Baptist Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Baptist Care Employee Reviews

Australia66 reviews
Very busy work ethic, with friendly helpful environment.
Management is approachable but make life difficult for advancement into higher position work roles. All staff members are friendly and helpful. Work can get overloaded due to staff on-leave and sick leave covers.
Training provided for workers roles is excellent. Care Service Employee roles are very rewarding but can be demanding at times and do require patience and understanding.
Environnement de travail détendu
Le poste que j'occupais me permettait de gérer mes rendez-vous professionnels en toute autonomie
Après avoir rendu visite à mes clients, je retournais au bureau afin de remplir le compte rendu par client sur informatique

Une fois par semaine, nous avions une réunion avec notre responsable pour faire le point sur le suivi des clients

L'ambiance entre collègues était conviviale et détendu compte tenu des responsabilités liées au poste

Ce que j'appréciait le plus, c'est les dîners organisés entre collègues une fois par mois
Stay Away
Majority of staff genuinly care for residents and go out of their way to ensure care is delivered effectively.
Management implement ridiculous values they expect you to uphold, yet wont themselves. Nil care for their residents, staff, contractors, or residents families. Unorganised, unethical, and ill effective management strategies.
The job was great but the management system is poor
My job experience with Baptist care was great I had a lovely time but management was rude in their approach towards me and that made me think that I was not value and fairly treated in terms of my opinion to be heard
Excellent productive workplace
Very challenging because I meet new clients everyday on home and hospital visit. I have learned confidentiality, respect, boundaries and work safety towards my employer and clients is my responsibilities.
Accept transfer and increase wages for staff
Baptist care should consider transfer and accept of staff if one wishes for transfer. And salary should as well be considered as cost of living is on the high side at the moment. Thank you.
Don't waste your time in this company.
Bullying is the go at Baptistcare and has been for long time.
Discremanation is too high in Baptist Care.

Baptist Care always talk about the Christian values although they are very far away of the Christian values.

Baptist Care is for managers only not for clients or normal employees.
Good organization
Good organization with good management skills. FLEXIBLE working conditions and positive job culture with good support and training.mangement is good .
good
good. good manager, facilitator, and clients. culture is good. A good place for a new nurse to learn knowledge. Like it. Very flexible. Good policy and management
Baptist care
It takes a very strong person to do this job. It is emotionally challenging, especially when you care so much for your clients and build good relationships.
An important job that is made more stressful and less safe due to understaffing
The job was important for providing care for the resident and other workers. However there was often too much work with too few workers to complete the work to high statndards. This caused high levels of stress with accidents occurring due to work being done by reduced numbers of workers and insufficient time. Workers were often unfairly blamed by managers.This was especially so with the oncoming inquiry into Aged Care: the management wanted to blame workers rather than take the blame themselves.The company needed to provide more money to employ more workers. The best part of the work was caring and providing time with the residents and time with workers who were cooperative.
Variety of duties kept day to day work life enjoyable
Enjoyable. Variety of clients and managers.Difficult at times to keep up with the expectation of some managers. Initially a high turnover of managers who had their individual ideas. Part time hours were good for work/home life balance.
I had worked at Baptist Care SA for 5 plus years
After working for other companies , BC are the best , caring , kind , my experience has been fantastic , the company is just moving from strength to strength , great opportunities to move up if you desire , client support excellent , pay great on time , love working here , lots of hours , challenging at times , but ongoing training helps with that , go for it , you will love it !!!!!
Productive workplace with team culture
Working with team members to obtain positive outcomes for client services and supporting management with day to day operations to achieve common goals.
The last manager was a bully upper management hired him to get rid of older staff. Extremely unprofessional and unpleasant office manager. Staff stealing from co workers and when reported manager thought it was ok
Great work environment lack of real management support
Great pay if you're casual, despite lacking in benefits. Management can be great, but often felt like there was a lack of any "real" support. Have been there for a few years, and only a handful of actual co-workers that I catch up with outside of work.
Fun
GOOD rewarding in more ways than one and at BaptistCare we offer competitive remuneration and family friendly benefits. Our staff are our most important resource and we take you and your career seriously. We want to provide you with a working environment and culture that supports you in your career.A broad range of career pathway opportunities
Ongoing employee development through annual performance, development plans and succession planning

Industry-leading flexibility and diversity in job roles, benefits and working conditions

A genuine commitment to work / life balance

Generous leave entitlements including maternity, parental and study leave

Competitive remuneration and benefits including salary packaging options

Ongoing development through on the job training and learning opportunities

Along with these benefits, all our staff have the privilege of knowing that they are doing more than just a job. They are contributing to our vision of bringing life-transforming care to our clients. By joining BaptistCare you will be joining an organisation where everyone makes a difference.
Too many chiefs not enough Indians
Some great staff, but disappointed with management due to in effective communication and willingness to just do rather than delegate appropriate induction, training and support though.
Tense with no room for growth
Dealing with high volume transactions.
Banking

the most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and resolving issues.

The workplace environment does not allow for growth and promote employees.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard work with no rewards
Fun place to work and learn.
Start of my shift assist in ADLS, provide meals and medicine. Plan for the activities, menu for the duration of my shift. Facilitate activities planned
Pros
I got the shifts I needed.
Cons
When there's not enough staff, the senior staff has to step in.
Shocking culture.
Stay away, work life balance is rubbish, management do not care and the only way to advance to have friends and family in higher places. Not a nice culture and have become greedy for the dollars over care.
Pros
Cons
Baptist care its self.