Beacon Lighting Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baldivis11 February 2014
I love working at Beacon so much and i really hope to progress into part time or full time employment with them. It is such enjoyable work and you are learning everyday.
Pros
Awesome group of employee's
Cons
Not enough hours
I really enjoy the customer relations, and meeting new people.
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Southside/underwood28 November 2012
Beacon Lighting hasn't taught me anything I didn't already know. There is no room for advancement, especially in the store I was in as it is a francise store. I learned to late that the more you do, the less your team members do. There was no bonus or acknowledgement for exceeding your budget. After a while you feel worthless. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer satisfaction and interaction, and leaving for home every night. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach staff the company policies with OH&S, and watching them fail after a training session.
Always enjoy the Interior Design aspect and fresh new ideas in store
Accredited Lighting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fountain Gate11 October 2012
I open and close the store most mornings, ensure each till ballances for the day ahead. Follow up any e-mails that have been sent over night including purchase orders for key trade accounts, delayed arrival dates of stock currently on order and many more. I also look after interstore transfers ensuring they are correct for the end of month procedures. I work with the store owner, Store manager and Assistant manager, there is myself and then the casuals to cover shifts and weekend work. For me, the hardest part is understanding a few particular requirments when running outdoor lighting. The most enjoyable is being able to see your completed home lighting design plans and the satisfied customer.
Pros
close location to home
Cons
working full weekends