Bayer Employee Reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 5,062 reviews
Overall good experience
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD4 December 2019
I worked for this company as a lab assistant for about 17 months they had good culture however it was a challenging job with little reward I however did get experience in a lab and on field
No oppatunities to advance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pinkenba QLD26 April 2018
Working for 7+ year i had to fight for any level increase i received even though i worked said level and proven competence. Career development was poor and limited to floor work even when you offer to pay any costs and only ask to gain work experience in other divisions.
If you are happy to stay in the same production role for the rest of your life this would be perfectly fine for you.
Pros
potential yearly bonus and 11% super
Cons
No career progession, High turnover on fulltime staff, Bad moral
Treated with respect and left alone
Cieaner (Former Employee) –  Queensland7 February 2018
Was employed to do a job and they kept expecting more .the new manager that come in didn’t like how things were done and was a man who talked down to your
Pros
Treated nicely by the staff
uma multinacional de ponta
Operador de Produção (Former Employee) –  New South Wales18 September 2017
um ambiente super agradável e muito envolvente,prazeroso e sutil.
Pros
refeitório perfeito
Cons
temporario
Fun place to work with grat Christmas parties
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Pymble NSW2 August 2017
Opening and closing of restaurant, catering for meetings and preparation of morning tea and lunch, stock control and ordering, wages, banking menu planning.
I learned that Bayer as a company had a very advanced thinking style and the management encouraged people to take short breaks often to clear their thinking.
The workplace culture was a very happy one with very little office politics.
The hardest part of the job was going from pen, paper and phone to computers
The most enjoyable part of the job was the great Christmas parties each year all paid for by the company at various venues across Sydney.
Pros
Monthly dinks at the local pub shouted by the company
Cons
There were none
Good people, Good work but just not many hours
Seasonal labourer (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA15 May 2017
bayer is a good place to work but since the work I did was seasonal there was no locked in work. It all depended on if I got the call at 6pm at night to hear if I had work.
Pros
good people, meeting new people
Cons
no locked in hours
Senior Demand Planner
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham VIC6 March 2017
Due to a company merger, many high level managers changed and the culture was inconsistent for many years,
Prior to the merger, Bayer was a fantastic company to work for. Work life balance was brilliant, recognition and responsibility for your actions and roles were paramount.
After the merger due to many contributing factors, there was a lot of confusion.
The current CEO has my support and I believe that Bayer is heading in the right direction.
Pros
Great team work, close knit group, supportive
Cons
Long way from suppiers, satellite country.
Excellent
Compliance Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA16 February 2017
Great family based company. Hard working team and work well with all employee's. Fair boss and include in perks and dinner meetings.
Pros
free lunches and help with work
Cons
great company to work for, friendly team
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 March 2016
I am learning all the time at Bayer, the supervisors and fellow work colleagues are only too happy to pass on their knowledge
enjoyable, challenging, working with genetic modderffied canola plants.
Labourer/Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Mt Gambier SA4 February 2016
Working with others or individually, doing general labouring jobs. Learning about agronomy and what this entails. Supervisors are willing to show you how to do and explain why we do what it is were doing.The people you work with are hard workers, there is not anything hard about this job if you are willing to work, the weather can be trying at times if it rains as you have to stop and start as the showers go through. I enjoy working out doors.
Pros
free bus from depot to work sites which you get paid for
Cons
good place to work enjoyed
Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrarie QLD17 January 2016
• Manage and supervise a team of up to eight staff to ensure customer orders are processed accurately and dispatched on time
• Maintain a focus on excellence in customer service through the speedy resolution of issues and complaints
• Provide a safe work environment and ensure staff compliance with OH&S Policy and all relevant laws and regulations
• Create and maintain a ‘correct inventory’ practice for stock and parts through SAP
• Liaise with Sales and other internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with Company strategy and corporate objectives.
best part of the role was training staff and watching the rewards the received
Pros
good benifists good people
Excellent company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Melbourne, VIC19 October 2015
Lots of fun times and very supportive with training and also family issues. I enjoyed working with my team members and learning about the business. Everybody is very welcoming and make you feel part of the Bayer family.
Pros
lots of free food.
Working with an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of people
Fleet & Travel Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY AUSTRALIA26 January 2015
I loved working at Bayer Pharmaceutical - a worldwide health organisation. Great team culture, a Company that cares. I was offered a full time role however I was unable to accept the role due to relocating to the United States.
Productive and fun place to work
Entomologist Assistant/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, QLD5 April 2014
My day in this company always started with a good chat and discussion between my supervisor, colleague and all other workers that work in the same building. Afterwards, we will discuss what we will do for the day and for the rest of the week; how we will allocate our resources and time; what possible challenges that we might encountered to complete the job. Although, every day we would be busy doing our activity there was always a time to have a good time for discussion or informal chat which I think it put everyone on the edge and good understanding with strength of each person that work in this company.

I have learnt a lot about time management, coaching & mentoring, biotech product, technology transfer and how to work in structurised timetable from my colleagues and supervisors. All of the people who work in this company are very supportive, inspiring, encouraging and objective.

During my tenure in here, I have never felt the job difficults because all of us worked together and motivated each other to get the jobs done.
Pros
work/life balance, positive environment, good compensantion & benefit
Cons
stabil organisation
I loved my job
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC15 December 2013
Worked in self directed environment and also in teams.
High volume workload within a deadline driven environment.
Hardest part of my job was when results failed and product was on back order, liaising with all the departments was very intense.
Enjoyable part was the culture of Bayer and especially in the laboratory, very positive made my work much easier most days.
Pros
Best team
Cons
Company that makes you proud working for them.
Senior Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Pymble6 September 2013
Morning greetings to my team members, log on , check e-mails action them , start entering orders received via Fax , E-mail and EDI.
You can do anything if you put your heart to it.
Always keep management in the loop with what’s happening.
Always respect your co-workers, always be a team player.
NO I in team.
I love my job but I find getting home after 18:30pm not working for my family life.
Helping people & to know when I leave for the day it was a day well done.