Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

3.6Work–Life Balance

Good people, not very good pay

Overall, my experience at Baker's Delight has been great! Everyone is so nice and easy to work with. It's a fairly relaxing job and doesn't come across as stressful. The only negative thing I have to say would be the pay. With a minimum wage, and limited hours, I myself as a University student who drives a fair bit for both work and university often come across the issue that money sometimes can be a bit tight. It is hard to save money for the future when most of my weekly pay ends up going towards my car with petrol, insurance and registration all being from my own pocket.

Easy environment, bad pay

The environment of working at Bakers Delight was great. Working one-on-one with others was a great way to make connections and friends within the workplace. The environment is relaxed unless it is a peak-hour time, such as midday on a weekend. It can get a bit stressful as it takes generally longer to get through customers while trying to slice bread as well. The hours are flexible as we had a sheet we could cross our days off with. The pay was terrible. It was flat-rate (including public holidays) for under $13/hr. If you had full availability, if you were a "valuable" worker you would get decent shifts, if not... too bad. Management was okay, head office check in monthly for promotional training, but that's pretty much it. It was a very easy first job, but I would not recommend working there if you need a salary to live off...

Pros

Free bread after closing hours

Cons

Terrible flat-rate pay

Productive and great working environment

-Flexible hours suitable for highschool and university students. -Introduced to new skills and procedures -Regular training and support from company and workers

often faced paced, on your feet.

A typical day included replenishing the store, cleaning the store and cutting bread and serving customers. I learnt how to work in a retail environment and how to handle food.

Pros

alright pay

Cons

management

Positive customers and employees, terrible management.

This position is a great first job but don't look here otherwise. You're paid the minimum wage and the store owner doesn't understand how the place operates, not to mention, treats the staff very poorly. On the bright side, the customers are very positive and it's overall a pretty easy job once you get the hang of it. Very easy to pick up and get shifts covered.

Pros

Free bread, employees, customers.

Good Staff and Good Experience

Working at Bakers delight is good for younger teenagers to learn skills for the future in the work industry. It's a good experience for having the basic skills for a typical job for a young person.

Pros

good customers and staff

Cons

not enough shifts

Very friendly and fun workplace.

Working at Bakers Delight was very fun and a very enjoyable job. All the people I worked with were friendly and very nice. It's a busy job but not overwhelming at all. It was great to be face to face with customers as well. There is not much room for progression but it's not really a job you would expect to have as a full time job so it's okay. Ideal job for teenagers in school.

Pros

Free bread!

Cons

No Progression.

Fun co-workers

Bakers delight was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my short time there as I got along with my co-workers very much. It was a fast paced and fun environment to work in.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Trying to swap shifts when needed

Great work environment

The fun and energetic environment made coming to work enjoyable and a good time. The management was very understanding if time off was ever needed and were more than willing to work with you if anything was unknown.

People were great to work with

I loved working with the people at Bakers Delight, the work itself was fine. However the pay was not up to standard, especially for my age. (18 = $13.60 an hour)

Pros

free food

Cons

the pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bakers Delight?

Productive,fun,busy

It is amazing working at bakers delight its busy as there are a lot of customers each shift. Its busy to open the store and get all product ready for sales

Pros

Free product

Cons

Busy and fun

Productive and positive work environment

Learnt to engage in conversation with waiting customers while still assisting other customers. Typically worked from 12-6pm. Enjoyed learning how to deal with different customers.

Good workplace environment, nice people, serving food

Had to serve customers. Baked fresh everyday, answer calls, clean the break racks and the food shelves, do dishes, close store, was a good place with nice trusting people. .

Great first job

A typical day at work was front of house customer service and cleaning of the shop once closed. I learnt a lot from this job, I was only working there for 2 months and they offered me a Certificate 2 in Retail Operations so I learnt a lot about OH&S and customer service. I completed that certificate early as I really enjoyed doing it. I didn't find this job hard at all. I was excited to be working as it was my first job after leaving school.

Pros

Obtaining a Cert 2 in Retail Operations

this is for the pet store not bakers delighy

it was a good place to work because of the animals, learnt about how to look after animals, management fine, co workers great, nothing was hard and everything was enjoyable.

Pros

Cons

nothing

it was a wonderful experience for me, i really enjoyed the work and company. i learnt many skills which will help me build my career later in life. and the skills i have learnt will always be with me. great people and hard working.

A fun workplace with good energy and great customer base

A typical day is setting up shop, serving customers, merchandising, constant cleaning, ordering and counting stock, closing shop. I have learned how to deal with people from all walks of life and also how to make staff my friends while maintaining authority. Management has always been great and easy to get along with, but very quick to judge and lay blame. I have had lot's of different co-workers and have enjoyed working with 99% of them. The hardest part of the job is long hours on my feet, especially in the heat and the most enjoyable part is dealing with the customers

Pros

free loaf of bread every shift

Cons

physically demanding

Productive and fun work place

Typical day at work requires: customer service, organising and merchandising the product, cleaning the shop, promoting the productLearnt: How to create a friendly environment, how to merchandise, how to use a cash register and handle money, how to work in a team, how to promote the product, how to build friendships with the customersCo-workers: built strong friendships with co-workers and learnt how to work and operate in a teamHardest part of the job: Learning how to promote product efficientlyMost enjoyable: Having conversations with customers and customer service

Pros

fun and enjoyable team envionment

Cons

not enough hours given to each staff member

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bakers Delight