Bank of Queensland Employee Reviews

Great workplace culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2018
BOQ is known to be a small bank specialising in forging personable and solid relationships with their customers. That being said, the emphasis focused through the construction of their business model is the over-promotion of being a 'loved' bank rather than a modern competitor in the industry.

As a result BOQ has staggered its potential to grow with the times. This, I feel, has proved to be its biggest hindrance of further developing an influential brand in the banking market place.

Although a great working environment is well established, the BOQ mantra lacks innovation and a fresh young look through optimistic eyes.

The systems are quite dated and the procedures/policies (although compliant of the industry standard) are not far off the quality of an essay copy and paste attempt.
Pros
Family environment/culture
Cons
outdated systems and procedures
Worked with great people but finance sector requires cultural changes
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mitchelton QLD12 August 2018
Have now left the Bank of Queensland and looking for a better culture fit. Management are struggling with ongoing changes in the finance sector and maintaining staffing. Constant challenges which provided me with great coping skills.
Excellent company culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 August 2018
I loved working at BOQ Specialist as I was given complete ownership in my role and of the products/ campaigns I managed.
Management on the direct marketing team were amazing and strived to do what was right for the team.
I gained a great deal of experience around product marketing and end to end campaign management.

I loved being part of the marketing team there.
Table Tennis Lunches
Group Security Business Resilience and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Brisbane8 March 2018
Culture and engagement are defined and management are great. Like every organisation there are some downsides which in this organisation is the IT support. Overall it's enjoyable and is a great place to work.
Great Team work in Branches
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany Creek6 May 2018
Fabulous team to work with. Overall culture did need reviewing. Too much of a Head Office vs Branch scenario. Loved dealing with the public and built a great rapport with my customers.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Too close to my home
New move down to the gold coast
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach QLD6 May 2018
This was a move from Brisbane to the Gold Coast and it was a great choice. Staff and Management were very welcoming and work well as a team. Busy Branch with a lot of variety.
Pros
great team
Productive and fun
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton QLD6 May 2018
The most enjoyable Branch of people I ever worked with. Our Manager was a great leader. Great workplace culture, great customers and a lot of variety in the job.
Pros
Fantastic
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 January 2018
happy environment, positive workplace a lot of opportunities to become skilled in a lot of banking areas however as an owner manager branch there is no room for career progression
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
New Branch startup
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD6 May 2018
Newly opened Branch, our job was to gain new business for the Bank in a brand new shopping centre. I absolutely loved working at the Branch. It was challenging to get out and meet new shop owners and clients.
Pros
Happy work place
BOQ Corporate Branch
Part time Teller/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  The Gap QLD6 May 2018
I worked here part time as I had a young family. Flexible bosses and team members and I made myself available should I be required for extra work when co-workers were ill.
Pros
Happy environment
Great work environment
Data officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 May 2018
This was a part time job with my young family. I worked 2 days a week with a fabulous Team leader. Nothing was ever a problem and we worked autonomously.
Pros
Happy envirnment
Short term emplyment
Customer Service Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 May 2018
Working with Head Office staff and business banking clientele. Very busy branch but rewarding to work with a great team of young energetic people. A lot of international transactions.
Pros
busy
Relief staff position
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD6 May 2018
I relieved at the Branch for staff annual leave. Great location, environment and staff. Lots of holiday makers so international was quite a large part of our day.
Cons
Worked with a fun,motivated and driven team which made each day so great
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2018
I absolutely loved my job at Bank of Qld. I worked for BOQ for many years. I was very passionate, and mostly loved the personal service we gave our customers and loved what BOQ could offer our customers.
Pros
Discounted Home Loan Interest Rate, Shares
Cons
small brnach with very limited space
great company to work for, fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA22 July 2015
Experience gained has given me strength and ability to work as an individual and as a team player. I have acquired exceptional practical experiences, which have nurtured me to be proactive, highly self-motivated and with appreciation for success.
The work culture is great and the management is excellent with professional service .
Great job, great team, great time
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD8 November 2016
Every day coming into work was enjoyable. Everyone in the team got along, and the boss was a great leader, who was able to direct the team in the direction she wanted, yet was also able to be someone nice enough to talk to.

As the top teller, being cash custodian meant that I needed to ensure the ATM was fully functional, as well as stocking it when it was needed. I was also in charge of making sure that the branches balance wasn't too high, or too low.

The hardest part of the job, was the sales aspects, however, changing my mindset from 'selling a product,' to 'helping meet customer's needs' helped in that area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else. The team was great, management was great, the timetable was great.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
The branch closing down
Small and growing Bank
SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS CREDIT, NSW & ACT (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 March 2015
Small Bank with growth aspirations.
Small team with flat structure.
Good exposure to senior management and executive team.
Pros
Ability to be effective via direct access and decision making.
Cons
Limited career progression in Sydney office.
Very supportive manager
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, Australia12 November 2015
Great team, initiative to work on your own, yet always had someone to help if needed.
Praised when achieving goals
Team functions when goals are met or exceeded
Pros
great team
Cons
worked later on fridays
Customer Service Call Centre
Call Centre Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth5 September 2013
Bank Of Queensland was an excellent company to work for. We had set targets to meet each month. If we achieved our individual targets we were rewarded each month with a bonus. Each shift we were required to provide an example of excellent customer service. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was self satisfaction knowing that I helped them by either by giving general information or solving more complex problems according to each individuals circumstance. Eg - lost visa card overseas. Bank Of Queensland taught me that each customer is important no matter what their circumstances are. We had a family friendly environment and management was very easy to approach. I don't believe there was a hard part of the job. I believe this as we were given proper training to perform the job.
Pros
Weekend work and extra shifts available, staff discounts, family orientated
Customer Service/IT
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER - Kirwan Branch (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 December 2017
Early on working at BOQ was great and the company. Local level is difficult at times. Overall all BOQ has some great aspects but has a big problem with their IT
Pros
Customers
Cons
It