Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 31,849 reviews

Not competing in research

Company is no longer trying to compete in equity research in much of Asia. Fast paced and a launching pad to other opportunities. High expectations despite lack of mgmt prioritization.

Great benefits.

Extremely stressful. All they do is track numbers disguised as helping customers. Customers are the worst I have seen in retail. Long standing, no breaks. No steady time for lunch. They want you to complete a 12 hours job in 8.

Pros

Stable company.

Cons

30 min break for a shift of over 9 hours, No breaks.

Constant turnover

Seems like a revolving door. There are many unhappy employees especially since we were asked to return to a full time in office schedule. Many people have left due to lack of flexibility and low pay.

Rude

Management was insensitive to my passing of family member. No loyalty to me after taking so much of my time away from family as is. Would never go back

Nice place to work!

I enjoyed working at BofA - friendly team, chill customers, flexible scheduling, good benefits. Interior space & computers need some updating. Overall pretty enjoyable place to work.

Good training provided. Benefits package was decent including vac, sick time, 401K, health & dental ins, employee checking accounts, etc. Able to transfer to more convenient locations when available. Room for advancement from within.

The perfect place to retire

The company offers opportunities for advancement all the employees. Great benefits and unprecedented how they took care of us during and after the pandemic. This is the company I will retire from. I have nothing but respect and loyalty for this company.

Pros

Benefits, freedom, perka

Cons

Clients.

Good for experience

Going to be as vague as I can but still give info to everyone.I worked for BofA in the fraud department, as a remote position. This department, as well as the bank itself, was pretty rampant with changing rule/policies and not informing you until they caught it in a call.Account were heavily mishandled. The policies had changed to a point where we had the same 2 or 3 people call about different accounts and we were forced to allow them access. If you do work happen to work for this company, be cautious.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks, lack of communication

Good environment to work

Great place to work and excellent compensation.Bank of America is one of the largest banks in the country, and it offers a wide range of financial products. Those products include credit cards, checking and savings accounts, home loans, auto loans and investment products. Bank of America also offers bank accounts and loans to businesses.

BofA is where you go to get a job, not a career.

Bank of America offers new employees decent wages. Those of us who are tenured are grossly underpaid. I echo the sentiment that the only way to advance in the company is to quit and come back, and the Bank will not release an employee to a new BofA position if “needs of the business” (of department employee is trying to leave) would be negatively impacted. On the phones, world class service is delivered in 3 minutes or less. Period. All call-centers are stressful for many and always micro-managed. Anybody with call center experience will not be surprised. Back office jobs are brainless. If you’re looking for something easy to do while listening to music 8 hours a day, surfing the web on your cell phone, and making personal calls and texts from your desk all day so that your coworkers get to pick up your slack, welcome to heaven. Just don’t expect career advancement, and good luck finding a manager who doesn’t play favorites.

Pros

Benefits, new-hire pay, 5 work-from-home days a month for non-phone roles.

Cons

Vague training, slacker culture, only 5 days a month WFH. The Bank advertises that more is offered, but not for the majority of employees.

Great!

Loved it here. The staff was great. The receptionists were very helpful and answered all our questions. The room was clean and bright, and the room service was always on time. Will be coming back!

Good job

Good company to work for. Management was good and teams were well formed. Fun office environment. Company has good benefits and lots of opportunities to advance.

Pay is Good, Work Environment is Toxic

The company is fair and pays well but the in office work environment is political, full of deceit and favoritism and most of the management team are manipulative and only out to maximize their own self-interest. Very unfortunate.

Great Training and coaching

A lot of resources to be successful. Great training tools to receive licenses. Just be sure to pass or your employment may come to an end. Be sure to network everyone is always willing to help.

Not flexible

This was my first time working at a call center so expect a call center environment. There was a HUGE push for numbers and sales (obviously) but hardly incentives that were obtainable! My coworkers and boss were super nice and friendly. I wish there were more communication between managers in the department.

What is the best part of working at the company?I dont remember any best partsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?reorgs every year with potential for replacement or RIFWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?you're just a numberWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?depends on if they are remote or make you come to the office. it changed year to year

Good Benefits and pay, but constantly experiencing staffing issues.

Good benefits and pay. Financial centers are constantly short staffed creating a stressful environment. Company has also decided to not hire Assistant managers within the expansion market making it difficult for FCM to have a healthy work/life balance.

Extensive training for new hires

Boa would provide every new hire with 2 moths of training which includes a lot of compliance courses, virtual training. Financial centres seem to be understaffed

Toxic work culture

Bank of America likes to pretend they take care of their associates but don’t. They push so much for sales, wouldn’t surprise me if they became the next WF. It is very rare to be treated as a human. Don’t respect schedules and are always changing them last minute or guilt trip you if you chose not to stay when you have an early day. If you chose not to stay, they will get you back for it. You hardly get any weekends off because the branch is short staffed, yet the managers take the weekends off.Forget about promotions. They will just keep hiring externals from first convenience. They move you to different branches as they wish. They’ll move you across the city to a branch that is 1hr commute from your home with out even asking. It’s such a hassle to pick your vacations. And they will force you to move your approved vacation week at their convenience. It is very rare to get a raise, and they always find an excuse to not give you one. You get interrupted during lunch a lot of times, it is very short as it is.Make you stay later after closing, then get mad if you have overtime at the end of the week. Want you to have dual control in many processes yet also want you to maintain social distance. LOL.

Company good MANAGERS SO TRASH

Bad experience , if I would had a good manager I probably would be there but because I had a poor manger in all aspect I have to leave . Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad

Pros

Leave of absence

Cons

Managers

Typical Bank

Lot’s of potential in areas of promotion but the company isn’t afraid of laying off its employees. I worked remotely for some time and the company does have wfh positions but only the chosen get those positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bank of America with

Learn about Bank of America in popular locations

• Bank of America
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?