Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

3.6Work–Life Balance

Great fun working their and fun people to work around

My time their was fun and enjoyable, I got to learn a lot while I was there and I wouldn't mind working with the company again. I would recommend it to anyone that is trying to get into baking as they have good on course training.

Pros

You are able to get something to eat from the front while you work

Cons

Early morning shifts from 2am to 11am

Terrible workplace

The company its self is fine but the bakers delight Brighton management was awful, too over the top, the boss was terrible with communication usually leaves employees without shifts for weeks on end instead of just firing them (because there wasn’t ever any good reason) always hired more people when hardly anyone can get consistent enough shifts anyway.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Stressful environment

Very fast paced

Very upset when told didn't need me anymore..I really thought manager was nice to work with. Learnt lots bout customers needs..had nice customers..made me happy

Pros

Got to take home bread sometimes n pizzas.good manager

Cons

Memorising bread

good place to work

Quite relaxed work setting. Friendly staff as well as good communication between staff and bosses. Not many hard things to do other than remembering the prices and deals.

Okay workplace

Bakers Delight was an okay place to work at. The benefits include being able to take the bread not bought during the day home but the management could be much better.

Good First Job / After School Job

It is a great job for juniors after school willing to work in a friendly environment and be granted with great training and support the hours are also perfect for high school students as they close at 6;30 the latest meaning they wont be out to late. It has been a great pleasure working for this company

Productive and Fun

I had a great time working there but was not put onto the roster for several weeks due to manager hiring more staff. Shame I had to quit but did not want to be treated with that kind of disrespect.

Friendly workplace environment

- I learnt time management skills in a fast paced work place - workplace culture was friendly and helpful - most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take home leftover bread at the end of the shift - the hardest part of the job was ensuring my staff members and I cleaned up in time as it was often busy

Very competitive and no life work balance

I’ve been told off for trying to get shifts covered and my boss then yells at me for taking days off even though with the job he said would get days off

Fun workplace

I loved to in Bakery Delight , I had the best time ever. I used to talking with a lot of people, with different Nationality. The owner of business have a great attitude .

Fun work place

It is a fun collaborative space that allows an individual to further their knowledge. It is a great first job for people looking for experience and I’d recommend it to my friends and family

Pros

Learning customer service skills

Cons

Closes to early not enough hours available

As long as you don't work at Knox you'll be fine

To be honest, apart from the Boss and front sales team, I don't really have anything positive to say about my time there, there is a very high turn over of staff, so be careful of that.

Learnt a lot about how to deal with customer service.

I learnt more about making the customer happy and giving them there preferred bread type, I also gained more knowledge about the work life and having a positive aspect on the work life!

Good place to work. Diverse environment. Friendly staffs

Different cultural people from different country are working together which helps to reduce the level of discrimination between gender and colour. Flexible working hour.

very good job, bad management strategies and salary

you get free bread because of the low pay, long hours shift go really fast, fast pace can get a bit tension between the workers, really fun helping the customers

worst place to work

i worked with bakers delight for 3 years (was waiting for something better to come along) and my pay was always being docked for no reason, rosters were never out on time and the head office and managers never answered calls or texts or emails and you could fine a better personality in a brick wall than some of the employees. the only good thing about the job was the free treats.

Pros

free bread

Cons

everything other than free bread

Good for a during school job.

Great job to start in the workforce as you are completing school as a younger team is looked for. Also great in terms of hours and ability to move around. Out of school, not enough hours

Unorganised workplace

There are fun and enjoyable aspects to this job but mainly Bakers Delight is poorly managed. Incorrectly paid on a regular basis and pay on Saturdays was dropped without being told. Manager expects people to work a last minute shift with less than 24 hours notice and won't take no as an answer. If people can't work a shift the manager will punish them by not giving them a shift for a week or two. There is not enough shifts available as school students only get two and half hour shifts after school. The main downside of the job is throwing away all the unsold products at the end of the day when it could be going to the homeless, charities and farmers, There are charities and farmers set up to collect the bread but half the time the don't turn up which is a real shame and waste.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Poorly managed, throwing away unsold products at end of day

Productive and fun workplace

Work at Bakers Delight was an enjoyable experience. I got to learn so much about food and how everything in a bakery operates. The environment was a really safe and good environment to work in, as well as the people there were very friendly and amazing to work with.

Very restricting environment with little flexibility.

For the hours and work that was required, the pay was not substantial. Great group of people who work there. Creative environment. Though you were allowed 30 minutes break for lunch, you are only given a maximum of 4 hours of working hours. Lunch not included in pay.

fun and safe environment

Bakers delight was lovely to work for, the employees there were always kind and supportive. A typical day working there would be getting there if working a morning shift and setting up the shelving and bakery products, putting labels under the product. you would serve customers and take phone orders.

Pros

everyone was friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bakers Delight
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?