BARBEQUES GALORE Employee Reviews

like a family enviroment
Warehouse and sales (Former Employee) –  Artarmon NSW9 April 2019
My role is sales and warehouse. Always a joy to go to work, help customers with their enquires, help other staff members where i can and do any duties that needs to be done.
Pros
family feel when working
Cons
not enough hours as a casual
worst place to work for
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Galore NSW29 March 2019
Not a great place to work for as you have no clue what's the company is doing or wanting to do . Do not understand the nature of the business try to compare it with a FMCG type business .
Pros
Cons
Do not Appreciate its employees .
Great team environment.
SALES TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 October 2018
Amazing team and great workplace culture. Thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years of employment here. Incentive structure could be much better. Overall enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
free lunches on weekends
Cons
warehousing (in sales role)
It’s about your expectations
Sales person / 3ic (Former Employee) –  Moore Park NSW1 August 2018
I worked with bbq galore from March 2005 until late 2011 as a full time sales person and loved it. I took my job seriously and was successful in selling more than anyone else in the time I was on the floor.
People at the retail level can be put into 3 basic categories.

Managers:
Normally people that fell into the job and have had no proper career their whole life. They often have little education and work hard for a modest wage. Truth be told their prospects are limited and 1 lucky one may become a regional manger or get a gig at head office.... if lucky. these people are salt of the earth and work long hours for their salary. Often be replaced when a new regional manager commences and does not like them.
2ic’s often are young clues people and aspire to be a manager as head office lure them with this hope / carrot. If not above they are typically older people with little ambition.

Full timers
These guys and girls are either on a gap year or have decided not to follow their studied career path. They earn very little. Rather chilled job.

Casuals and part timers
Normally mums wanting extra cash as kids start school or uni students earning some spending money most of the latter which will move on to bigger and better things in life. For those people it’s not a bad place to work.

Summery :

Good if you :

1. studying or semi retired or Mum wanting some extra money

2. Have no qualifications and want a secure not high pressure job

3. Willing to accept 80k - 85k a year being store manager and don’t mind being talked Down to by head office
  more...

We all have different expectations for our lives and want different things. I think for many people bbq galore is a good place to work. Personally though I would feel very disappointed if I was waste my life in what is a dead end go nowhere career.
Pros
Little pressure
Cons
Little respect from head office and some public
Great place to work.
SENIOR SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD29 June 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Management are great and loved going to work. Lots of physical work, and made a lot of friends. A shame they have closed the business.
Management are bullies
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA23 June 2016
dead end job...Work you like a dog its all about kpi's. Those above store Managers are not intouch with what its really like to work in the stores. State managers and ceo's are bullies who have no idea what the staff face everyday in the shops..I worked for bbqs galore for 2 years and wouldnt recommend it for a long term job.
Pros
Great 2ic
Cons
All about kpi's
Miserable
Salesperson/storeroom (Current Employee) –  Woolloongabba QLD26 May 2016
A company that cares nothing for its staff. Work conditions if working in warehouse were terrible, machinery was not functional so most lifting is done by yourself. Staff, including managers smoke near gas bottles and hoses. Be very cautious apply for this job. They have a terrible staff retention due to problems within the management.
Pros
n/a
N/a
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 May 2016
Good company to work for. Was there for two months. Looking for store/assistant manager position with companies providing career progression opportunities.
Blacktown store and region.
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW23 February 2016
Very poor management. Lacked so much training that it made it near impossible to stabilise the job. The regional manager is ex military and he's very discriminating. Wanting to fire an employee because he's English wasn't 100%.
P

It is a dead end job and I wouldn't classify selling bbqs as a smart or rewarding career choice.

Always received weekly roster on a Sunday or Monday for that current week which was inconvenient.

The 2IC was heaps helpful along with the other staff members lower on the food chain.

Manager always too busy to help you.

Don't apply, look else where.
Pros
The staff themselves are great bunch of people to around.
Cons
You are just a number to them and nothing else.
Very Productive
Warehouse work- Putting stock away, Sending stock (Current Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC10 February 2016
I enjoyed working at this company cause it had good benefits and good people to work with and I enjoyed being my own boss in the warehouse and the hardest part was all the pallets of bbqs to put away, and the management was really good as well.
checkout
manager, (Current Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing, VIC26 October 2015
working for Coles was my first job and my most memorable job it was a fun place to be
meeting new people
seeing my regular customers
able to help out in other areas of the store so you got to learn new skills
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
grumpy customers
Fantastic company with great people
Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia17 May 2014
*Good mix of experience and new ideas
*Management has a wealth of retail experience contributing to personal development and growth of employees
*Private Equity ownership creates challenges to constantly improve and evolve as good performance is good today, but great is required tomorrow.
Pros
BBQ lunches
Cons
Office location
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacktown/Penrith/Blacktown, NSW7 January 2014
This was one of the best places that I have everworked

 Consistently achieved top 5% of ‘Mystery Shopper’ customer service testing for Australia.
 Consistently achieved top 5% of sales in NSW prior to managerial promotion
 After leaving Barbeques Galore I was invited to return to assume a role as Store Manager at Barbeques Galore, Blacktown.
 Staff management, including setting and maintaining KPI’s, rostering and training.
 Management of set budget for staffing and stock control
 Accountable for balancing and processing daily till takings
 Achievement: Career advancement through internal promotion from floor sales to a store manager.
Pros
Cooking on all type of BBQ's
Cons
Long hours over christmas
Horrible place to work
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Aspley, QLD3 January 2014
Complete lack of awareness for OH&S of employees.
Complete lack of respect for fellow employees, especially if they are subordinate.
Products are poor quality and over priced.
Zero opportunity to advance in such a nefarious environment.
Pros
Always paid on time
Cons
Dead end job