BDO Employee Reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 1,113 reviews
Productive and innovative audit practice
Intermediate Accountant Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 February 2017
BDO provided a great space to work and grow. They are very supportive of post-graduate studies and provide excellent training throughout the year. Great atmosphere and an excellent place to work.
Didn't enjoy consulting
Indirect Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2017
Public practice is not for me. I did not enjoy the consulting side of accounting. I am definitely a more numbers minded person. Also, I was pigeonholed into GST consulting straight away given my Law background.
Pros
Young and fun workplace
Cons
Not the accounting I enjoy
I love working
Audit trainee at BDO Audit Firm (Former Employee) –  srilanka23 November 2016
I am a very hard working person in a stressful situations. Also I love to work as a team and take their advises to improve my work. I can manage two or more tasks at any time.
work life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Australia26 September 2016
great work life balance and exposure to a wide range of clients. great team environment along with learning and development opportunities made available.
lack of training
EA to Bus. Recovery & Insolv (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 August 2016
No training provided or support when asked. Very 'stuffy' culture and a very high turn around of staff. Managers weren't very nice to work for, however the support staff were ok
Fun place to work with good work culture
Digital Project Coordinator/Content Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney14 July 2015
- Fast paced work environment
- Publishing news on the Intranet, going through emails, building pages, going through projects
- Collaborative work place with hotdesking, so it would take at least 10 mins to setup your workplace everyday
- Having a great team
- Got to work on some interesting projects.
Pros
Free fruit basket everyday, free drinks every Friday
Ok
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD29 June 2015
It's an OK place to work providing you're in a clique. If not it's not nice. Management don't want to rock the boat with those who have been there longer than others and tend not to be interested providing the work gets done.
Nice trucks falls down in management
OWNER DRIVER STEVE BIRD TRANSPORT (Former Employee) –  Epping, Melbourne16 June 2015
Good work, very demanding with timeslots at all times in the morn. Some work very monotonous, but overall a fun place to work. The other drivers (bar a couple) made the job more fun.
Pros
good xmas parties
Cons
Very long hours
Great People. Excellent exposure.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC25 January 2014
While there are many challenges posed at the company, hard work and dedication prevailed to achieve success on all projects.

A strong involvement from management ensured we drive our staff to perform well.

However with a high turnover of staff and a fast growing business, many restrictions are placed on management to achieve our objectives.
A recent massive increase in workload has also necessitated incredibly long hours at management level.