Bayside City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bayside City Council Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
Every day was different which is what made the job always so interesting.
The most difficult part of my job was dealing with dog attacked being an animal lover myself I found that quite hard and confronting at times.

I enjoyed being able to interact with the public and being able to help make their lives easier in any which way I could.

This job was also made a lot easier by the fact I had a great team of fellow rangers as well as office staff to always support me.
Everyone working there was like family. They are very respectful and fun people to work with.

Plenty of opportunity for career progression and overtime.
No proper training. School Crossing Supervisors should be polite and happy and talk to the children not ignore them. they must smile and be polite and not many do. I don't know if it's lack of training, supervision or the individual School Crossing Supervisor not caring. it's a very important and serious position in the community.
workplace culture wasn't the best, not a very cohesive team. As a student I didn't gain much from the experience, i feel that i was always stuck doing unimportant work
volunteering with bayside city council for their friends of reserves program and bayside community nursery has been extremely fulfilling. i have learnt so much.
Great place to work at.
Full on workload most of the time.

Fun team to work with.

Flexible work hours.

Plenty of parking.

Departments all work well together.

Plenty of chances to socialise at lunch times - Social club lunches.
Didn't really enjoy my time here as I had little to no control over my work, mainly due to the nature of the work itself rather than issues with management.
Working in both a team and individually
Handling barking dog complaints

Where possible, returing animals to their rightful lwners.

When necessary inpoundment of animals

Park patrol - handing out respectful managment of animals pamphlets, facilitating complience with relevant animal management legislation (unregistered animals, dogs off leash, wandering dogs, excess animals.

When necessary taking care of injured animals including taking to vet for treatment

Managing/responding to dog attacks
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
Dealing with non complience/issuing fines
While it was only for a season, it was a great experience to help develop young netballers skills and game experience. While we didn't have many wins, the girls greatly developed their skills and were always thankful for my coaching. It was honour to help contribute and coach/
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayside City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2