Banjos Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

great work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Traralgon, 3844, AU6 December 2018
as it ups and downs with saying that I've been taught a lot and have been given a great first job experience with being able to go bigger with my life and working career.
okay place to work.
APPRENTICE BAKER (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS27 October 2018
This was a okay place to work, long hours and stressful at times but it can be a fun and enjoyable workplace. Overtime was required fairly frequently but that can be expected within a bakery setting. Overall i would say it was a good experience in which i learned a lot and will use those skills in the future.
Pros
you get a discount within the store.
Cons
frequent overtime required.
Management couldn't care less about you working there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tasmania31 March 2018
Getting paid minimum wage to do more than two people's job made it really hard to work there. Manager was constantly sittign in office and letting sales staff do all the work. If needed to change shift or call in sick, management made you feel guilty and pressured you to take another shift instead. Overall would not recommend working for this place!!!!!
Pros
25% discount on food
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, early starts, bad management
Great
Sales staff (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC8 January 2018
Working at Banjos was great work for a step into the working life. An average day I would work a five hour shift either doing dishes, interacting with customers, tidying and cleaning all areas.
Very professionally run by the owners. The culture there is really great, everyone is happy to show up to work and the atmosphere there is great.
Hardest part of the job would be avoiding taking home the free food!
Most enjoyable part would be all the great food and bonuses working there brings.
Pros
Great food (cheap/free)
Cons
Funny cap to wear
Banjos summary
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 October 2017
It's was a early start but good ,I learnt a lot with orders and customer service,management was always there for the workers needs,the hours was the hardest part,it was all enjoyable
Nice place to work
Baker apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 October 2017
Typical day includes getting to work at 1am making bread/running ovens. Fellow employees were really nice and understanding and even more so to customers.

Hardest part would be the hours and the most enjoyable would be the people you meet and the free food.
Excellent
Apprentice Baker/Fill in Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Bay TAS9 October 2017
great place to work. typical day at work consisted of baking and preparing doughs, sweets and savouries as well as cleaning and serving customers. i learnt alot as an apprentice baker, it was the best 3 years of my life so far.
bad place to work
Bakery's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithton TAS24 May 2017
Banjos Bakehouse Smithton was not a good place to work as the management did not care what went on and didnt listen. appart from that it was a good experience
overall it was a great place to work I learnt very good worth ethics
Customer service, cleaning and lockup of store (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC22 January 2017
A typical day at banjos included serving, handling food, cleaning frequently and closing at the end of every shift. I learnt responsibilities, great worth ethics, how to work in a team and great persistence.
A productive and enjoyable work place
Customer service, sales assistant and barista (Current Employee) –  Shoreline, hobart, Tas1 January 2017
I am fortunate enough to work with a team that is well bonded and makes work enjoyable. I have gained a great degree of skills in regards to time management, customer service and training younger individuals. Not only this, Banjos has payed and further provided me with my barista qualification which is a benefit in itself.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tasmania23 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at Banjo's. The staff members became my family and I completed my certificate III in Hospitality. It was great to work as part of a team with people that supported my long term goals. Without the understanding of my managers, I wouldn't be in my position today. I was given the opportunity to learn so much and would recommend it to anyone else that is looking for a job within a hospitality team.
Enjoyable And Challenging Workplace
Front of House Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huonville TAS8 August 2016
A typical day at work would involve cleaning, waitressing, serving customers, handling money, giving correct change and restocking food and drinks. At Banjos Bakery Cafe I learned how to work well at a till, whist also being responsible for cleaning and restocking. I also learned to work well in a team with the other friendly staff.
The management at Banjos Bakery Cafe could have been better.
The hardest part of the job was definitely multitasking, which is my strong point.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working with my co-workers as a team to get things done.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Good Location
Cons
Average Management, Short notice for shifts
Friendly staff, terrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battery Point, Hobart30 August 2015
Franchise owner was lazy and seemed unaware of anything happenings in the business or between staff, didn't seem to know much about Banjo's products or how the cafe was run.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moonah, TAS22 July 2015
Banjo's was a good experience to have in my life, it was short and sweet and recommended for kids who balance school aswel
Great learning experience
Baker (Former Employee) –  Huonville, TAS7 May 2015
A typical day at work involved me arriving there at 1am, I came to work but it was also good to chat with the other baker on shift and share stories, I got on well with the manager, I think the best part about the job was the learning curve and gaining the experience in the work force, the hardest bit of the job for me was adjusting to waking up at 12am everyday.
Pros
free food after shift
Cons
early starts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banjos Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Banjos Bakery Cafe Reviews by Location