Bank of Queensland Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton QLD6 May 2018
The most enjoyable Branch of people I ever worked with. Our Manager was a great leader. Great workplace culture, great customers and a lot of variety in the job.
Pros
Fantastic
Cons
New move down to the gold coast
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach QLD6 May 2018
This was a move from Brisbane to the Gold Coast and it was a great choice. Staff and Management were very welcoming and work well as a team. Busy Branch with a lot of variety.
Pros
great team
Relief staff position
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD6 May 2018
I relieved at the Branch for staff annual leave. Great location, environment and staff. Lots of holiday makers so international was quite a large part of our day.
New Branch startup
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD6 May 2018
Newly opened Branch, our job was to gain new business for the Bank in a brand new shopping centre. I absolutely loved working at the Branch. It was challenging to get out and meet new shop owners and clients.
Pros
Happy work place
Short term emplyment
Customer Service Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 May 2018
Working with Head Office staff and business banking clientele. Very busy branch but rewarding to work with a great team of young energetic people. A lot of international transactions.
Pros
busy
Great work environment
Data officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 May 2018
This was a part time job with my young family. I worked 2 days a week with a fabulous Team leader. Nothing was ever a problem and we worked autonomously.
Pros
Happy envirnment
BOQ Corporate Branch
Part time Teller/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  The Gap QLD6 May 2018
I worked here part time as I had a young family. Flexible bosses and team members and I made myself available should I be required for extra work when co-workers were ill.
Pros
Happy environment
Great Team work in Branches
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany Creek6 May 2018
Fabulous team to work with. Overall culture did need reviewing. Too much of a Head Office vs Branch scenario. Loved dealing with the public and built a great rapport with my customers.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Too close to my home
Table Tennis Lunches
Group Security Business Resilience and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Brisbane8 March 2018
Culture and engagement are defined and management are great. Like every organisation there are some downsides which in this organisation is the IT support. Overall it's enjoyable and is a great place to work.
Worked with a fun,motivated and driven team which made each day so great
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2018
I absolutely loved my job at Bank of Qld. I worked for BOQ for many years. I was very passionate, and mostly loved the personal service we gave our customers and loved what BOQ could offer our customers.
Pros
Discounted Home Loan Interest Rate, Shares
Cons
small brnach with very limited space
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 January 2018
happy environment, positive workplace a lot of opportunities to become skilled in a lot of banking areas however as an owner manager branch there is no room for career progression
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer Service/IT
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER - Kirwan Branch (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 December 2017
Early on working at BOQ was great and the company. Local level is difficult at times. Overall all BOQ has some great aspects but has a big problem with their IT
Pros
Customers
Cons
It
Avoid
Lending Administration and customer service (Current Employee) –  Mount Gravatt QLD30 August 2017
Service manager is very difficult to work with and is the main reason for such high turnover.
Pay is far less than other banks offer. Little to no room for advancement
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Went from contract programmer to production support manager
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Qld18 August 2017
Great place to work for the first few years. It became a problem when the IT department was out sourced to the US company EDS. Life became very unpleasant under American leadership. Too many lies.
Pros
Built a career
Cons
Outsourced to EDS
Fun workplace
OPERATIONS ADMIN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Newstead QLD27 July 2017
Bank of QLD Finance department is a fun workplace. Its been almost 2 years since I have joined. But, its time for me to move on to a different area which relates to my degree and work qualifications.
Pros
Morning Tea
Cons
Not enough pay
banking roles
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 April 2017
although this employment was quite some time ago , my time their was informative and enjoyable. The only reason I left was to start a family and concentrate of raising them.
Staff great but held back with slow computer systems and proceedures.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW22 February 2017
A typical day would consist of delivering superior customer service within a shopping centre environment and increasing the branch book by sales targets.
Cons
Long Hours, Compliance requirments in an open plan environment within a shopping centre, I.T systems slow, Limited support
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2017
I have never felt so under valued as an employee in my whole working career which has spanned over 20 years.This has contributed to my low self esteem and lack of motivation to lead a normal life.I left BOQ and am slowly regaining my confidence.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Starting work
great team to work for
customer service consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Waverley VIC14 February 2017
Fun place to work with great teamwork. All branches help one another. Learning new systems was a challenge for me however it was really user friendly
Pros
salary
Cons
no set time to leave
fun workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Newstead9 January 2017
management are clear with expectations - you are not micro managed.

you are given your work tasks and you are responsible and trusted by management that you complete your tasks on a day-to-day basis

love working here great work and life balance
Pros
surrounding bars and restaraunts
Cons
far commute to work