BDO

Australia15 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,564 reviews

A good place to start

I started in Assurance and it was a good place to learn and develop. Culture was good but can be high pressure when it comes to busy season. Colleagues are all supportive as we are in it together

Work place is nice

Work place is nice but the reception are no good supervisor are not in good attitude. Other works are nice and you can get free drinks and biscuits in the office

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

15 hours

Unfreundliches Arbeitsklima

Schlechtes Arbeitsklima, schlechte Kommunikation, Kein Fokus auf Mitarbeiterimprovement, keiner Grüßt auf den Fluren, Unfreundliches Miteinander

Cons

Keine Zusatzleistungen

Schlecht

Unfreundliche Kollegen Inkompetente Partner und Führungsstil

Pros

Keine

Cons

Schlechte Arbeitsatmosphäre

A collaborative and inspirational environment

The firm, overall, is very supportive and diverse. I honestly looked forward to coming in each day to a new challenge. I can also say that there is a genuine work- life balance. I highly recommend BDO.

Professional and fun workplace

This work place is very friendly and professional. The employees are kind and corporative as well as the partners. It is an easy going work environment.

Cons

Far from home

Productive and innovative audit practice

BDO provided a great space to work and grow. They are very supportive of post-graduate studies and provide excellent training throughout the year. Great atmosphere and an excellent place to work.

Didn't enjoy consulting

Public practice is not for me. I did not enjoy the consulting side of accounting. I am definitely a more numbers minded person. Also, I was pigeonholed into GST consulting straight away given my Law background.

Pros

Young and fun workplace

Cons

Not the accounting I enjoy

I love working

I am a very hard working person in a stressful situations. Also I love to work as a team and take their advises to improve my work. I can manage two or more tasks at any time.

work life balance

great work life balance and exposure to a wide range of clients. great team environment along with learning and development opportunities made available.

lack of training

No training provided or support when asked. Very 'stuffy' culture and a very high turn around of staff. Managers weren't very nice to work for, however the support staff were ok

Fun place to work with good work culture

- Fast paced work environment - Publishing news on the Intranet, going through emails, building pages, going through projects - Collaborative work place with hotdesking, so it would take at least 10 mins to setup your workplace everyday - Having a great team - Got to work on some interesting projects.

Pros

Free fruit basket everyday, free drinks every Friday

Ok

It's an OK place to work providing you're in a clique. If not it's not nice. Management don't want to rock the boat with those who have been there longer than others and tend not to be interested providing the work gets done.

Nice trucks falls down in management

Good work, very demanding with timeslots at all times in the morn. Some work very monotonous, but overall a fun place to work. The other drivers (bar a couple) made the job more fun.

Pros

good xmas parties

Cons

Very long hours

Great People. Excellent exposure.

While there are many challenges posed at the company, hard work and dedication prevailed to achieve success on all projects. A strong involvement from management ensured we drive our staff to perform well. However with a high turnover of staff and a fast growing business, many restrictions are placed on management to achieve our objectives. A recent massive increase in workload has also necessitated incredibly long hours at management level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BDO