Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Australia491 reviews
My time their was fun and enjoyable, I got to learn a lot while I was there and I wouldn't mind working with the company again. I would recommend it to anyone that is trying to get into baking as they have good on course training.
Pros
You are able to get something to eat from the front while you work
Cons
Early morning shifts from 2am to 11am
Very upset when told didn't need me anymore..I really thought manager was nice to work with.
Learnt lots bout customers needs..had nice customers..made me happy
Pros
Got to take home bread sometimes n pizzas.good manager
Cons
Memorising bread
Working for this company literally made my mental heath sooo much worse...
Just a nasty dreadful yucky place to work!

Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible

Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible
The boss put the rosters out late nearly every week, wouldn't let you have shifts off. Boss was extremely rude, but the other girls were very nice and made you feel comfortable.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Boss
Daily baked breads are available in the bakers' delight. They produce their fresh products at the night time and make it ready early in the morning for the consumers' consumption. Not only this, they also give breads to the charity the very next dey which helps in feeding poor people.
Serving customers to their satisfaction. Following the WHS regulations. Doing a daily list of cleaning. Making sure everything is merchandised. Making sure all the ingredients are stocked and rotated in date.
For the first 3 weeks I worked there I was outside of the store and handing out tasters, I wasn’t given a break and would keep handing out taste testers from 4pm-9pm, they weren’t considerate of the fact that I also had school and I was barely even given any shifts. The people that walked past the store would see me standing outside giving out tasters and would take them out of pity, the manager wasn’t even at the store and i wasn’t even given a proper orientation, it was just straight to the taste testers. The worst part of it all is the fact that after a few months of working at the store I was fired because of my age. I was 14 and honestly if they had a problem with my age they shouldn’t have hired me at all. They also discriminated me because of the colour of my skin and made me feel like an outcast. Working here was horrible, please don’t make the same mistake
Cons
Terrible management
A productive, collaborative workplace with a healthy and positive teamwork environment. Bakers Delight encourages all workers to work on their communication skills and their confidence in order to excel in the working environment.
Bakers Delight is a great job to have as a year 10 student. They have flexible hours and lovely employees, however, I found that after a few months of working there as a junior I was only getting around one shift a week and found I wasn't making the amount of income I needed. As I am working a part-time job and that of a younger employee, I would assume the salary I am making is because of my age so, if you are a student looking for a first job, I would highly suggest Bakers Delight.
The managers aren't very organised with rosters and they don't handle their staff properly. Also behind every now and then with pay for a few staff members.
Pros
Free product to take home after shift
Cons
immaturity in the workplace
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bakers Delight?
Quite relaxed work setting. Friendly staff as well as good communication between staff and bosses. Not many hard things to do other than remembering the prices and deals.
Bakers Delight was an okay place to work at. The benefits include being able to take the bread not bought during the day home but the management could be much better.
Good and easy going first job. Good working place to learn about basic customer service skills in a supportive environment. Co-workers are always friendly.
Baker Delight was normally fast paced but was quite slow in the evening. You could always enjoy laughs with the customers and sometimes with the other workers. The bakers were always amazing to talk to.
good place to first work, and great coworkers. the pay is not good when your'e starting out in high school, told it gets better. management doesn't really care about their workers. you get free bread which is always a bonus. lots of cleaning and mopping when you are not serving customers.
It is a great job for juniors after school willing to work in a friendly environment and be granted with great training and support the hours are also perfect for high school students as they close at 6;30 the latest meaning they wont be out to late. It has been a great pleasure working for this company
it was honestly one of greatest experience ever. i would totally recommend this to all my friends so that they too can gain new skills from bakers delight.
Being casual you can have weeks without being rostered on. They mass hired a bunch of school kids so hours were not divided equally. There was a lot of favouritism. The worst part about the job was when you had to take a plate of food testers around the front of the store. You couldn't come back until the plate was empty which would sometimes take ages. The job itself was easy and would have been a lot more enjoyable if the management wasn't so poor.
learn different things and enjoyed making foods and working from 4am to 8am from friday morning to sunday night workers are really nice and kick back as
Interacting with customers was my favorite part about working at Bakers Delight as well as providing quality products for customers enjoyment. I also enjoyed having a systematic approach to my work style. As a first job, it satisfied my needs.
I had a great time working there but was not put onto the roster for several weeks due to manager hiring more staff. Shame I had to quit but did not want to be treated with that kind of disrespect.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.