Beacon Lighting Employee Reviews

SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  North Sydney NSW14 March 2019
No day is the same, sometimes could be challenging. But the management is helpful and motivation. On a very difficult month achieve targets could be difficult but not impossible. Working with the helpful team is the best part of this job.
Good environment, friendly co-workers, enjoyed the sales aspect
LIGHTING SPECIALIST AND ACCREDITED CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2019
I really enjoy working at Beacon Lighting overall, it is a good working environment and has very friendly people who work there. The only downside to working there was there is management issues in the specific store I am working in and they cut my hours from 5 days a week to every second weekend because the store was incredibly quiet and couldn't afford to keep the casuals on.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, achievable sales targets and KPIs
Cons
Not enough hours, management issues
Productive Team Orientated Environemtn
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC1 November 2018
During my time at Beacon Lighting i was provided with in depth training and was given the chance to strengthen my sales abilities whilst building new relationships across a broad range of customers and companies.
Fun place to work, Perfect if you don't mind working weekends
Sales associate & Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2018
Beacon is pretty much a perfect work place, aside from being committed to working every second Saturday and sunday. Management is good and the incentives make it easy to earn extra money.
Pros
Fun, relaxed, can make commision
Cons
Work weekends
Great managmenet but less scope of advancement.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crows Nest NSW8 January 2018
Job is great . Helps to learn a lot of skills, since you come across clients and customer on daily basis. A fun place with a great team. The management is very supportive and motivates associates to tackle difficult situation with guidance.
Great place to be
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS8 December 2017
Customer service is important and learned to deal with variety of characters that sometimes you feel like to scream. But smile is the best policy and most understood language.
There is no hard job, if you know and enjoy what you are doing and great atmosphere to work. Time flies.
Everyone seemed to be responsible in their own area without any problems. Lunch time is up to you as long as we don’t go all at the same time (negotiable who’s going first).
We had bad manager once ( only 6 months) but we all managed really well.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
No cons
nice environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Belrose NSW13 September 2017
nice people. nice environment good workplace culture, enjoyable when helping customers choose nice lights. some heavy lifting and some very late nights and long shifts.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
long hours and heavy lifting
It's okay
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC4 August 2017
Beacon management is unfair in some circumstances, however the culture that the company wants to create is amazing and is passed through all their online learning. In terms of career advancement it isnt easy because all higher up is mainly family. But I wouldn't want to anyway because from what I'm aware of the salary isn't worth it for the amount of issues the manager has to deal with, especially because some products aren't as quality as promised when they're released. Top management doesn't see this as a problem though.
Fairly average sale job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belrose NSW19 July 2017
Beacon have an online training package that you can log into during work hours. There was also on the job training to learn about individual products. A typical day would be to come and check emails and orders, get any deliveries sorted out and then clean and attend to the show room floor. Customer service is always the priority. The hardest part of the job was remembering 6 digit sky # for each product. The most enjoyable part was helping people to find a solution to their lighting needs.
Pros
learning about the lighting industry. Reward program ( Beacon $)
Cons
Not much help form management and inconsisten training.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coburg VIC16 June 2017
No day was the same
I learnt different management techniques from the different store managers
Was a fun place to work
Most enjoyable part of the job was when customers would come back with photos of their homes once the lighting was complete.
was very fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Gosford NSW27 April 2017
working at beacon lighting was very rewarding. I loved helping customers with house plans to fit out the lights they needed and even down to side lamps to create the look they were looking for.
Massive Pressure to Sell
Customer/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD6 April 2017
Although the employees and manager where both fantastic and helpful, the culture to sell as much as possible was a let down. Also as a new higher you are thrown in the deep end with little training as not enough staff are available to help you learn the ropes and teach you. This may just be because of the location of the store and the busyness of it instead of any ingrained culture or the like but it made it very difficult to properly train yourself to the same standards as everyone else
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Sink or swim culture.
A great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park SA20 March 2017
Beacon are great to work for, however I took on the job as a permanent casual, but I would love to work for them Full time or permanent part time, as in the quieter months I do not really earn enough to contribute to the family budget.
They have great people, a clean friendly and safe workplace, and an awesome team culture where you are truly valued. Support and training are also excellent.
Pros
Awesome company to work for
Cons
Casual hours can be as little as 16 hours a fortnight
Fantastic enviroment to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 October 2016
I am currently employed at beacon lighting and love going to work every day. I work with an amazing team. I have advanced from casual team member to store manager in five years .there is a lot of product knowledge to learn and every day is different. I love the challenges of ensuring customers get the perfect lighting needs for their home or business. I would recommend working at Beacon Lighting to anyone who prides themselves on their sales skills, customer service, outgoing personality and their ability to learn and retain knowledge.
Pros
Great training, supportive managent, excellent bonus schemes.
ok sales job with very flawed management
Showroom Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA22 June 2016
very technical sales role, a large range of stock and very high knowlegde expected by the demanding customers.

when the store management was working with the staff as a team it was a dynamic role. very demanding and complex with some of the rudest customers I've ever dealt with.

sadly corporate management viewed any stores' failings as the fault of the store and its management. regardless of the actual cause, which was often their systems and processes.

for the last few years i was in the store all staff from managers to casuals were looking for other work. bullying is also an issue
Pros
dynamic, lots to learn
Cons
no support, lots of aggression, poor culture
Great learning experinces
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2016
It's a sales job with a more retail aspects.
Beacon lighting does not take great care of its employees unless you are a store manager, you are expected to do most of their job while they write emails most of the day and then get scorned for missing one thing when you do a great job. its very "i am not on shift tomorrow so it's no longer my problem" culture as well, not a lot of team work but once you find a good team the vibe is very different but usually its the difference between a good and or lazy manager.
Pros
learning, personal goals
Cons
bad management, lazy workers, poor rostering.
Really
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD1 May 2016
My cv shows in excess of 12 years face to face sales experience in a fast paced and highly regulated field judged on sales results in both unit numbers and gross in addition ALL customers are asked by both the manufacturer and direct employer to rate their purchasing experience ... less than 94% satisfaction results in termination .... and I cannot get an interview with Beacon Lighting !!!!
Good company to work for
ASM & Trade Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 March 2016
I really enjoyed my job. Dealing with customers who are doing the last piece of their new home.

They have caring managers who try and help you towards moving up in the company,
Pros
Making peoples homes light up.
Cons
The head office being in melbourne
Nice clean place to work
Sales (casual) (Current Employee) –  Launceston TAS26 October 2015
Team work, staff supporting each other, meeting sales targets.
Up to date with Lighting solutions , LED's

Wanting advanced sales training

Most enjoyable is the customers.
Pros
Online e-learning
Cons
na
Brilliant experience, fantastic company, employed for 6.5 years and have been loyal, honest and worked to the highest of integrity.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  perth then Darwin30 April 2015
Have loved working for Beacon 6.5 years however have found past 2 years in Darwin the instability of management makes for a very bad experience. However it is a great company, wages are ok if you don't have experience. Support and training lacks . Good for new school leaver or people who like work place agreements.
Pros
Supportive company
Cons
low wages