Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews in Perth WA

3.6Work–Life Balance

Okay workplace

Bakers Delight was an okay place to work at. The benefits include being able to take the bread not bought during the day home but the management could be much better.

Good first job

Good and easy going first job. Good working place to learn about basic customer service skills in a supportive environment. Co-workers are always friendly.

it awesome working there cause i met some different people from different bactgrounds.

it was honestly one of greatest experience ever. i would totally recommend this to all my friends so that they too can gain new skills from bakers delight.

Casual employment

Overall decent work environment. Friendly fellow staff members. Decent shift length however lack of breaks. Good job for younger staff, bit harder to get shifts as you get older.

Fun workplace

I loved to in Bakery Delight , I had the best time ever. I used to talking with a lot of people, with different Nationality. The owner of business have a great attitude .

Fast paced invironment

most of the work are done early in the morning and quite educational, this also gives the appreciation to the bakes job. this also open up the idea of grave yard shift or night shift could be an option for me.

Good working environment

People who work there are really friendly, never had an issue with any of them. When I was sick I was expected to find a younger girl to cover my shift and if there was no younger girl I was told that my boss would pay them my salary and I would have to pay them the rest from MY OWN money. The environment itself was very hot and at times i found it quite hard to breathe.

Okay workplace

Bakers Delight Currambine is an okay workplace I guess, the boss and manager were rude, condescending and unwelcoming the whole time. They are reluctant to allow you to swap shifts with another worker and depending on how long you have worked there will depend on how you're treated. The people working however were helpful and kind.

Pros

get to take around $7 worth of food home every night

Cons

rude and welcoming boss and manager

general assistant

great friendly place to work. great first job to have and pays well. easy job to have and fun workers. typical day includes money handling and customer service

Productive and welcoming workplace.

Bakers Delight provides an enjoyable experience. Cleaning of the floor area must be done quickly and service may at times become slightly overwhelming.

Pros

free bread

Fun workplace

It's so nice to work in Baker's Delight. I had a lot of fun working in here. It's just the salary that not enough for my necessities. I learned a lot from my colleagues and from the company.

Pros

Free breads

boring

given roles in which a senior gets to stand around and do nothing whilst a junior has to do all the cleaning, very draining and not rewarding, but not the worst job.

Pros

free food at the end of day

Cons

lots of cleaning

Every one their was friendly and great working

I hard to live that time coz I was having my Bby pregnancy with him I couldn’t work and continue the job any more that’s only why I have to live is couldn’t work with how my pregnancy grownup

Pros

Yeah free bread to take home too

Cons

Enough time not much

Easy going job with little stress

The job is relatively easy going and is great for developing interpersonal skills and relationships with customers. However, if the bakery is not busy, it can get a bit boring. The salary for anything other than casual is less than ideal.

Pros

Free food when closing

Cons

Low pay, can be boring

Fun and enjoyable

The people are great and it is a fun job. However, the pay isn't great and it really depends on your shop for how many shifts you get a week. The food is yum and the job is pretty laid back.

Great learning experience, relaxed working environment

Working at Bakers Delight has been and amazing learning experience, very low stress, enjoyable work with great management at the store I worked in. flexible working hours, easy to get shifts covered, reasonable pay.

Pros

low stress, fun environment, friendly staff

Cons

not enough shifts!

bakers are great to work with

getting orders done , putting money in the till , getting the shop set up , serving customers all mornings are virtually the same , i get on well with all the staff .

Good workplace environment, nice people, serving food

Had to serve customers. Baked fresh everyday, answer calls, clean the break racks and the food shelves, do dishes, close store, was a good place with nice trusting people. .

Fun Environment, very social with customers

I enjoyed my time working at Bakers Delight, a typical day at work involved restocking of shelves, cleaning and cashier work.

Pros

Free Bread

Cons

Lots of cleaning

Poor pay rates, understaffed, poor training.

The staff members were poorly trained, pay rates were ridiculously under rated for the amount of hours worked. Poor training and no advancements in my apprenticeship were pursued.

Free bread and great people

I worked with some great people during my time at Baker's. At the bakery I was at, they allowed us to take as much home of whatever was left at the end of the day as we wanted which was awesome (didn't buy a single loaf of bread for two years straight!). However, my boss was underpaying me and the uniforms were absolutely horrendous. In terms of flexibility, the organization was quite good. They understood busy schedules and worked to accommodate me in that area. It was a great first job for me that I gained a lot of experience from and a tip for those about to work there: make sure you get paid fairly, don't get gipped!

Pros

Free food at end of shifts, flexible shift hours, great people

Cons

Low pay, terrible uniforms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bakers Delight