Banjos Bakery Cafe
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Banjos Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Banjo's needs to realise that in order to have better staff retention rates, they must show more reward to their employees in regards to pay rates, and management support.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
poor pay rates
I had staff members talking about me behind my back and making up lies. My hours were cut back by an insane amount and the manager had a something against me. I was overworked and under appreciated. The pay isn't the best and the only reason I stayed was because some of the customers particularly loved me.
Pros
20% discount but still expensive
Cons
Where do I start?
Absolute horrible place to work. underpaid and under appreciated. Bakery manager hires friends and family and gives them special treatment. Food handling practices not very good. Customer service absolutely disgraceful. Support from owners non existent. I cannot stress anymore, do not waste your time.
They act like they give a cr*p about their staff, but they don’t.
They hire people with disabilities and then cut their hours and give more hours to the obnoxious children that work there.

Have no respect for anyone with a disability, (witnessed the 2IC bully a disabled lady one day)

And the management.. don’t even get me started on that joke!
Management will gladly put you down to your minimum hours (which is ridiculously low) while on minimum wage and expect you to still put your heart and soul into the company. There was no encouragement only being constantly told about the things you did wrong. I would 100% stay well away from this company!
A part from meeting a 'few' lovely staff the overall company was horrible to work for I was on $12 an hour at the age of nearly 19, the boss would always come to work with a stinking attitude and treated all staff like dirt.
as it ups and downs with saying that I've been taught a lot and have been given a great first job experience with being able to go bigger with my life and working career.
This was a okay place to work, long hours and stressful at times but it can be a fun and enjoyable workplace. Overtime was required fairly frequently but that can be expected within a bakery setting. Overall i would say it was a good experience in which i learned a lot and will use those skills in the future.
Pros
you get a discount within the store.
Cons
frequent overtime required.
Getting paid minimum wage to do more than two people's job made it really hard to work there. Manager was constantly sittign in office and letting sales staff do all the work. If needed to change shift or call in sick, management made you feel guilty and pressured you to take another shift instead. Overall would not recommend working for this place!!!!!
Pros
25% discount on food
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, early starts, bad management
Working at Banjos was great work for a step into the working life. An average day I would work a five hour shift either doing dishes, interacting with customers, tidying and cleaning all areas.
Very professionally run by the owners. The culture there is really great, everyone is happy to show up to work and the atmosphere there is great.

Hardest part of the job would be avoiding taking home the free food!

Most enjoyable part would be all the great food and bonuses working there brings.
Pros
Great food (cheap/free)
Cons
Funny cap to wear
It's was a early start but good ,I learnt a lot with orders and customer service,management was always there for the workers needs,the hours was the hardest part,it was all enjoyable
Typical day includes getting to work at 1am making bread/running ovens. Fellow employees were really nice and understanding and even more so to customers.

Hardest part would be the hours and the most enjoyable would be the people you meet and the free food.
great place to work. typical day at work consisted of baking and preparing doughs, sweets and savouries as well as cleaning and serving customers. i learnt alot as an apprentice baker, it was the best 3 years of my life so far.
Banjos Bakehouse Smithton was not a good place to work as the management did not care what went on and didnt listen. appart from that it was a good experience
A typical day at banjos included serving, handling food, cleaning frequently and closing at the end of every shift. I learnt responsibilities, great worth ethics, how to work in a team and great persistence.
I am fortunate enough to work with a team that is well bonded and makes work enjoyable. I have gained a great degree of skills in regards to time management, customer service and training younger individuals. Not only this, Banjos has payed and further provided me with my barista qualification which is a benefit in itself.
I really enjoyed working at Banjo's. The staff members became my family and I completed my certificate III in Hospitality. It was great to work as part of a team with people that supported my long term goals. Without the understanding of my managers, I wouldn't be in my position today. I was given the opportunity to learn so much and would recommend it to anyone else that is looking for a job within a hospitality team.
A typical day at work would involve cleaning, waitressing, serving customers, handling money, giving correct change and restocking food and drinks. At Banjos Bakery Cafe I learned how to work well at a till, whist also being responsible for cleaning and restocking. I also learned to work well in a team with the other friendly staff.
The management at Banjos Bakery Cafe could have been better.

The hardest part of the job was definitely multitasking, which is my strong point.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working with my co-workers as a team to get things done.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Good Location
Cons
Average Management, Short notice for shifts
Franchise owner was lazy and seemed unaware of anything happenings in the business or between staff, didn't seem to know much about Banjo's products or how the cafe was run.
Banjo's was a good experience to have in my life, it was short and sweet and recommended for kids who balance school aswel
A typical day at work involved me arriving there at 1am, I came to work but it was also good to chat with the other baker on shift and share stories, I got on well with the manager, I think the best part about the job was the learning curve and gaining the experience in the work force, the hardest bit of the job for me was adjusting to waking up at 12am everyday.
Pros
free food after shift
Cons
early starts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banjos Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6