Be Interactive
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Be Interactive Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews
This company is full of great people that only want to see you do we'll, which is a great feeling and unlike any other job I've experienced. The opportunity to come into this with no experience and create a career for yourself within in a short period of time is amazing too.
I applied at Be Interactive with the notion that this is a marketing gig. They have advertised the job as "face to face" marketing and "events promotions".
Having worked in the marketing industry before, I thought I had an idea of what the job would be like. However, I felt a tad misled.

What they claim to be face-to-face marketing is strictly correct, but the more appropriate term for the job is door-to-door marketing and on-the-spot selling.

Basically, they want you to sell raffle tickets to businesses. And then in about 9 months, you can manage people who will then sell the raffle tickets, and then eventually reach upper management.

It was made clear that they need more managers, but refuse to hire managers because... well "everyone starts at the bottom". Clearly this is the business model that is the most cost-effective to them, as they don't want to pay a salary for a manager, but rather have everyone make money through commissions.

Additionally, when I asked for a sample contract/employment agreement, I was asked why I needed it, and when I explained that I wanted to see the fine print in understanding how the compensation+comission works and also other employment-related concerns, the interviewer said, "well it's what I told you". The lack of transparency, from the job ad itself to the employment agreement, has discouraged me from continuing.

Lastly, the interviewer himself has stated that the job is usually for college students who want to make extra money, backpackers, people who want some experience then moving on. So again, framing that there
 - more...
Pros
Young team, seems like a supportive culture, lots of things to learn, and plenty of opportunities
Cons
Start from the bottom with no regard to your industry experience.
I came from a trade back ground not knowing a thing about sales. The professional team at Be Interactive really treated me as someone that they really saw potential in, paying attention to things I can work on and help me achieve my own goals! The people there are real supportive and great to be around!
If you are driven, dedicated and goal oriented this place will be perfect. The job focuses on being positive, having fun! the more fun you have the more money you make. Salary is completely dependent on how much effort and work you want to put in.
It is great to work for a company that is open to new ideas and has a growing mindset. Management is dedicated to everyone’s development of job skills, personal goals and has an open-door policy, so there is support whenever needed. They are so grateful and appreciative, and it's a truly wonderful feeling. I thoroughly enjoyed building relationships with the whole team. For anyone looking for an opportunity to progress in Sales and Marketing and/or acquire leadership, problem solving, time management and other skills this is a remarkable opportunity.
Co workers are all very kind and supportive, relaxed environment, and there is plenty to learn from those around you. A professional outlook on work and goal orientated.
It was a fun and exciting environment with the best people and mentors. As much as it is a team-based environment it is also extremely independent. I gained so much confidence and found so much of myself through my time there. The workplace culture is strong and solid and encouraging. The harder you work the more you gain. If you give 100%, your team and mentors will give twice as much back. There is constant growth. It can be a stressful environment and it can be hard to balance work and home but finding that balance is important and will help you to continue to thrive.
I worked at Be Interactive whilst carrying out my studies.
It provide me with hands on experience to help compliment my Uni studies.

I was able to sample different aspects of the business and it gave me a clearer insight into my future career.
Using the names of charities in order to get sales, while misleading customers who think the money they're donating is going to the charities when really it goes to management and salespeople.
I was asked to come in for a interview and not told until I was out on the field about what I would be selling. Be Interactive makes money off charitable organisations I was promised a sales position but ended up selling raffle tickets, You are door knocking and pitching people in the street. Be Interactive claims they will provide you a learning environment and a good entry level role but within my first week of a sales position because I was not turning over large sums of money the environment and the people became very uncomfortable. I would not recommend this place. And also.. THEY NEVER PAID ME FOR A WEEK OF WORK!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Be Interactive?
Fast paced and vibrant sales company with great clients. A typical day would involve a morning speech from one of the managers, some sales practice with colleagues, before heading out to one of the locations, setting up a stall for a product and spending the day talking to passers by in order to sell that product
Friendly culture with like minded people!
The team push for you to be your best and grow professionally and personally to meet your own goals as well as the goals for the business. I love working here and see myself progressing in the future to do bigger things within the company.
This is not a marketing job at all. It's knocking door-to-door and cold-calling to try make sales but they won't tell you this until your first day on the job. All commission-based so if you don't make any sales, you don't make any money.
Wasn't for me but great people, supportive environment. Commision based so if you aren't great straight away you'll get minimum pay for long hours. Don't apply for job if you arent living in Melbourne City.
I was in Frankston, left at 5:30am, sometimes wouldn't get home until 8:30pm, earliest was 7.

Emotionally and mentally exhausting to be 100% positive to everyone you talked to all day, everyday, no matter the awful treatment. They constantly talked about "safeguarding your attitiude" to give you an idea.

Expensive buying lunches, transport, money towards tablet for work. beProgressive and performance based so if youre a natural you'll do great and earn lots of money. Work culture is very money driven so if you have any other job satisfaction you will feel very uncomfortable and a misfit.
This company was very misleading in the way they advertise for new employees, they are vague and don't really explain the roll until they take you 'out in the field'. They have nothing to do with public relations or marketing. Purely sales unlike what they wrote in the job description.
Great company to work for!
Very fun and exciting office environment to work in. Providing future opportunities for growth and advancement. The company sets team objectives which they recognise and reward staff for achieving.
The ongoing support and team culture at Be Interactive is fantastic! An atmosphere starting at management all the way down, it is a workplace where you feel focused, and motivated while most of all having an absolute blast. Great vibes all round!
Pros
Team social events, great culture!
Cons
Absolutely none!
Be Interactive is a great company to work for. Different to any company ive worked for before. I love the fact that all promotion is done from within the business, and you are rewarded and recognized for the hard work you put in.
Everyone in the business couldnt be nicer or any more helpful, theyve all been in the same position that new people are in, and they coulsnt be happier to help eachother reach their goals.
Pros
Work hard and its very easy to reach the goals you have set foe tourself in life.
Making money and having fun while doing it. What more can you want. Taught everything about leadership and how to grow within the business along the way. Great opportunity and looking forward to the future here.
Cons
The environment worked in is next to none. You work along side of a while group of inspiring and motivating people. You are given skills that would only normally be taught in University and shown the ways to be successful. It is very self driven but an extremely motivating career opportunity.
Pros
Everything the company is about
Cons
Incredible working environment, coming from a trade background to everyone high fiving on a Monday has been the greatest experience so far career wise!
Pros
Great support from everyone if you ask for it! Incredible progression path!
Cons
No real cons, with this business it all comes down to you!