Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from BDO:

BDO Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
A collaborative and inspirational environment
The firm, overall, is very supportive and diverse. I honestly looked forward to coming in each day to a new challenge. I can also say that there is a genuine work- life balance. I highly recommend BDO.
Professional and fun workplace
This work place is very friendly and professional. The employees are kind and corporative as well as the partners. It is an easy going work environment.
Cons
Far from home
Productive and innovative audit practice
BDO provided a great space to work and grow. They are very supportive of post-graduate studies and provide excellent training throughout the year. Great atmosphere and an excellent place to work.
Didn't enjoy consulting
Public practice is not for me. I did not enjoy the consulting side of accounting. I am definitely a more numbers minded person. Also, I was pigeonholed into GST consulting straight away given my Law background.
Pros
Young and fun workplace
Cons
Not the accounting I enjoy
I love working
I am a very hard working person in a stressful situations. Also I love to work as a team and take their advises to improve my work. I can manage two or more tasks at any time.
work life balance
great work life balance and exposure to a wide range of clients. great team environment along with learning and development opportunities made available.
lack of training
No training provided or support when asked. Very 'stuffy' culture and a very high turn around of staff. Managers weren't very nice to work for, however the support staff were ok
Fun place to work with good work culture
- Fast paced work environment
- Publishing news on the Intranet, going through emails, building pages, going through projects

- Collaborative work place with hotdesking, so it would take at least 10 mins to setup your workplace everyday

- Having a great team

- Got to work on some interesting projects.
Pros
Free fruit basket everyday, free drinks every Friday
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BDO?
Ok
It's an OK place to work providing you're in a clique. If not it's not nice. Management don't want to rock the boat with those who have been there longer than others and tend not to be interested providing the work gets done.
Nice trucks falls down in management
Good work, very demanding with timeslots at all times in the morn. Some work very monotonous, but overall a fun place to work. The other drivers (bar a couple) made the job more fun.
Pros
good xmas parties
Cons
Very long hours
Great People. Excellent exposure.
While there are many challenges posed at the company, hard work and dedication prevailed to achieve success on all projects.

A strong involvement from management ensured we drive our staff to perform well.

However with a high turnover of staff and a fast growing business, many restrictions are placed on management to achieve our objectives.

A recent massive increase in workload has also necessitated incredibly long hours at management level.