Bakers Delight
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

3.6Work–Life Balance

good benefits, bad management

It is a really easy job and easy to learn how everything works. If you work a closing shift you get to take whatever you want home from what’s left. The worst part was my manager, they would constantly watch me on the cameras for the entire time i was working, and i would get up to 15 calls a day from my manager telling me to fix something (very minor things) and i ended up getting really paranoid whenever i was at work. It was like i couldn’t do anything right, but i know i was good at my job. Management also plays favourites a lot

Pros

Free food

Cons

Fun Place to work and create skills to help in the future

Moving from out of the area to start a new job was scary at first but the team at Berowra made me feel at home. I would start between 7 am and 10 am and would do a 7-9 hour day it was great fun while I worked out where I wanted my future would be. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked will and the customers I grew to love.

Pros

Free bakery items

Cons

Encouraged me to Study

Alright

The training supplied at Bakers Delight is good but this certain store was very rude when they asked you to work and would hassle you if they needed you to cover a shift.

Fun work place, easy for a first job

As much as I love working here, you can only go so far and I feel I’ve outgrown the place as my sole job, I’d Love a change. If I can keep working there over summer that would be ideal also. Having the two jobs would greatly benefit me.

Pros

Free bread for staff and lovely environment.

Cons

Being paid minimum wage as an adult.

was average place to work at

I enjoyed working at the store but head office did not care about us. Was a good place for a first job, and I learnt many skills there that will help with the future.

good

working at bakers delight is so good, you get to work with like minded people who are well engaged in their work and love to be there. My managers were really good which made my work ethic even better

Okay job for younger people, got worse as I got older

A typical day was very repetitive. Rude customers, very underpaid, horrible management and boss, making us do out of work homework unpaid. the most enjoyable thing about the job was the people i made friends with. With a new change of management it became very unorganised and the workers became annoyed and confused. workers had been pushed to their limit for a part time job in a bad way and due to this 4 of my co workers had left in my 2 years there.

Pros

can take whatever food you wanted

Cons

not paid enough, annoying shift hours

Very good workplace

This bakery has a very good culture, all the employees are very friendly and helpful. The only disadvantage is that during most days there is overtime.

fun and relaxed work place that always tries to do the best by YOU

This workplace is renowned for taking young staff on at minimum working age and helping them develop into esteemed workers until they are ready to move onto bigger things. The staff and owners are all lovely people that have done everything they can to make my life inside and outside of work the most productive and stress free as it can be.

Enjoyable work, friendly atmosphere

Sales, Cash Handling, Cleaning, Merchandising, Till operation - Friendly Staff - Simple work - Customer Focused role - Consistent with pay& shifts - Does become tedious

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bakers Delight?

Bakers Delight

Says it in the name, Delightful. I love working there and it's full of amazing people, each one is nice and confident in their work.

Pros

allowed $6 worth of food home for free

Cons

Not enough hours

Friendly environmetn

Workers are happy and friendly medium to high levels of cleaning, particularly at closing Hardest part of the job: throwing away wastage, maintaining a positive attitude and friendly manner when faced with incredibly rude and nasty customers Most enjoyable part of the job: the exceptionally rare and amazing friendly and conversational customers

Pros

Free bag of bread when working closing, flexible working hours

Cons

Minimum Wage, uniform is not aesthetically pleasing, marrickville 'dodgy' area (some unpleasant customers)

Unorganised workplace with lack of communication between management and staff

The duties I had to undertake were not too difficult and over time I could enjoy them as I have a strong work ethic. I enjoyed engaging with other staff members and the public and I loved setting up the bakery as I enjoy things to look appealing and be organised. I learnt many things about working in a bakery including cleaning duties, particular ways to engage with the public and sell extra product, and a lot of information about the products themselves. Unfortunately the communication and treatment of staff between and by the management was quite terrible and very unorganised.

Pros

free bread

Cons

management

Productive workplace with friendly staff

The workplace was fun and challenging. A typical day involved dealing with customers, both difficult people and the regulars, cleaning the back and the equipment used as well as floating the tills and entering production/wastage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members who grew to become close friends and building a connection with the regular customers. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customer complaints, however I handled all complaints maturely and efficiently. Management had enough faith in me that they let me work unsupervised and trusted me with closing shifts and that allowed me to gain confidence in myself and learn how to be responsible for the cleanliness of my workplace, as well as how to be a leader. Training new staff members was always a great opportunity as it helped me gain strengths in leadership as well as increase my own skills within the business.

Easy going workplace with friendly faces!

Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. I achieved a certificate III in Food Processing (Sales) through Bakers Delight and built my skills and confidence here as it was my first job. Both long and short hours are provided

Nice place, local.

It was always easy to get to work and back from here as it was local. There were always regulars coming to the shop. It was a nice environment but the Bakery wasn't for me.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bakery, don't like working in food industry.

very friendly workers

very friendly workers to work with..easy job. slicing bread,cleaning, the hardest part I would say is the cleaning. the most enjoyable part was meeting new people. I learnt how to slice bread in a machine , meeting new people .. very friendly customers that come in ...

Good team to work with

My experience at Baker's Delight has been very good so far. The team that I am part of is very dedicated and fun. As a sales staff at Baker's Delight I could enhance my customer service skills.

Pros

Near the train station

Cons

Morning shifts started way too early

Interesting

Amazing customers and girls to work with. The work was fun and easy to get used to.

Welcoming and Comfortable Environment

A typical work day at Baker's Delight would include dealing with several customer orders during fluctuating peak periods. -Customer Service/Retail Sales Experience involving several hours of interaction with customers. -Expertise in Retail "point of sale" System compromising of experienced cash register handling. -Shop Opening/Closing Experience requiring discipline, competent organisational abilities and attention to detail. -Cash Handling Experience from customers and during opening and closing of store. Co-workers were always very supportive and create a healthy team environment, especially when adapting to the pressures of the environment. The hardest part of the job was having to be on your feet for very long shifts. The most enjoyable part was interacting with joyful customers who were an absolute pleasure to serve.

Pros

Good breaks, supportive team

Cons

No sitting down on the job.

Franchisee is rude, demeaning and rude.

the franchisee i worked for made work life atrocious. She was rude, condescending and impossible to work with, she was a bully and was constantly putting me and my co-workers down. The other staff members i am happy to say were lovely and we were like a family. However any love for the job i had was squandered by the boss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakers Delight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bakers Delight