Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Australia520 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

stressful but fun

working at baker's delight is fun but stressful. learning all the combos and deals to upsell was hard especially when I'm in high school. the coworkers are great, they made me feel like i have a 2nd family.

Pros

good experience, nice coworkers and boss

Cons

not enough breaks, little pay, over working, upselling

Fun productive workplace!

Its a great place to work, the work is easy although it can get fast-paced and stressful at busy times but it is an enjoyable job with great staff members.

Pros

Great co-workers Easy Job

Cons

Some customers can be very rude Stressful at times

Gossipy environment and very unwelcoming manager

Simple job with no progression possible. It's a big corporation so they don't care about you. My Bakers Delight wasn't a good environment to work in. Some of my coworkers were very cliché and rude. I was 14 when I worked there and some of the adults working there would be unkind to me and make rude comments to other workers about me (including appearances). It felt like coworkers would constantly be talking behind each other's backs. My boss treated me poorly and didn't show much kindness. I didn't feel welcomed or respected there. Now that I have a new job that is very welcoming, I realise how bad it was at my Bakers Delight job. And now that I'm an adult, I can't imagine treating a 14 year old the way I was treated. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at my Bakers Delight. But the work environment could depend on which Bakers Delight you work at.

Not a great place for growth and family work balance

Not the company to for if you value growth, development and any kind of sanity. They really don't offer any support to their staff beyond the corporate and most franchisees are struggling to make ends meet. As a Baker, don't expect any kind of growth with in the company. The company expects all staff to undertake unpaid training and will push the franchisees to force staff to do it. You'll have to use your own car to travel for training and won't be reimbursed for your time and petrol.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Low wages, expected unpaid training, no HR or head office support for Bakers, franchisees or sales staff, undertained nasty area managers.

wouldnt recommend

Love the co workers but constantly underpaid, management and owners are terrible, made below minimum wage and constantly had to go to fair work. day to day work is easy but closing is a nightmare. staff are never trained well and you are blamed for anything that goes wrong.

No very stressed

Not happy long hours no breaks poor money no overtime pay very easy to get a job here no one wants to bake anymore very hard to find good bakers theas days

Great staff and environment, terrible pay and outdated contract.

Met many amazing staff and the environment was always fun and light hearted (although the store could become extremely busy). Our store had to be investigated by the Fair Work Commission because the pay was so low and contract 10+ years out of date to current standards. Easy hours and work life balance but paid no extra rates on weekends and chronically understaffed.

Boring work place, good pay, bad management, good hours

Its a decent job, with good pay and hours. But management is useless, and there is no connection / community between management and staff. Gross work place, no regulation on who they employee / hire. Decent for a first job, as it is slow paced and only stressful at times. Easy job.

Pros

Good hours, Decent pay, Flexible

Cons

Bad Management, Gross workplace

Needs to work in fast paced

Not everyone cup of tea. Very stressful environment you need to work in face pace and still won't be able to finish on time . 2 am shift and not a good payment compared to others work

Pros

Free food of what you make

Cons

Stressful and tiring

Tough work but worth it. Needs to be managed better.

Bakers delight is great to work at, train you well, good pay and benefits. If managed appropriately and not understaffed, would be 5 star. Great workplace culture. Apprenticeships available.

Great job and environment, shifts go fast

Great job suitable for someone studying to fit in around your commitments. Encouraged to take products home to try so you can make better recommendations to customers. I did hear however that experience is dependent on the franchise owner.

Toxic workplace, stingy bosses, decent pay, inflexible, favouritism

Very well-known business, always busy. Toxic work place environment - inflexible; if you changed shifts you would have 0 to almost no hours the next week. Bosses picky, stingy and toxic. Hierarchical workplace environment. Could only change shifts with someone a year older or younger than you. Could only take 10 dollars worth of bread despite all of it being thrown out at the end of the day. You get fired at 18 because you become too expensive.

Pros

- Free food on breaks - Adequate retail pay

Cons

- Toxic workplace environment - Inflexible - Horrible bosses

Lovely coworkers, poor management

The tasks were easy to do overall as a sales member and there is plenty of time to talk to coworkers when it’s slow. On the other side management doesn’t ask for your availability and gives you random shifts with little notice, are overall unresponsive when asking for help or feedback and they tend to pick favourites and fire people by slowly taking someone off the roster and then not sending them emails.

Pros

Bring food home, nice coworkers, easy tasks

Cons

Bad pay, management

It was ok

There were easy tasks, the management was average. Got to take home bread and the days went by pretty swiftly. The hours weren't super long, typically 3-4 hours long.

Pros

got to take home bread

Cons

poor pay

Stressful workplace

Bakers Delight Brighton is a very over the top stressful environment which I personally did not enjoy. The boss was very bad with communication and not very helpful. One particular worker talked badly about other co-workers around the store and even customers after they had left! The boss will leave you without any shifts for weeks, instead of just firing you. The work place was very tense and unenjoyable.

Pros

Free bread

Cons

Stressfull

Good place to start

I found this job a good place to begin work, but it had very little room to advance or grow. There are often poor managers that make the life of junior staff much harder.

Cons

Poor pay

Fun Place to work and create skills to help in the future

Moving from out of the area to start a new job was scary at first but the team at Berowra made me feel at home. I would start between 7 am and 10 am and would do a 7-9 hour day it was great fun while I worked out where I wanted my future would be. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked will and the customers I grew to love.

Pros

Free bakery items

Cons

Encouraged me to Study

Very little hours

I went from 10 hours and working weekends, to working 1 two hour shift a week, the environment was slightly toxic and there was a fair amount of work place gossip

Pros

Free food

Horrible pay but fun environment

For such a large company I don't know how they get away with paying so little, and my store was one of the better paying stores! Tasks aren't too difficult but very easy to get many little invisible cuts on your hands every shift. Manager did not care about staff and played favourites. Pretty fun during a rush and lots of opportunity to have chats with your workmates when it calms down. The uniform is so ugly and the new one isn't much of an improvement. Best part is taking home anything you want on a close!

Pros

Free food, nice people

Cons

Bad pay, uniform, management

good workplace, kind co-workers

while the work can be considered boring and repetitive, especially the cleaning (which younger staff generally do more of compared to older staff), there is generally always something to do if you want to pass the time. whether you enjoy the job is very dependent on your specific manager and whether they comply with legal obligations and are understanding, but the job itself is easy (but fast-paced). pay is good if the manager follows the wage they are meant to, and free food is a huge bonus. co-workers are lovely. customers can be nit-picky and rude which can get frustrating, but there are lovely ones too

Pros

free food

Cons

inconsistent treatment of workers across different franchises

Great work, bad management

Work was decent yet the managers are horrible. Didn’t let me swap shifts. Paid me Saturday rates on a public holiday. Least i’ve ever been paid in a job. Treated me unfairly. Didn’t pay overtime at all. Only met my boss twice in the 7 months i worked there. I got 6 hours in a month on part time rates. Rosters often came out quite late. Minimum of 6 hours to get a break (unpaid).

Pros

Free bread, Nice customers, Friendly co-workers, Relaxed environment

Cons

Lots of cleaning, Bad pay, No breaks, Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bakers Delight