Ballarat Health Services Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting
Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC17 May 2019
This job was so fun and i enjoyed every bit of it, i would recommend it 100%. the people where nice, and don't judge people. I loved the environment, and you get to meet someone new everyday
Pros
get to know people
Cons
Paper work
Just a number/high stress and understaffed
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wendouree VIC28 January 2019
As a pca you are treated badly by nurse and management staff. Bullying is rife amongst staff and you have no room for advancement. All units are understaffed and you are ran off your feet all shift. Management do not care about the staff working at ballarat health services only their bottom lines
Pros
Plenty of work available
Cons
Bullying, high stress environment with little support from management and other staff
A great place to work and grow.
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC12 January 2018
Always look forward to going to work when i have a shift. Always looking for ways to improve my skills and Ballarat Health Service can give that to there employees.
great place to work
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC20 November 2017
i enjoy working at bhs with the friendly staff and culture background.
the people are always there to help each other and the ceo has done a lot with the bullying at work.
Pros
friendly staff salary packaging flexible work.
Healthy Learning environment, mostly supportive supervisors
HMO 2- recently upgraded to HMO3 since July 2017 (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC20 July 2017
Ballarat Base Hospital has been a very good start of my career in Australia. Most of the time medical work force is very supportive, understanding and flexible. 80 percent of the times roster is maintaining a good work family life balance. consultants are approachable `and supportive.
The hardest part of job so far was my surgical night rotation. 13 hour of night shift takes the life out of you, specially if it were to be for a whole term.(3 months)
Emergency department have got a best working culture , enjoys the most working in Emergency department.
Like any other place, we do have some trouble makers in team who can be non supportive, bully and racist at times. and they are on every level from nursing staff to consultant level.
Pros
flexible hours, healthy learning environment to grow
Cons
few non supportive staff members.
Ok
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC21 December 2016
In this role it was very interesting being in theatre as an instrument technician, although the wages were lousy I stuck it out because I enjoyed the work. Wanted to make long service.
Pros
wages
Cons
Worst place to work - stay away!!
Former mental health clinician (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC8 October 2016
I worked at BMHS for two years and it was the worst years of my life. Google 'Ballarat mental health service bullying' and you'll find all you need to know. Bad practice, terrible management, and horrifying working conditions. It's just plain negligence and dangerous for clinicians.
Pros
No pros
Awful
Medication Endorsed Division 2 (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC31 March 2016
Not a happy place to work especially in the nursing homes. Bullying was rife and came from every direction. Staff dobbed on each other, content to get others in trouble. This approach was encouraged by management.
Expected to attend meetings out of work hours.
Pros
Cons
Amount of work, you are expected to achieve.
Productive and Eager
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Ballarat Victoria26 May 2015
I am were active and take pride in achieving the best results. I have learned time management and working in a team environment. I have alway had great Employers that have always been willing for myself to learn and better myself. I love hard work as its always gives me pride at the end of the day to see what I have achieved in that day. Ienjoy working others and am always eager to learn new things.
Pros
Achieving Goals that is set
Cons
Cold and wet mornings
Fast paced job
Kitchen Hand Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC16 March 2015
Great bunch of people to work with , they gave great cooking ideas , and also great tips on making some of my job areas easier .
Challenging role
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Ballarat, VIC13 October 2014
Excellent job satisfaction with flexible hours and good pay with excellent overtime loading
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
On call all the time
Fun place to work nice people always something to do and learn
General Laundry Hand (Former Employee) –  Eureka Linen Lonsdale Street23 February 2014
the most important thing I learned for myself is better communication with others as well as to operate machines and always ask questions.Always excited about going to work management always helpful and friendly as with co workers
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with and for
Cons
Not enough hours
informative placement
student nurse (Former Employee) –  melbourne,vic10 March 2013
during my clinical posting in Ballarat health service i learned a lot of things,i learned how to work according to Australian standards.Developed good time management skills and improved my quantity and quality of professional skills.
Pros
good ampian