BankWest Employee Reviews

Low Level Management Is Bad
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 February 2019
It is a phone based job. The team was asked to arrive work early and leave work late to ensure the full 8 hours phone time.

Team leader didn't care a lot about her work, didn't have the ability to deal with any incident coming from the customers and the team. Used dating app during working hours and micromanaging.

The good thing about the job was that Bankwest does really care about the customers and people working on the phone speaking to the customers directly always try to help the customers.
Pros
Nice Colleagues
Cons
Micromanagement
Bankwest
bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Katanning WA14 January 2019
Too many Jobs to do within a day and long hours not enough staff within the area having to drive many kilometres to help out other branches. Targets are not achievable in a small town with all major banks and a population of only 3600 people. Customer focused was a joke.
Overall Good
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 November 2018
Bankwest Head Office was a great place to work. However, there was problems with management (many quitting + lots of reshuffling) so it did not feel stable
Pros
Location, facilities
Cons
Changing workforce
Fantastic working culture
Channel Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 November 2018
Bankwest provides all colleagues with the tools to do varied, exciting work whilst giving work life balance to get other commitments done. They acknowledge customer needs and working to those criteria is rewarding when work is delivered.
Excellent place to work
Senior HR Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 September 2018
Bankwest was an amazing company to work. Awesome culture, excellent facilities as it changed into a collaborative and innovative working space in Raine Square.
I would recommend Bankwest as a wonderful company to work for to anyone.
Not secure company to work for.
Meeter & Greeter (Customer Service Officer) (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD13 September 2018
Led to believe job was secure then all East Coast stores closed in one swoop with no warning and approx. 400 people now unemployed.
Always did more than the 38.5 hr per week rostered but no overtime is ever paid and they reduce hours of work quite regularly.
Pros
nice colleagues to work with
Cons
always do a lot more than rostered 38.5 hrs per week with no overtime paid.
Excellent organisation to work for
Data Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia1 September 2018
Great open office environment, with flexible working hours.

Diverse ICT infrastructure, offering exposure to different forms of technology within the banking sector.
bankwest
Mobile Banking Manager - Home Loan Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Good culture, with good coaching , always have policy updates to keep up to date with current policies and procedure, lots off opportunities to change roles and be promoted .
A great place to work
LEARNING & DESIGN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 August 2018
I really loved working at Bankwest. They have a great culture which recognises individuals and their skills, while helping them develop new skills and feel part of a team.

Bankwest have now moved into working in an Agile way and it was interesting to be part of that transformation.

Like many organisations, things are constantly changing and instead of being afraid, Bankwest tends to embrace it.
Pros
Different events and training you can join, progressive and adopts new technology
Rewarding
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW9 August 2018
Working for Bankwest is rewarding. I was able to learn whilst on the job. I have achieved confidence and excellent rapport building skills and customers view me with full confidence. As our job requires us to be knowledgeable in all areas, I do not feel bored.Extremely rewarding and satisfying to be able to help customer's reduce their debts and build wealth. The workplace culture is more relaxed and team work is impeccable. A typical day at work is organising the day, serving customers over the counter, assisting with problem solving. Each and every customer is different hence there may be challenges, this is what makes it enjoyable - being able to adapt to resolve a customer's problem by cob. I have learnt to multitask and time manage. The hardest part is when I see my colleagues not bothered with taking that extra time to better assist a customer or judge a person by their appearance.
Pros
appreciation from customers
Cons
micro mangement
Casual
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beechboro WA13 July 2018
Good place to work, the ability to work at your own pace, no one to pressure you daily duties vacuuming all floor areas and dusting desks. emptying bins.
Supportive, fun environment
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 April 2018
I loved working for Bankwest and if I still lived in WA I would still be working for them!
The part I loved the most about working there was they seemed to genuinely care about their employees and how they were treated. My colleagues were a lot of fun to hang out with inside and outside of working hours and the building I worked in is very vibrant and elegant. I often reminisce about my Bankwest days and wish I could still be working for them. They also encourage you to push yourself to up skill, their belief and encouragement gave me alot of confidence in myself which was something I used to lack. I would not have any hesitation in recommending Bankwest as a fantastic place to work!
Pros
Great work/life balance
Good People
Teller / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Osbourne Park WA14 February 2018
Good People to work with but it was all about who you know as to if you got promoted.
No option for trainman and no matter how hard you tried nothing was ever good enough
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
bad management choices
Manager Risk
Risk Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA30 January 2018
The environment is quite relaxed and friendly depending on the area. There is opportunity to gain experience on secondments and also joining the wider financial services group. Lots of morning tea's, arvo tea's snacks and team side chats. Meetings can be overrated at times as the outcomes are sometimes not fully understood. People seem quite akin to establishing good code of ethics and generally like any other corporate environment.
Pros
Flexibility eg carers leave and also nominations for heroes.
Cons
career dead ends and times no recognition for certain areas.
Terrible company kills your health
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 December 2017
Pay is fine
But that's the only thing fine about this company
Cut throat naive culture
Constant unproductive changes
Uncommunicative management
No work life balance long hours and unproductive
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Long hour toxic environment
Fragmented team and unpleasant culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 October 2017
Production of marketing information.
Interesting at first but quickly got routine.
Slight tall poppy syndrome, managers are a bit threatened of intelligent people
Co-workers seemed detached and not very friendly
Comfortable work setting and good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
not inclusive - cliquey culture
Productive and fun work place
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 October 2017
Working place was too supportive when it comes to learning or taking risks and it was my most enjoyable part of the job. Our team like If you watch sports, you see how teams function. They work together, encourage each other, and communicate regularly
Thoroughly enjoyable Company to work for
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Broome WA18 July 2017
My time at Bankwest were some of the happiest and most fulfilling times in my career.
I was able to achieve my goals both professionally and personally.
Pros
Best colleagues ever
Cons
Na
Really enjoyed this position., Great place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW13 June 2017
I started this role as an Assistant Sales Manager in attempting to generate work for BankWest as they were a new player in the financial sector. Unfortunately as a result of the Global Financial Crisis their parent bank, Halifax Bank of Scotland was forced to retrench staff and onsell BankWest to the Commonwealth Bank of Australia which resulted in my area being shut down and consequently I was retrenched.
Pros
Great work atmosphere and work life balance
Cons
Good physical work environment, people skills mixed
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA9 May 2017
Teams varied greatly regarding overall people management which resulted in mixed productivity expectancy. Company appeared to be veering towards a pressurised productivity output which put quality of delivery into question.
Pros
Very comfortable physical work environment with excellent facities (Head Office)
Cons
Mixed messages from Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BankWest. Our community is ready to answer.