Bay Audio Pty Ltd Employee Reviews

If your a lazy person perfect job
manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW19 May 2019
If you enjoy standing long periods of time and being bored out of your brain perfect job for you. annoying shoppers as they walk past asking if they want a hearing check thats about all you do.. managers and workers are rude and lazy and monthly pay is horrible.
Pros
good money
Cons
monthly pay, extremely boring
Disgusting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW22 January 2019
Absolutely appalling. Was made to move to a store I didn't want to go to. Unrealistic sales targets. My SOM was amazing, but a large percent of other higher ups aren't trained well enough and their overall knowledge is that of a toddler.

Very, Very, Very sales based and not much leg room if you want a personal life. They protect the clinicians with everything they have.The clinicians can get away with murder, and you're treated 2nd class to them. I was a Store Manager, And the clinician I worked with was the most unprofessional childish person I've ever worked with.

Bay Audio Cover up that they are all about sales so they don't get in trouble by ACCC. They don't care about the customer at all. I remember being told how much debt that the owners are in, like that should be our main concern.

If you want to keep your sanity and dignity. Do not, work for Bay Audio.
Pros
Cons
On your feet 9 hours a day, Unrealistic commission goals
Good experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 December 2018
Training initially was excellent, officer was very thorough with overview of what to expect. Unfortunately this slackens off after a while and you become another number just a customer spruiker. The skills you are initially employed for are thrown aside and you do not feel valued If you speak your mind as concerns are not taken seriously.
Sad to leave as I really felt I could have contributed so much more!
Pros
Great pay, some really lovely Customers.
Cons
Long hours, weekend and late nights. No time to get off your feet. No communication from Management.
Customer service and sales - Helping people!
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW17 December 2018
I get to talk to customers about doing hearing checks and now that I work here I can see that I can help people. In the early part of my role I got to sit in with a clinician and see a customer get fitted with devices and that was amazing to see their eyes light up.

We have a target to have customers do the test and that keeps us challenged to beat our previous day.

Whilst it is in retail centres it is a sales and retail role and ideal if you like working in a busy, fast paced environment where we can create success.
Pros
Busy, good incentives, helping people.
Cons
All okay for me!
A great role for me - I love it!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW16 December 2018
When I was going through the process the team talked about the chance to change lives and I was not sure but this is genuinely true when a customer is fitted with devices.

Seems to be a role that could be perfect for you so if you love talking to customers and can encourage them to take action about their hearing, you will enjoy the challenge and the role.
Pros
The people, growth industy and business & achieveable incentives
Cons
Learning a new role - like any role
Best job I've had so far
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 December 2018
Bay is a great place to work for!
They really look after their employees and provide a great path for career progression.
The best thing is that senior management is really involved and very uplifting. They really care about their staff and customers.
Great service provider
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria16 December 2018
I was taken on initially as a casual and through some hard, though not unbearable, work I progressed to an Assistant Store Manager position. It's a challenging retail role coupled with the health industry so it's unusual not you boring regular retail outlet and yes there is sales involved.
I loved my time there especially the thrill of seeing the life changing experience a customer goes through (from barely hearing to full volume!). Getting the customers into the store is tough (they are invited in for an initial free hearing check) but this helps to the success of your store.
As with anywhere, work hard and reap rewards. Management is there to help you reach your goals along with a full support team based in Sydney.
I only left as my husband was relocated overseas. Thanks Bay Audio for a wonderful chapter in my life.
Pros
Environment, Customers, my team, hours are good (retail)
Cons
Standing the entire shift initially is tough
Changing Lives the Bay Way!
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 December 2018
Bay Audio is an innovative company that, more than any other, has attempted to break down the barriers towards customers doing something about a hearing issue they may have delayed for many years. You never know what your day may be like as every one is uniquely different and this keeps it interesting! I've learnt to think on my feet and become the best clinician and person I can be in order to achieve good results. When you get to change someone's life then it all makes all the hard work worthwhile!
Pros
Compensation - best in industry as far as I know
Cons
Not for people who don't like hard work
CSO (Former Employee) –  QLD10 September 2018
Bad
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 February 2018
By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Company taken all reviews off Why would that be?
Micromanagement is an understatement for this company.
Asking to report when going on a toilet break. on the week end shifts.
Company has a huge trust issue with staff they employed.
Pros
worked alongside nice people
Cons
bad top management
disappointing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 November 2017
poor culture,
Head office is a boys club where you are either in or on your way out.
When they have a target on your head, they will keep chipping away until you get frustrated enough to leave.
there is no one to complain to, as HR are part of the culture.
If your not a sales person do not apply
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queensland9 August 2017
work load is massive, Daily complaints and rejection. If you do not have a strong personality do not apply. SALES PEOPLE ONLY. The job is all about selling hearing aids and making money. Not for young and faint hearted.
Pros
Area Trainer is lovely
Cons
Not much support
Professional customer orientated environment, with a mix of telephone and administrative duties -
Contact Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Parramatta-NSW2 November 2013
My days started with logging into 2 databases that interfaced along with outlook and the rest of the tools I used.
I started by calling people that had done a quick hearing test the day before that showed a loss-and to convince them to come into a clinic for a free in-depth hearing test-I learned Citrix while I was employed there and also worked on telephone techniques
Management was hands on, probably because they had just moved their call centre from Ballina to Parramatta.
Co-workers were always helpful,the hardest thing was outbound calling as I has never done this before and the most enjoyable was the phone aspect
Pros
discount card