Bank of Queensland Employee Reviews

Custure
Customer Relationship Specialist.(Kaplan Tier (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD4 March 2019
not a nice place to work
people in the retail network talk about you behind your back
the main issue

managers that have been mangers too long with no management.
Pros
corporate good benefits when they are there
Cons
culture
Horrible Bank to work for
Pay roll (Former Employee) –  Newstead QLD9 February 2019
If you are a young woman who is looking at starting a family whilst working at BOQ then its best you don't join this bank. they treat you like dirt and make you work long hours whilst knowing you are about to deliver in a few weeks. and once you go back to work after having your new bub your manager will treat you even worse and will never understand that kids get sick etc and will get you to meet with unexpected dead lines and the bullying culture still exist at BOQ and HR is dead silent on what is going. A terrible financial organization to work for and they talk about flexibility of work however none of this exist within many roles at the bank . if you can avoid working here. No one who works at the bank actually enjoys working there. no culture and no heart.
Pros
You will be given 14 weeks maternity leave
Cons
Long Hours, Bullying, Management not underestanding your current status, HR non existent, Managers with no leadership qualities and no heart, Poor Salaries, Poor work ethics
Good people to work with
Iteration Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2019
People and drinks were excellent.

Everyone was very helpful. The work is very relaxed culture and at a steady pace. However, the leadership and management direction are lacking.
Pros
Drinks, lunch area.
Cons
Lack direction, no leadership.
Excellent company culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 August 2018
I loved working at BOQ Specialist as I was given complete ownership in my role and of the products/ campaigns I managed.
Management on the direct marketing team were amazing and strived to do what was right for the team.
I gained a great deal of experience around product marketing and end to end campaign management.

I loved being part of the marketing team there.
Worked with great people but finance sector requires cultural changes
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mitchelton QLD12 August 2018
Have now left the Bank of Queensland and looking for a better culture fit. Management are struggling with ongoing changes in the finance sector and maintaining staffing. Constant challenges which provided me with great coping skills.
Great workplace culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2018
BOQ is known to be a small bank specialising in forging personable and solid relationships with their customers. That being said, the emphasis focused through the construction of their business model is the over-promotion of being a 'loved' bank rather than a modern competitor in the industry.

As a result BOQ has staggered its potential to grow with the times. This, I feel, has proved to be its biggest hindrance of further developing an influential brand in the banking market place.

Although a great working environment is well established, the BOQ mantra lacks innovation and a fresh young look through optimistic eyes.

The systems are quite dated and the procedures/policies (although compliant of the industry standard) are not far off the quality of an essay copy and paste attempt.
Pros
Family environment/culture
Cons
outdated systems and procedures
Productive and fun
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton QLD6 May 2018
The most enjoyable Branch of people I ever worked with. Our Manager was a great leader. Great workplace culture, great customers and a lot of variety in the job.
Pros
Fantastic
Cons
New move down to the gold coast
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach QLD6 May 2018
This was a move from Brisbane to the Gold Coast and it was a great choice. Staff and Management were very welcoming and work well as a team. Busy Branch with a lot of variety.
Pros
great team
Relief staff position
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD6 May 2018
I relieved at the Branch for staff annual leave. Great location, environment and staff. Lots of holiday makers so international was quite a large part of our day.
New Branch startup
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD6 May 2018
Newly opened Branch, our job was to gain new business for the Bank in a brand new shopping centre. I absolutely loved working at the Branch. It was challenging to get out and meet new shop owners and clients.
Pros
Happy work place
Short term emplyment
Customer Service Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 May 2018
Working with Head Office staff and business banking clientele. Very busy branch but rewarding to work with a great team of young energetic people. A lot of international transactions.
Pros
busy
Great work environment
Data officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 May 2018
This was a part time job with my young family. I worked 2 days a week with a fabulous Team leader. Nothing was ever a problem and we worked autonomously.
Pros
Happy envirnment
BOQ Corporate Branch
Part time Teller/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  The Gap QLD6 May 2018
I worked here part time as I had a young family. Flexible bosses and team members and I made myself available should I be required for extra work when co-workers were ill.
Pros
Happy environment
Great Team work in Branches
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany Creek6 May 2018
Fabulous team to work with. Overall culture did need reviewing. Too much of a Head Office vs Branch scenario. Loved dealing with the public and built a great rapport with my customers.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Too close to my home
Table Tennis Lunches
Group Security Business Resilience and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Brisbane8 March 2018
Culture and engagement are defined and management are great. Like every organisation there are some downsides which in this organisation is the IT support. Overall it's enjoyable and is a great place to work.
Worked with a fun,motivated and driven team which made each day so great
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2018
I absolutely loved my job at Bank of Qld. I worked for BOQ for many years. I was very passionate, and mostly loved the personal service we gave our customers and loved what BOQ could offer our customers.
Pros
Discounted Home Loan Interest Rate, Shares
Cons
small brnach with very limited space
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 January 2018
happy environment, positive workplace a lot of opportunities to become skilled in a lot of banking areas however as an owner manager branch there is no room for career progression
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer Service/IT
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER - Kirwan Branch (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 December 2017
Early on working at BOQ was great and the company. Local level is difficult at times. Overall all BOQ has some great aspects but has a big problem with their IT
Pros
Customers
Cons
It
Avoid
Lending Administration and customer service (Current Employee) –  Mount Gravatt QLD30 August 2017
Service manager is very difficult to work with and is the main reason for such high turnover.
Pay is far less than other banks offer. Little to no room for advancement
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Went from contract programmer to production support manager
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Qld18 August 2017
Great place to work for the first few years. It became a problem when the IT department was out sourced to the US company EDS. Life became very unpleasant under American leadership. Too many lies.
Pros
Built a career
Cons
Outsourced to EDS