Baptist Care Management reviews

Awesome company
Senior Carer / Manutention Coach (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 April 2018
Awesome company always loos after their staff and who,looks and cares for the residents in there care I would recommend this company to any prefect ice employee or friend who,was think about working for them
Fun workplace
Care Service Employee (Current Employee) –  Bangor NSW13 March 2018
Respect for every single individual. Good management with good people. Fun to work at. Great teamwork. Many opportunities to learn new things most of the time.
Pros
Shift you want
supportive workplace
emergency care worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 November 2017
learned conflict resolution, how to deal with violent individuals.
management were very supportive ,most enjoyable part was watching children develop and learn, hardest part was being moved around to differnt houses
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
emotionally hard
Opportunity to create new services in Mt Gambier and Murray Bridge
Area Manager, Limestone Coast and Murray Mallee (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA8 November 2017
A typical day is managing staff, attending meetings, etc

Felt unsupported by higher management team

On call continually

Hardest part continual travel and nights away from home

Most enjoyable watching young people progress and move into independent living
Pros
Living in the community where I worked
Short-term, not long-term
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW8 August 2017
Worked in the company close to eight months now. Started off well with the management and rostering and office being helpful. Sadly, as I got to know clients, many confided me the Macquarie Park office is a sham. Lies have been surfacing, actual client compassion and care are fabricational and services paid by the clients are not top priority by the rostering team.
I was enforced to do a particular role at a premise I hadn't signed up for. With much invitation I was taken off it eventually but penalised as I went against management wishes. Since then my shifts have been affected. The dishonesty however, is unforgivable.
I had a regular client for shopping, service was fortnightly and in the morning. Office rostered the service to the client in the afternoon (against client wishes), client calls me to see if I can assist in sorting that out. Tried to get hold of rostering regarding it for eight hours with no response. Received message at 6:30am by rostering informing client had cancelled service for the day. Second client into my shift, client calls me to see if I was doing the service that day. When mentioned of the message I received from the office, the client said they had never contacted the client. In short, office cancelled service without informing the client.
One of many underhanded, expweriences I have come across. Resigning first presentable opportunity for a more honest and rewarding company who value their clients.
Pros
Pocket-money, YOU feel satisfied with what YOU can provide, not the company
Cons
You pay for office mistakes, wear and tear on car, long drives little petrol $$, don't let you work in your area, much more cons
rockingham distaster
ex employee (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA21 June 2017
worst place ever i wouldn't put my worst enemy in this place, food is horrible and the management are terrible no idea of running a home, she thinks she has more degrees than a thermometer, her brown nosers make trouble and bully other staff members, god help these poor newbies that go in there like agency workers, they give them the most difficult and heaviest residents to attend to alone. some staff are really good in this place like the night staff but majority of day staff are just kissing the FMs starfish. do your self a favor and stay away from this place its a dump.
Pros
no pros
Cons
understaffed, bullying beyond believe, old and shabby.
High salary
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Kellyville NSW21 June 2017
Offers high salary to employees. I am only working as a casual but regular employees are very nice, ready to help you if you have questions or if you want to learn something.
Pros
high salary, nice employees
Nightmare
Child and Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 June 2017
24/7 shift system is handy for life balance, but roster staff sometimes bully you into shifts you can't work or at placements you have bad experiences with. Other times there are zero shifts available so it's difficult to have a longstanding financial commitment like a mortgage. NO opportunity for career advancement or flexibility within the role, and the head office culture is absolutely toxic, arrogant and cliquey. No support for staff, managers impossible to track down, training is lacklustre. Pay rate is dismal for the work, absolutely unfair compensation for being abused on shift almost every day, and no support after any incidents other than a half-assed EAP offer. No supports in place for kids in residential care either, staff are simply a band-aid on the bigger issues Baptist Care ignore.
Pros
CSE/police checks are paid by them.
Cons
Almost everything.
Good job balance
Home and community care service (Current Employee) –  Nowra NSW29 May 2017
Quite great to work with good organisation and secure firm like Baptist Care, great management and good benefits. Also the team members are friendly and good workers.
Pros
Balance life and work
Cons
No offce at local where I work
Easy going work place
Care Services Employee (Former Employee) –  Queanbeyan NSW1 May 2017
It was a great experience working at Baptist Care. It was a very respectful and lovable place to work. Management was helpful with great experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was chatting with old residents serving their last moments of life and sharing their life experiences. The hardest part was when residents leave this world forever and die.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Night shifts
hectic
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA4 April 2017
A typical day consists of insuffient time to complete all required tasks, management continue ask increase the workload & recent staff redundancies mean the residents are not afforded time to just chat.
Pros
colleagues & residents
Cons
no positive feed back
Enjoyable place to work
Endorsed enrolled nurse (Former Employee) –  Lockyer Valley QLD13 October 2016
Enjoyable place to work, unfortunately management lets it down. Have awesome co staff to work with and help through the hard times and be there to support when needed.
Happy, caring, supportive, workplace.
Care Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Taree, N.S.W.19 November 2015
Supportive management, great, caring team to work with. It was a pleasure watching them interact with clients during "buddy time"i.e.working together. Best part when a quiet, sad, abrupt, 99 yr old client smiled at me one day and said, "Can I tell you something? you are a very nice lady." Very rewarding. Great,training videos i.e.60 hrs viewing with assignments in first 3 month to help and our own educator to instruct us. The hardest part of the job for me was time management but I picked it up quickly and once I had it everything became easier. Learnt to observe a situation/notice everything in regard to care and take necessary/appropriate action. e.g. organised ambulance /client taken to hospital.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Losing hours when clients cancel
OK but you won't go anywhere in this job, if you don't have skills when you arrive you won't learn any whilst working there.
Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA27 September 2015
Whole company is top heavy from providing highly paid managment jobs for church members. The " Christian Mafia " is alive and well in the management of this company.
Pros
work is routine
Cons
Can't get money for projects to benefit customers, despite there being almost 7 million dollars in cash in there bank account.
AiN (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, Kara12 February 2015
Good friendly atmosphere with all clients, staff and management, chances for advancement and fair wages structure. Enjoyed the shifts and the general environment.
Older facility with High and low care positions. Closed due to changes of legislation
AIN (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, S10 February 2015
Providing quality care to the aged and disabled in a Nursing home environment. Assist with all activities of daily living.
Management team very professional
Best part, knowing i have made someone else's life a little easier.