Baxter Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Baxter Healthcare:

Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
A typical day at work involves alot of things happening. Firstly, you enter through the canteen to put your food there as you cannot have any food at all in the manufacturing area. Secondly, you would go to your locker to get your uniform and change to be able to enter the sterile rooms that you work in. Most people are friendly there and will say hello as you pass in the corridors, even the managers. There is a diverse culture of people that work at Baxter Healthcare which makes it interesting. Sometimes the shifts can be extended and some days you really don't feel up to it, but you do push your way through it and get there in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great friends that you made and they turned out to be fantastic work colleagues as well.
Pros
Free BBQ lunches
Cons
i ( compounding assistant) experienced a very poor management in pharmacy. Need experienced manager and Team leaders. Wasting of money by recruiting so many people and not maintaining with ground staff. No equal work hours for people because of Nationality discrimination.
Slow career growth. More on physical work. Repetitive work but good co- workers. If you are a degree holder, it is not recognise as they treat everyone the in same level.
Complete the contract assignment (FY 2018 FBT) on time with great support from the accounting staff and management
Flexible workings hours and location wise
By far the best aspect of this company was the attention to training staff. Day to day work was varied. Some days good and some days stressful. Overtime was often required and encouraged but not demanded and paid well.
Hardest part of job for me was back and shoulder pain after working in clean room cabinets.
A role here is very different depending on where you are on campus (Commercial, Finance, Supply Chain, Reg Affairs, Manufacturing, Quality, Compounding).
Desire to change and improve is there, but not acted on cohesively. Feels like everyone wants someone else to do the heavy lifting and then point out when they fail.

If you have the right manager then the satisfaction of working for a company doing something so impactful is really excellent.
Don’t work here. Poor toxic culture endorsed by inexperienced out of touch managers and team leaders . If you’re lazy and want to just get a pay check you will be happy in this toxic environment.
I was excited to work for a global health organization until I commenced working at Baxter. My manager treated me poorly and unequal to my peers. There’s no trust in management. It was a really bad experience and one that I regret leaving a permanent job of 15+ years.
it is a very good place to work in, the working condition is unique and its next to none. The staff are really friendly and focus on carryout their task dilligently. The team spirit is what I will always look foward to in any organisation.
I believe overall Baxter provides a good work environment that endeavours strong OHS requirements. The work environment was always clean and the practices preformed were always in line with what was required.
Good company lacks leadership due to cut backs ie/no warehouse manager i enjoyed my time there there will be big changes to company because there going 3rd party logistics theres good people there just lack leadership
Pros
Bbq monthly
Cons
Heavy lifting repeatedly lift up too 20 tonne a day
was part of the customer support homecare team responsible for contacting & supplying 280 - 300 allocated home patients on home nutrition & renal dialysis. Also taking incoming calls from the home patients and hospitals to process orders and follow up general enquiries. Learnt many new skills that were also required as part of the role eg processing of credits, transfers of debts, setting up patient files and learning to understand and the needs and requirements of the patients based on their medical requirements. Worked under a great Manager & team leader who were always supportive of the team when ever needed. Work place culture was of a good standard where everyone worked together as a team. Hardest part of the job was the long hours that had to be put in days due to increasing work loads. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction for helping people to make sure they received their monthly requirements for a better quality of life
Pros
opportunities to do volunteer work, internal cafe & bistro, gym facility, well set out office and meeting room facilities
Cons
Can be very busy environment but the flexibility provided is outstanding.
Company pays very well which in turn keeps employees there for long time.

On site parking, gym,canteen & cafe makes it a great environment to work in
Great company to work for, medium paced days, long hours on the phone or customers at counter, good place to work. Salary could be a bit higher, wanted to do more things in the company but opportunities didnt come along all that quick
I enjoyed working on my own and was very self motivated on the job. sadly there was no job security and that is what led to me losing my job. Overall enjoyed what I did and wish I could do it again.
Pros
Cons
Paid parking
The best warehouse team I have ever met in my warehousing experience. Learned a lot safe and quality food handling. Room for improvement in investing in proper operating system. Proper implementation of OH&S and Quality System. Hardest part of my daily job is the everyday surprises that could have been fixed by simple coordination and 10 minute discussion.
Culture was really toxic - bullying management and no job security - Melbourne office was terrible. Lots of gossip and real divide between Directors and support staff
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, toxic
Working as ANZ Supply Chain Planner and providing that great service to the technical team and our customers was one of the enjoying part of my job.
The salary and bonuses was that great.

The hardest part is when my position was made redundant because of the financial crisis.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no commetn
My typical day started at 8am and finished at 4.30pm, 4 days a week.
My role was always changing e.g; learning new phone systems, and purchasing/invoicing through new computer systems.

Our management encouraged an open workplace culture, where our input was encouraged.

The hardest part of the job was hearing a patient had passed.

I was always happy to go to work, and believed I was making a difference in patients lives.
I enjoyed all of my job tasks, same tasks, but totally different from day to day.
Redundancy was the only reason I don't work there now.

It was a shame.
Pros
Good work atmosphere, good people / staff.
Cons
You worked till tasks were completed daily.
Great big company to work for. I have learnt to be meticulous, attention for detail. I work well in a team and able to follow instructions. Many roles in the job.
Pros
christmas ham
Cons
N/a