Ballarat Health Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ballarat Health Services Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
Very good employers
Very happy to work for BHS
Very supportive work colleges

As long as you are honest and talk with they are they to help you through good times and hard times
Poor and Bullying Culture
From the top done staff are bullied. All of them mistreat you. No opportunities for promotion. You have to suck up to management or they miss treat you.
Bullying
The staff are just mean down grading nasty people.
I would never recommend BHS to anyone. They are always looking to hurt someone in some way its like a competition to them. Its just down right sad
Worst place I ever worked
Bullying rife, bought in consultants but nothing changed. Facility Manager late to arrive, first to leave. One Pca related to coordinator of Nursing home.
Could not be trusted
Strong organisational culture with employee focused management practices
Ballarat Health Services operates the Ballarat Base Hospital, the largest regional hospital in the Grampians region. It is the principal referral hospital for the entire region, which extends from Bacchus Marsh to the South Australian border, an area of 48,000 square kilometres.

More than 230,000 people, or 4.4 per cent of the population of Victoria, live in the Grampians Region.

Ballarat Health Services employs around 4,000 staff to ensure optimum care is provided for all patients, families and visitors.

Ballarat Health Services was established on 1 January 1997 to unite and enhance three respected public health services: Queen Elizabeth Centre, Ballarat Base Hospital and Grampians Psychiatric Services. Ballarat Region Map

Ballarat has a population of around 100,000 people and is Australia's 20th largest
Fun and exciting
This job was so fun and i enjoyed every bit of it, i would recommend it 100%. the people where nice, and don't judge people. I loved the environment, and you get to meet someone new everyday
Pros
get to know people
Cons
Paper work
Just a number/high stress and understaffed
As a pca you are treated badly by nurse and management staff. Bullying is rife amongst staff and you have no room for advancement. All units are understaffed and you are ran off your feet all shift. Management do not care about the staff working at ballarat health services only their bottom lines
Pros
Plenty of work available
Cons
Bullying, high stress environment with little support from management and other staff
good company
Good company to work for but lacks positive for work when its done well. good work life balance, i would suggest this company to my friends and family to work for.
A great place to work and grow.
Always look forward to going to work when i have a shift. Always looking for ways to improve my skills and Ballarat Health Service can give that to there employees.
great place to work
i enjoy working at bhs with the friendly staff and culture background.
the people are always there to help each other and the ceo has done a lot with the bullying at work.
Pros
friendly staff salary packaging flexible work.
Healthy Learning environment, mostly supportive supervisors
Ballarat Base Hospital has been a very good start of my career in Australia. Most of the time medical work force is very supportive, understanding and flexible. 80 percent of the times roster is maintaining a good work family life balance. consultants are approachable `and supportive.
The hardest part of job so far was my surgical night rotation. 13 hour of night shift takes the life out of you, specially if it were to be for a whole term.(3 months)

Emergency department have got a best working culture , enjoys the most working in Emergency department.

Like any other place, we do have some trouble makers in team who can be non supportive, bully and racist at times. and they are on every level from nursing staff to consultant level.
Pros
flexible hours, healthy learning environment to grow
Cons
few non supportive staff members.
Ok
In this role it was very interesting being in theatre as an instrument technician, although the wages were lousy I stuck it out because I enjoyed the work. Wanted to make long service.
Pros
wages
Cons
Worst place to work - stay away!!
I worked at BMHS for two years and it was the worst years of my life. Google 'Ballarat mental health service bullying' and you'll find all you need to know. Bad practice, terrible management, and horrifying working conditions. It's just plain negligence and dangerous for clinicians.
Pros
No pros
Awful
Not a happy place to work especially in the nursing homes. Bullying was rife and came from every direction. Staff dobbed on each other, content to get others in trouble. This approach was encouraged by management.
Expected to attend meetings out of work hours.
Pros
Cons
Amount of work, you are expected to achieve.
Productive and Eager
I am were active and take pride in achieving the best results. I have learned time management and working in a team environment. I have alway had great Employers that have always been willing for myself to learn and better myself. I love hard work as its always gives me pride at the end of the day to see what I have achieved in that day. Ienjoy working others and am always eager to learn new things.
Pros
Achieving Goals that is set
Cons
Cold and wet mornings
Fast paced job
Great bunch of people to work with , they gave great cooking ideas , and also great tips on making some of my job areas easier .
Challenging role
Excellent job satisfaction with flexible hours and good pay with excellent overtime loading
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
On call all the time
Fun place to work nice people always something to do and learn
the most important thing I learned for myself is better communication with others as well as to operate machines and always ask questions.Always excited about going to work management always helpful and friendly as with co workers
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with and for
Cons
Not enough hours
informative placement
during my clinical posting in Ballarat health service i learned a lot of things,i learned how to work according to Australian standards.Developed good time management skills and improved my quantity and quality of professional skills.
Pros
good ampian