BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Productive slow paced
Debtors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 July 2019
Productive , on a day to day basis , however no room for growth.

good grounds for a learning experiencing , slow paced.

Benefits have fallen away , and the increase is bad.
See below
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virtual10 July 2019
No ping pong table. Work from home so barely acknowledged . Never met a human face and felt like just a number. Its all about numbers folks they don't give a flying f*** about you! Depends on what supervisor you get some are good and others... well good luck! That is all.
Siempre tratando de mejorar
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Local19 June 2019
Constantemente trata de mejorar y estar a la altura que le corresponde.
Pros
Ambiente de Trabajo
Cons
Distancia
operation
Team Leader - Operations (Current Employee) –  handling big account19 June 2019
Good company to work and take care for employee and provide good training to employees and company system is good to work with all other extra benefit.
I throughly enjoyed my 23 1/2 years with BCD Travel
Sr Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX18 June 2019
I had wonderful travel benefits as well as health, 401K and vision and dental benefits. It's a great company to work for!. I'm so thankful I had the privilege to work there.
Pros
Vendor sponsored lunches, breakfasts and on-site events.
Cons
None that I ever encountered.
Good opportunity for advancement
Senior Business Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull13 June 2019
Work as Travel Consultant, expected to take travel enquiries for business travellers, abiding by their company budget and policies, which means you have to have the ability to think fast on your feet. Great management, supportive HR department and good moral with colleagues
Pros
Being part of a team and some travel perks
Cons
Desk job
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile
Impiegata in ufficio turistico (Former Employee) –  Cali1 June 2019
È un posto di lavoro dove ogni giorno puoi imparare
buenas oportunidades de crecimiento personal
Practicante profesional (6 meses) (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Cundinamarca29 May 2019
Ingreso 7:00 am, salida 5:00 pm, generación de informes de todo tipo como retornos de comisión, reportes de facturación, informes gerenciales BI entre otros, encontraba allí diversidad de culturas y personalidades; Lo mas difícil del trabajo eran los informes gerenciales ya que se usaban diferentes cruces de información y formulas muy tediosas, y lo que mas me gusto fue aprender a manejar diferentes programas administrativos y profundizar mis conocimientos en excel.
Pros
Seguro medico privado
Great Company Depending On Account
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 May 2019
I absolutely love BCD Travel as a company but I don't like the account I am on and we cannot change accounts for a year. My account offers no room for growth and they have poor management skills. If you get a good account you will love the job!
Human Size
Vice President Sales, EMEA (Former Employee) –  Paris29 May 2019
Lots of conference calls and managing global bids.

Interacting with difficult cultures.

Losing more than what you won.

The team. Great bunch of people. Very close.

Work hard/play hard type of culture.
Opprotunites of growth
Call Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO28 May 2019
BCD Travel is a travel management company, not just a travel agency. Employees have plenty of opportunities to advance without a college degree and have done so. .
Pros
Limited Opportunities
Cons
You can get stagnated if you get placed under a terrible leader.
Ambiente laboral
Cargo ocupado Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.28 May 2019
El ambiente laboral es complicado, no necesariamente malo, pero definitivamente no es bueno
Looks good looking in but things change quickly. If you make less than 25$ per hour you are dumb. They take advantage of you. Forcing overtime.
Travel counselor (Current Employee) –  Virtual27 May 2019
Don't settle for less than 25.00 per hour. It's good pay but you better be ready! I started there at 25 dollars per hour and only got 2 percent raises but that's if they like you. Lots of favoritism those are the ones that advance. Pay and work from home is great just don't get sick dont take of your children even though she was in hospital instead just a F off you don't meet business need. Very hurtful and was there 12 years!!!
Pros
Good pay. 25 per hour
Cons
Not as flexible as they say. You better not get sick. Dont get FMLA you will be done.
Good workplace when u work from home, but improve y’all healthcare!
Central Ticketing Online Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO23 May 2019
Working for BCD was very peaceful because I stayed to myself. I’m friendly but not too friendly. I greet everyone and treat them the same. However those people deserve a raise. The health care should be changed from united health group. Give those people something affordable. Bcd should recognize their staff more often, not just during employee appreciation month. After trying to relocate to a different department within the company, I’ve finally gave my notice from being rejected. When I was more than qualified to fill the positions I applied for. I felt trapped so I quit.
Productive and fun place to work ....
Director, Back Office Systems (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 May 2019
However the company is/was top heavy in upper management, especially with upper level managers that did not want to work but off load to those that report to them while they take the credit.
Low pay, disorganized and no morale.
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canada23 April 2019
This company is so disorganized. Throws employees onto accounts with barely any training. They make promises to train and help but it never happens. 3 team members have left in the past few months and they don’t replace them. Management wonders why customers are frustrated with hold times and employees are stressed out. Management and supervisors are constantly in conference calls or do not disturb which makes it impossible to get assistance from them. Pay is pretty low with no bonuses or incentives. Company is very virtual which is cool but it is hard to get to know your coworkers or management as they are all scattered around the country.
Pros
Vacation, supplier visits
Cons
Pay, culture, management, training.
An overall good working environment
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 April 2019
BCD was generally a very good place to work. The hours were flexible and working remotely was encouraged. Management style was to allow employees to do their work with limited oversight. However there were no opportunities for promotion for someone at my level.
Corporate Travel Consultant (Agent) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2019
Bcd Canada, is a good place to work, casual environment you get the support and help you need to get your work done. You might have to stay some few minutes after your shift to complete your work.
BCD is a nice place to work with
Senior Consultant Corporate Travel (Current Employee) –  Singapore4 April 2019
Using new tools and applications
Experiencing different client queries
Encouraging management to the staff
Targeting the KPI's and SLA
Overseas training will be interesting
permiten trabajar desde casa
Global Compliance Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Virtual, Monterrey15 March 2019
Tiene horarios flexibles y trabajos virtuales. Excelente convivencia laboral en multiples eventos organizados por la empresa. Clima laboral agradable.
Pros
Horarios Flexibles
Cons
no cuenta con estacionamiento gratuito

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCD Travel. Our community is ready to answer.