Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews for Baker

3.6Work–Life Balance

good

Learned many skills, work was tough but fair. culture was very good. very friendly environment. early mornings were tough but get used to them. most enjoyable part is people

Pros

free food

Very stressful

Caused a lot of stress, most of the workers were nice. One was very harsh and caused me a lot of emotion distress. Management listened and was considerate. Did receive many large burns that have since left me covered in scars.

Pros

Free bakery item

Cons

Early starts, stressful environment, some unfriendly/brutal/rude staff, burns and scars

rude people, boring job, eh pay

im younger than most of the workers there and they only give me mid day hours so im the one who does all the cleaning even though i applied for BAKER and got BAKER i havnt baked anything yet and they treat me like im just there to do whatever they want and the job is very unorganised with when i finish a task they expect me to know what to do next without them giving me any context of needs to be done or made. the manager and boss are nice but some of the workers are just rude, im a teen and they call me the kid even though im 1 year younger than the other workers.i find the job boring, bad, and just not a good eviroment for a first job.and they give me 8 - 10 hour shifts. for my first job that im not used to that is way too long.

Pros

sometimes free bread at the end of shifts

Cons

every other thing

fun place enjoyable

learn different things and enjoyed making foods and working from 4am to 8am from friday morning to sunday night workers are really nice and kick back as

Bakers delight

Great place to work out front or out back High paced and stressful at times in high demand times of year but it's also good. I would recommend anyone to work But must be a morning person

One of the worst experiences of my life.

Do not work here. The people are mind-numbing and there is no chance of future progression. The hours are obscene but the pay is actually alright. If you like 12 hour shifts every day starting at 1am for 24 dollars an hour go ahead!

Pros

Decent Pay

Cons

Obscene Hours, Bad Workplace Culture, Peer Pressure

Horrific job

An s hole of a place to work at Wrong pay Stressful No heart in the baking industry...you are just a robot to them. As long as you get the job done and it's out selling-even if the product is not good, they don't care. Customers won't know they say. Pushed to get their product out at particular times leading to stressed workers theventuates into counselling

As a baker's apprentice

The job is stressful and requires the apprentice to be working full time. I learned a lot about baking, and had to Tim myself to get bread tons full under 20 minutes. Also had a lot of experience in customer service.

Fast paced

Not for the faint of heart! Of you enjoy working with your hands and early morning shifts this may be a career path to consider. I wouldn't recommend it if you can't handle getting to work at 2-3am though.

If the army doesn't accept you this is the next place to try

Pretty stressful job. Any concerns about roster or daily work falls on deaf ears. Employed bakers rest on their laurels, most people don't want to become a baker due to the hours and low pay so they know they wont be fired for doing a consistently poor job.

I love this place

Baker’s Delight is the best bakery in town and has customers on the tip of their toes with products. They have a high line foe safety in all areas and never fail to impress anyone!

Fast paced invironment

most of the work are done early in the morning and quite educational, this also gives the appreciation to the bakes job. this also open up the idea of grave yard shift or night shift could be an option for me.

Baking is a great career to pursue. Always learning and it's fun making fresh bread. Job is so simple and easy to pick up. If you love food and baking bread this is the job to look up and go for.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Fatigue. Up early in the morning

Good workplace fast paced

Bakers delight was a great workplace with professional management, good for really fast paced workers would recommend this to anyone for a first job for a apprenticeship

Pros

Good communication

Cons

lack of team work

Warning all apprentices this is not a apprenticeship worth going for

I worked at one of there franchises for 6 weeks and I was verbally bullied and harrased out of work, to the point we're I went mentally incapable to work. All apprentices watch out.

Pros

Cash

Cons

Bullies, hours, no breaks and toxic work environment

Becoming a baker at Baker's Delight is like becoming a chef and working at McDonalds.

Wasted 10 years working for Baker's Delight. Was lucky to work for some great franchisees and got paid above award rate, but still wasn't enough. For nightshift and the fact that you're qualified, you're nothing but cheap labour. Baker's have to constantly serve customers and will be given the usual bulls..t excuse, that's what the customers like and they're the ones paying your salary, when it's just the franchisees saving money by not hiring more sales staff. If considering Baker's Delight for a career, seriously re-evaluate. Study pattiserie or go independent and become a real baker.

Pros

Meet some great co workers and franchisees.

Cons

Everything else.

Great workplace, but highly dependant on coworkers

I was lucky enough to have some fantastic guys working with me, but if you don't get along well with the others at the bakery the job will suck. Hours are hard but you get used to it easily enough, and I can't stress how big a perk hot fresh bread out of the oven is. I

Pros

free bread

Cons

night hour offset you from others.

Productive, consistent and enjoyable workplace

From store to store varies, however things that were consistent. good products, well educated team and positive work place. Extremely engulfing learning experience.

Pros

regular hours/ shifts

Cons

Early starts

people were always very nice and you could have a laugh and have a sweet snack every here and there

i was working there for a few months and i had problems that got in the way of my job and i couldn't handle the stress it was causing me but that was like 4 years ago and i have matured a lot from then and have learnt a lot and i am so keen to get into the routine of getting up and going to work everyday i hope this resume gets me somewhere and is enough information to be approved :)

Pros

we always got free sweets or savoury snacks

Cons

weekends would be bit longer than week days

it was comfortable, easy hours and safe environment

my hours were very short and pay was the bare minimum an hour. Was convenient during High School since it was next to it, since i'm a recent graduate and living 20 minutes away its not convenient anymore, especially since the pay isn't worth it. Typical day was with one other employee which made it more relaxing for me personally, it would get very busy randomly, but it was always manageable. I learned about merchandising, customer service and handling money at the end of the day. The culture was not as amazing but everyone was nice and we always got the job done. The hardest part of the job is the cleaning, it gets very tiring and Its not always worth the constant back pain sometimes. The most enjoyable time is getting to eat the food, my boss at the time (now has changed) was very lenient, allowing us to eat the food we sell, but only during our breaks which is reasonable. I miss the food but it wasn't the healthiest so i guess its a good thing i left.

Pros

free food

Cons

a lot of cleaning

All ways taken advantage of and under paid

All ways taken advantage of and under paid had my super not paid ether for two and a half years worked a lot of over time when I started and never got paid for the extra hours

Pros

$5 dollars sorth of bread

Cons

Work over time and not get paid get super not paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bakers Delight
  • Baker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?