Baptcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Baptcare Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
work-life balance is awesome and close to home. Great team to work for and we were able to get a lot done. great support from my team leader when required
Whilst flexibility of hours and work life balance is good here if you have young school age kids , Don’t expect job security if you work as a PCW. Hours can be taken off you at a moments notice without explanation making it hard to meet ongoing financial commitments. Found this out many times over my time here. Also support from management is poor to say the least.

Pros: Meeting wonderful clients, variety of work, flexibility of hours

Cons: Losing clients, no regular work , poor management
Aged Care can be exciting, as the elderly have a lot to offer. Baptcare model on too much of a hospital-based model, and it is frustrating continually being told by residents they feel "in gaol". The frustration grows as you cannot do anything to help them.
Baptcare's work culture is unique as everyone is happy to help you if you have any issue or they will try to refer you to someone who can. The office is quiet but you can hear the polite conversation here and there. It has a meditation room, casual wear is allowed and you will see the CEO working in the same spaces as we do.
Most of Baptcare is well run and supported. Not sales. Management is a disgrace! Direct Manager was disorganised, dishonest, unfair and the biggest micro manager ever! Systems are antiquated.
The best part of the job is the clients and the fact I get to work without too much hassle. Management aren’t the best and advancement is pretty nonexistent for the Carers. You have to pay for your uniform and if you are permanent you are limited to hours.
The staff and residents really enjoyed everyone. I really loved going to work to see all the residents. Noone complained. Really enjoyed taking the residents out and about. Like learning new things.
Working with Baptcare has been a great experience I have meet some nice people, fabulous carers and some beautiful clients, the staff at Baptcare do an amazing job at keeping people in their homes.
Very friendly staff and good management. You can be appreciated by the people for your hard word and awarded. Excellent environment for work. You will never feel under pressure even you are working under pressure.
they do not pay well. You do a lot of driving and tend to clock up a lot of kilometers. Training is always up to date. They started providing training for medication assistance. You have to wear a uniform when doing shifts.
Pros
terrific boss
Cons
low pay, high kilometers, head office is in Dandenong
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baptcare?
Management on all levels is poor, horrible culture amongst staff, massively understaffed most shifts creating stress and pressure, most co workers are great but a high turnover of staff and a large influx of inexperienced carers being employed never having hands on experience
Pros
Modern facilities
Cons
See above
Ensuring the elderly are well cared for, have all there needs meet.
The hardest part of my job is my residents passing away.

Great support from management and other staff members.

Working with great people/friends
it was ok to work the it was good to talk to the elderly pepole they like us to sit down and chat with them they enjoy the company the girls i worked with were great
Pros
Cons
hour were good
This job is excellent for someone who has children at school, so you can pick time availability when you can work. You have the choice of casual or part-time positions.
Baptcare is a high and low care facility with 56 beds including 10 beds for dementia residents. Staff are mostly on part time hlbasis with permanent hours allocated and you can apply for extra shifts. It's a very fast paced work envoirment and at times very demanding. The residents were very well looked after and the facility was spotless. The residents mostly seemed very happy.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Demanding and heavy work
As maintenance tech, it was great to use various skills and coordinating with different trades and services on sites. Great People and workplace. No job security for long term. Overall a great place to work. Couldn't offer regular work!
Pros
great place and people. Good job overall
Cons
no job security or advancement
I'm not sure what exit interviews are for when they are not acted on - or if they are we are not advised accordingly - and staff consistently leave and nothing changes. Hard working staff are not being supported and inadequate management continues to be employed at Moonee Ponds. The people doing all the amazing day to day work need to be recognised more and management needs to improve its accountability, professionalism and integrity.
Pros
Family friendly, remuneration to an extent
Cons
Management accountability, poor management recruitment
Every day searched for stories, strategised for campaigns or created brochures.
Learned a lot about UX and information architecture and the public/social sphere in Australia.

Mangement--unbelievably easy to get feedback, support and encoragement from. Great people.

Co-workers, lovely team, talented and fun.

Hardest part of my job was competitor analysis.

Writing great stories about our organisation and pitching them to media too.
Cons
Long commute to work
Do not work for this organisation if you require any of the following -

- to be paid correctly and on time it will ALWAYS be your fault when payroll make an error which is regular

- Supportive management even when you do follow procedure management wont so again it will always be your fault even something as simple as taking your owed leave is a nightmare

- Training you will be thrown in the deepend normally in a role with absolutely no policies or none that are relevant and actually work

- Double the workload of every other organisation and it will be your fault that you can't get it done regardless of the fact the turn over is so high no one lasts longer than 6 months and if you do actually manage to take leave prepare to work at least 12 hours unpaid overtime when you return because if anyone did attempt to do your role they would have screwed it up and they never replace you unless it's more than a week

I would think long and hard before accepting anything with this employer honestly not worth it
Pros
Cons
See above
a typical day at work is rewarding to me management is helpful and friendly most co-workers are helpful. the hardest part of the job is being able to work with staff that don't like you the most enjoyable part of the job knowing that I have made a difference to some ones life.
Pros
salery packaging avalable
Cons
co - workers are beautiful, we are all different individual,most of them good but some of them are have big gab of understanding true meaning of English is makes us difficult to cope with
We have no problem to work with our client and our direct manager.

Management especially middle management are ridiculously forced us to work more harder within short amount of time.

Seems they don't care how we can cope with over workload.

i.e) we are already over working for multiple tasks without break but keep making new rules for squeeze staff and forced us changing new ways to do things at work very often for ground staff.

I don't feel like I living in the Country with democracy.

Other staff are have same opinion as I

Probably only this problem in field of Aged care worker I hope !

Perhaps I believe CEO is fine person, he or she they have no idea how hard work load for staff, how middle management people treated us.
Pros
giving kindness to people to make them feel better in their life
Cons
PCA staff we have no time to have morning tea break or afternoon br