Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Diverse workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW19 June 2019
Honestly, this was my first actual place of employment and I thought it was great. It was until I realised how poorly the workers were being treated. We were overworked and underpaid. I will always miss the free bread though ://
Terrible management
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Pennant Hills NSW6 June 2019
The manager at Bakers Delight WPH was unorganised and not professional. He would ring or text you on the day he needed you to work and didn't have a set roster. I worked there for around 5 months and never got my name badge, employees login or put onto the roster.
Pros
Easy job, good for school aged
Cons
Terrible management
Good workplace fast paced
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kyneton VIC2 June 2019
Bakers delight was a great workplace with professional management,
good for really fast paced workers would recommend this to anyone for a first job for a apprenticeship
Pros
Good communication
Cons
lack of team work
worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 June 2019
i worked with bakers delight for 3 years (was waiting for something better to come along) and my pay was always being docked for no reason, rosters were never out on time and the head office and managers never answered calls or texts or emails and you could fine a better personality in a brick wall than some of the employees. the only good thing about the job was the free treats.
Pros
free bread
Cons
everything other than free bread
Great place to work but not forever.
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 May 2019
I worked at Bakers Delight for almost 4 years. I remember it fondly, the bad parts for me were mainly the rude customers and working with lazy and incompetent people. I believe the pay is great if you're front of house staff as you also get penalty rates on weekends. There is always something to do when working, whether it's cleaning, merchandising, slicing bread, etc. so it's not boring. I wouldn't recommend the job if you're lazy, you're on your feet all day and constantly lifting, reaching and squatting.
As a young person I felt there was a lot of career progression for me; I learnt all kinds of skills that are benefiting me now in my later jobs such as banking, people skills, ordering and stock take, I also trained new staff and acted as a "Manager" (that term is put very loosely) for the front of house and worked closely with my boss. The job can be morally challenging at the end of day and you can get some really horrible customers. I do feel that as an adult there isn't much career progression as it is easier and cheaper to teach younger people.
Overall Bakers Delight is a fantastic place for a job in my opinion, I learnt alot, had great pay and was able to develop an important position within the bakery I worked at.
Pros
Pay, can take some product home, meet lots of different people
Cons
Can be long hours, physically tolling, can have rude people
Senior staff member
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plumpton NSW29 May 2019
Would work most of night shifts, organise stock ,clean the shop ,was a trainee manager, take phone calls orders on the phone ,always dealing with customers which anyway they needed ,was polite and very helpful
Avoid unless you want to be screwed around
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 May 2019
I am baffled by the high-ish score of the reviews of this place. Worked there four and half years and experienced nothing but frustration. The only good things about the job were the people I worked with and the customers. Good luck though if you expect to be paid minimum wage / laundry, want to have good communication between yourself and your employer, and the upkeep of minimal occupational health and safety requirements.
Pros
Free bread after shifts, good colleagues
Cons
Not getting paid correctly time and time again, poor organisation of rosters, risks to health
always work to be done
Baker/Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Doreen VIC30 April 2019
There was always something to do in the bakery like preparing or cleaning. I learnt when the dough was ready and what temperature to baker all the goods on. I enjoyed the people i worked with and thought the manager treated us fairly. The hardest part of working at Bakers Delight was the the different hours and how you couldn't have a lot free time for yourself.
Pros
free bread
Cons
low pay
Good working environment
Casual Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 April 2019
People who work there are really friendly, never had an issue with any of them. When I was sick I was expected to find a younger girl to cover my shift and if there was no younger girl I was told that my boss would pay them my salary and I would have to pay them the rest from MY OWN money.
The environment itself was very hot and at times i found it quite hard to breathe.
Great teamwork environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC28 April 2019
Found staff really easy to work with. Some problems with management. Clear instructions given for work required.
I would happily work at bakers delight again.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lacked proper management
Warning all apprentices this is not a apprenticeship worth going for
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee) –  Westfield Kotara nsw27 April 2019
I worked at one of there franchises for 6 weeks and I was verbally bullied and harrased out of work, to the point we're I went mentally incapable to work.

All apprentices watch out.
Pros
Cash
Cons
Bullies, hours, no breaks and toxic work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baulkham Hills NSW13 April 2019
Dealing with all kinds of people.
Great products.
Good training provided.
Employs a variety of people of different ages and cultures
Great incentives and discounts on products
Pros
Product discounts
Great Place to work at and great food
SUPPORT SERVICES TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC1 April 2019
• Manage and support bakery relationships between head office and bakeries
• Monitor support services on staff performance planning and reviews
• Handle customer escalation enquiries
• Manage the end to end life cycles for all corporate and bakery support
• Excellent communications skills
• Provide reports to information services
• Delegate work to staff
Fun to work at, good staff
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT26 March 2019
- I gained heaps of work experience since it was my first job.
- I get to take hope 6-10 dollars worth of food.
- Work is really easy
- Interacting with new people makes work better
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not many hours
Fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW26 March 2019
Learned many skills! the hours always flew by every shift i worked and it atmosphere of my workplace was also great and energetic. Also a lovely managing staff!
general assistant
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 March 2019
great friendly place to work. great first job to have and pays well. easy job to have and fun workers. typical day includes money handling and customer service
A roller coaster ride
SALES ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC14 March 2019
Like any job it had it’s ups and downs. But these ups and downs were extreme. You were tread as someone who could be replaced at the drop of a hat. If you weren’t a favourite there was no chance of an opportunity for any career development
Becoming a baker at Baker's Delight is like becoming a chef and working at McDonalds.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, Craigieburn, Plenty Valley.7 March 2019
Wasted 10 years working for Baker's Delight. Was lucky to work for some great franchisees and got paid above award rate, but still wasn't enough. For nightshift and the fact that you're qualified, you're nothing but cheap labour.
Baker's have to constantly serve customers and will be given the usual bulls..t excuse, that's what the customers like and they're the ones paying your salary, when it's just the franchisees saving money by not hiring more sales staff.
If considering Baker's Delight for a career, seriously re-evaluate. Study pattiserie or go independent and become a real baker.
Pros
Meet some great co workers and franchisees.
Cons
Everything else.
Great workplace, but highly dependant on coworkers
Apprentice baker (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC3 March 2019
I was lucky enough to have some fantastic guys working with me, but if you don't get along well with the others at the bakery the job will suck. Hours are hard but you get used to it easily enough, and I can't stress how big a perk hot fresh bread out of the oven is. I
Pros
free bread
Cons
night hour offset you from others.
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 February 2019
Bakers Delight provides an enjoyable experience. Cleaning of the floor area must be done quickly and service may at times become slightly overwhelming.
Pros
free bread