Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here . The staff were amazing and I loved connecting with customers to ensure they were happy with their product . I was surrounded by role model’s and was given all training required to complete my role within the first week.
Pros
Great staff, free food
Cons
The environment of working at Bakers Delight was great. Working one-on-one with others was a great way to make connections and friends within the workplace. The environment is relaxed unless it is a peak-hour time, such as midday on a weekend. It can get a bit stressful as it takes generally longer to get through customers while trying to slice bread as well. The hours are flexible as we had a sheet we could cross our days off with. The pay was terrible. It was flat-rate (including public holidays) for under $13/hr. If you had full availability, if you were a "valuable" worker you would get decent shifts, if not... too bad. Management was okay, head office check in monthly for promotional training, but that's pretty much it. It was a very easy first job, but I would not recommend working there if you need a salary to live off...
Pros
Free bread after closing hours
Cons
Terrible flat-rate pay
The actual job is really simple and straightforward, and as said the other coworkers are really lovely and fun to be around. HOWEVER; pay is TERRIBLE, like shouldn't be legal. There are no penalty/weekend rates. You don't get public holiday rates despite being open every day except Christmas day. There is 0 opportunity for any advancement. Boss takes advantage of employees getting them to bank money, deliver things between multiple stores outside of shift times without pay. Shifts are only ever 3-4 hours long. The boss never responds to emails or messages, when I quit they didn't even send an email back in response. You have to pay full price for any bread you want (no free buns or loaves). There are inconsistencies among staff in regards to pay, (one 18 year old would be getting 50cents less then another). The boss puts everyone on part-time contract to avoid paying casual rates. So you DO get holiday leave accrue and sick leave. However the number of hours you're guaranteed is 12hours a month....Just don't even bother applying.
Pros
Holiday leave accrue, friendly coworkers, easy work. Good if you're still in school as the latest you will work is 7:30pm.
Cons
Short shifts, TERRIBLE pay, no penalty rates, no free bread, pay inconsistencies, terrible management, so much is wrong with the store.
It is a really easy job and easy to learn how everything works. If you work a closing shift you get to take whatever you want home from what’s left. The worst part was my manager, they would constantly watch me on the cameras for the entire time i was working, and i would get up to 15 calls a day from my manager telling me to fix something (very minor things) and i ended up getting really paranoid whenever i was at work. It was like i couldn’t do anything right, but i know i was good at my job. Management also plays favourites a lot
Pros
Free food
Cons
Caused a lot of stress, most of the workers were nice. One was very harsh and caused me a lot of emotion distress. Management listened and was considerate. Did receive many large burns that have since left me covered in scars.
Pros
Free bakery item
Cons
Early starts, stressful environment, some unfriendly/brutal/rude staff, burns and scars
im younger than most of the workers there and they only give me mid day hours so im the one who does all the cleaning even though i applied for BAKER and got BAKER i havnt baked anything yet and they treat me like im just there to do whatever they want and the job is very unorganised with when i finish a task they expect me to know what to do next without them giving me any context of needs to be done or made. the manager and boss are nice but some of the workers are just rude, im a teen and they call me the kid even though im 1 year younger than the other workers.i find the job boring, bad, and just not a good eviroment for a first job.and they give me 8 - 10 hour shifts. for my first job that im not used to that is way too long.
Pros
sometimes free bread at the end of shifts
Cons
every other thing
The company its self is fine but the bakers delight Brighton management was awful, too over the top, the boss was terrible with communication usually leaves employees without shifts for weeks on end instead of just firing them (because there wasn’t ever any good reason) always hired more people when hardly anyone can get consistent enough shifts anyway.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful environment
My time their was fun and enjoyable, I got to learn a lot while I was there and I wouldn't mind working with the company again. I would recommend it to anyone that is trying to get into baking as they have good on course training.
Pros
You are able to get something to eat from the front while you work
Cons
Early morning shifts from 2am to 11am
Very upset when told didn't need me anymore..I really thought manager was nice to work with. Learnt lots bout customers needs..had nice customers..made me happy
Pros
Got to take home bread sometimes n pizzas.good manager
Cons
Memorising bread
Working for this company literally made my mental heath sooo much worse... Just a nasty dreadful yucky place to work! Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible
The boss put the rosters out late nearly every week, wouldn't let you have shifts off. Boss was extremely rude, but the other girls were very nice and made you feel comfortable.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Boss
Daily baked breads are available in the bakers' delight. They produce their fresh products at the night time and make it ready early in the morning for the consumers' consumption. Not only this, they also give breads to the charity the very next dey which helps in feeding poor people.
Serving customers to their satisfaction. Following the WHS regulations. Doing a daily list of cleaning. Making sure everything is merchandised. Making sure all the ingredients are stocked and rotated in date.
For the first 3 weeks I worked there I was outside of the store and handing out tasters, I wasn’t given a break and would keep handing out taste testers from 4pm-9pm, they weren’t considerate of the fact that I also had school and I was barely even given any shifts. The people that walked past the store would see me standing outside giving out tasters and would take them out of pity, the manager wasn’t even at the store and i wasn’t even given a proper orientation, it was just straight to the taste testers. The worst part of it all is the fact that after a few months of working at the store I was fired because of my age. I was 14 and honestly if they had a problem with my age they shouldn’t have hired me at all. They also discriminated me because of the colour of my skin and made me feel like an outcast. Working here was horrible, please don’t make the same mistake
Cons
Terrible management
A productive, collaborative workplace with a healthy and positive teamwork environment. Bakers Delight encourages all workers to work on their communication skills and their confidence in order to excel in the working environment.
Bakers Delight is a great job to have as a year 10 student. They have flexible hours and lovely employees, however, I found that after a few months of working there as a junior I was only getting around one shift a week and found I wasn't making the amount of income I needed. As I am working a part-time job and that of a younger employee, I would assume the salary I am making is because of my age so, if you are a student looking for a first job, I would highly suggest Bakers Delight.
The managers aren't very organised with rosters and they don't handle their staff properly. Also behind every now and then with pay for a few staff members.
Pros
Free product to take home after shift
Cons
immaturity in the workplace
Quite relaxed work setting. Friendly staff as well as good communication between staff and bosses. Not many hard things to do other than remembering the prices and deals.
Bakers Delight was an okay place to work at. The benefits include being able to take the bread not bought during the day home but the management could be much better.
Good and easy going first job. Good working place to learn about basic customer service skills in a supportive environment. Co-workers are always friendly.
Baker Delight was normally fast paced but was quite slow in the evening. You could always enjoy laughs with the customers and sometimes with the other workers. The bakers were always amazing to talk to.
  1. Employee Reviews