Bardot
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bardot Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews
I always loved working at Bardot Junior
Was a great place to work at as I was able to balance it out well with my studies the staff were all super friendly and it was a great team environment to work in
The work environment at Bardot is filled with positive vibes and a very relaxed work place.
Constantly learning things and meeting new people.

Management are very considerate and nice people.
Clothes are great, still expensive after discount. There are no real perks and rewards for hard work. You don’t get recognition for hard work and you don’t get the proper training and support to further and develop your skills. So much pressure is put onto the employees to make sales which can lead to a competitive environment and it effects the team morale. Alot of “stealing sales” result high turnover in staff.
My very first shift was awful, management stood in the corner judging us new girls, no encouragement just "do better", constantly saying "babe" to everyone and we get in trouble if we don't say it and basically yell at the customers when they enter.
Sales targets are unrealistic as management take clothes off you and process them themselves so you lose the sale.

Overall very judgmental and rude.
Amazing company to work for. I never once got treated with disrespect, they treat you amazing. I was very lucky to have had the opportunity to work at Bardot. They teach you a lot of amazing skills I can use every day.

Forever lucky to have met such lovely ladies and gentlemen.
i had a great tome here, but had to quit as moving to london... it was a great environment and lots of good discounts! and i loved how there were always kids, and they were sooo cute!
Pros
nice fashion, good staff
Cons
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

Barley any contact from area/state managers, no support or guidance.

BUT they are quick come in and blow your head off when you aren't making money.

Broken promises. Stressful.

DISCRIMANATION FOR THE WAY YOU LOOK AND DRESS!!!!
Pros
Customer
Cons
Rude, Disrespectful, Discrimanation, Lack of support
Love the clothing brand
great company to work for

Discounted prices for employees

Great pay

Team networking is good

Management is great

Staff sales targets are always met
Pros
Discounted prices
Cons
Long retail hours sometimes
The customers were great however the managers weren’t very supportive and would judge you on certain things such as dress code and swapping around shifts last minute
fun and busy workplace full of fashion and trendsetters. Hours may be long but you get a break which helps to recharge and get the shift done. the team at bardot are sales driven and always achieve on selling the stores products .
Pros
staff discounts on store products
Cons
long hours short breaks
Learned heaps of product knowledge, managment were a bit hard
on your feet all the time and rude customers always had fun with my team and always looked after me
Pros
staff discount
Cons
on your feet
Training never completed but expected to know how to complete certain duties by managers.
Roster hours unfairly 'shared' fortnightly.

Younger staff allocated more hours for lower company cost.
Honestly with my experience with the company they only care about the image they give to customers and nothing behind the doors that happen. Managers are all young and aren’t fair with team members, they favourite team memebers. You barely get hours unless you’re close with the manager.. Even higher up regional managers and Human Resources team at Bardot are ridiculous never helped me with my work issues I had they never cared! I got treated very unfairly and having a voice and stating my issues to the HR team didn’t change that. Would NOT RECOMMEND . Poor company to work for unless you fit in with the girls and are sucking up to the managers don’t work there lol
Pros
Employees discount, the Fashion
Cons
Poor management, unreasonable, unfair
Bardot is a stylish fashion boutique targeted at young women covering mostly work wear and evening wear.

- It was a buzzing atmosphere

- Friendly Staff

- Great Manager

- Overall fun and rewarding experience.

I gained experience in running a day, opening and closing the store and visual merchandising.
Flexible with work hours. They were good for progression in the company as they like when currently employees go into higher roles. Overall, good experience.
Brands vision and culture are poor.
if your not on brand you will be removed or pushed out .

no diversity in people . If you dnt fit your not right .

Poor sales and poor culture but Upper management will blame team .
Pros
great National manager and area managers
Cons
poor culture
Bullying and a very unsupportive envirnment! I was constantly felt alone in the Darwin store but when something wasn't done correctly you were the first to get into trouble. The Darwin store won 2 Christmas incentives last year and we were only given 1 of them. No visits from Regional Managers in Qld and minimal training.
Like all chain store's there is only so much self improvement available.
I feel the set up of KPI's would be better achieved as a "team" rather than individual as there are always someone circling the counter for sales whilst most of us did the hard work. This could be true of almost any store to be fair.

My experience was good and I appreciated the opportunity.
Pros
Lovely clothes
Cons
Staff discount average which makes it difficult to purchase up to date trends.
Good company culture and opportunity to move within stores and the brand if you're located in a city. Structured training and quarterly managers conferences.
Great assortment of fashion forward clothing including a cult denim range designed and made in Australia, a brand to be proud to work for.

Fast track progression opportunities
It’s a lovely space, where a resplendent peacock stands sentry atop the bar over a room of dark timber, tan leather, bentwood seats and greenery, though these first impressions are quickly tempered by a dismissive greeting and a number of reserved signs on tables in the mostly empty room – though not on the table of two three of us were crammed onto, even though we had.