rahab.Corr/WHS Trainer/Auditor experience in the Private and Public Sector; I possess –
Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health & Safety

Advanced level of crisis OHS management processes;
OHS lead auditor;
Audits/organisation’s OHS safety performance and evaluation. Advanced assessment, of OHS risk and, implementing strategies to control OHS risk.
Advanced ergonomic and hygiene principles to control OHS risk.

Advanced Diploma of Gov.Workplace Inspection

Management of statutory investigations and;
Management and enforcement of legislative requirements under Occupational Health and Safety;
Management of Workers Compensation insurance;
Supervise and coordinate Injury Management;
Management of Workplace Industrial relations legislation.

 Diploma of Quality Auditing
 Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
 Diploma of Bus. Frontline Management
 Diploma of Management
 Diploma of Gov. Investigation

Over the last three years, I have been working in an Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental capacity in the;
• Oil & Gas industry;
• Mining, Rail/Road, & Manufacturing/Transport-Logistics industries;
• Road & Rail Civil Construction & Commercial Construction industries and;

• Recently, I was contracted as the EHS Advisor with GE Oil and Gas (DIDO) roster servicing Queensland's on shore CSG well installation sites and, the manufacturing/Logistics and subsequent Transport of heavy product to site.

• Previously, contracted
  more... as the HSE Advisor to the Civil & Commercial Construction Mine, Rail/Road & Port duplication multibillion dollar Project in the Pilbara Region of North West Australia on a FIFO Roster. This particular HSE service I provided was for the Site Construction, Installation & Commissioning of Signaling & Communications infrastructure in relation to the mainline Rail/Road upgrade (350 km of rail from mine site – port) for RioTinto.
• My major achieves during this time are as follow;

Implement monitor and maintain project/site HSE requirements such as;
 Prepare/ draft, implement and monitor Site Safety and Environmental Management Plans;
 Prepare/draft, coordinate emergency evacuation procedures and implement drills;
 Conduct worksite/workplace inspections/internal audits and prepare reports;
 Conduct project/site inductions, verify and document all on site personnel have the appropriate induction training , competency and licenses;
 Verify and maintain maintenance records of plant and equipment;
 Assist managers, supervisors, employees to conduct and document HSE hazard identification and risk assessment/control measures for all work activities;
 Consult and engage employees through toolbox and safety meetings;
 Ensure that hazardous substances are correctly identified at each work site and maintain safety data sheets (SDS).
 Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported and recorded in accordance with company and legislative requirements;
 Participate and or conduct HSE investigations as required;
 Perform return to work coordination as required;
 Actively participate and conduct HSE meetings;
 Site specific hazards and control measures are documented, monitored and reviewed through site hazard register;
 Maintain a central register of accidents, incidents, injuries, hazards and statistics;

 Previously I was appointment on Secondment for four years as the WHS Manager with SkillsTech Australia (Qld. TAFE) I brought them into legislative compliance in relation the WHS Act and associated regulations standards and codes of practice, AS/NZS4801 etc. I drafted for adoption the following crucial Documents, which includes strategies, policies and procedures necessary to systematically manage WHS and, its evaluation to ensure that the workplace is as far as practicable, safe and without risk to the health of employees and others. SkillsTech Australia at Acacia Ridge in Brisbane was at the time until completion, an operational civil & commercial construction site.
I drafted for adoption Risk Management and Construction Site Safety Plans; Work Method Statements- Job Safety Analysis, and associated training.
I ensured Contractor Construction Site Safety Plans and safe systems of work are monitored at all times to ensure legislative compliance.
I developed Construction Traffic Management Plans and associated Rick Management Plans for all construction/and or industrial activities for the site.
I performed Fire Safety Advisory duties as well as developing Fire Safety Management Plans for each STA site in the metropolitan area and deliver all associated emergency response and Warden Training.

Also at Queensland TAFE part of my duty requirements were to research, devise and participate in state-wide strategy and policy implementation and assessment strategy (Audits and Inspections) for the systematic identification and evaluation of complex WHS issues, and changing and adapting methodologies. Also document and maintain records and registers in relation to audits and reports.

When I commenced duty at TAFE I quickly realised that this new venture had no measuring or monitoring frameworks in place to record accident and incidents information in the workplace. I immediately directed and advised my staff in relation in having all this information electronically recorded and filed for review purposes and trend identification.
This collated information in the form of electronically recorded statistics assisted the WHS Committee perform analysis and, identify trends which allowed appropriate controls to be put into place.
I completed a final draft procedure/risk analysis and policy in connection the relocation and re-commissioning of plant and machinery for TAFE at eight (8) campuses within the metropolitan area. I reviewed and introduced procedures which included actions to address WHS implications of plant and equipment purchase.
I was constantly delivering technical advice to staff in the form of lunchbox training sessions, field and or classroom lectures, in connection with WHS and Rehabilitation.
After working in the public and private sector with a number of organisations I have acquired the knowledge in connection with Equity and Diversity such as (Anti-discriminations,Harassment, equal opportunity, anti-racism etc).
I have an excellent understanding of the principles of Health and Safety, such as WHS Policy, Planning, Implementation, Measurement and Evaluation and finally Management and Review.
 I was prior to secondment a Regional Investigator/WHS Advisor with the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines;
• I was required to assist and advise the Departments Mines Inspectorate with their accident investigations and, assist with site inspections/interviews and, the general conduct of all serious accident investigations. I made subsequent recommendations to the Departments of Mines inspectorate in connection with my investigations and, subsequent WHS/HSE management process and systems audit outcomes.

I may be reached for further information and clarification, or to arrange an interview time on my mobile

Regards,
Don Green
Maintenance Support (Former Employee) –  Welshpool, WA28 June 2014
Good place to work, good hours, most people were good to work with, diversife work, always changing
Pros
Lots of Overtime
ok
Oilfield Consultant (Current Employee) –  Various24 June 2014
enjoyed my time with BJ Services .... continued with Baker Hughes when they bought out BJ Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K