Beaumont Tiles
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Beaumont Tiles Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
Challenging yet rewarding much of the time. Many obstacles and a competitive market. Strong customer focus. Going through significant change with new systems
greta place to work, job was effected by Covid 19. relaxed environment. typical day was tidying the showroom, selling tiles and sorting displays. ticketing. ordering tiles and organising delivers and much much more
The particular Beaumont tiles I worked for was family owned and as such, I was always on the outside and the siblings got days off, higher pay rates, special treatment in general.
Great team environment, all very welcoming.Good management that often check in with how you are. Learnt a lot about tiles,and gained confidence with dealing with difficult clients.
The whole warehouse is all about kpi and mangerment is only about them self i worked there for 6 years and for my last year i was injuryed and off work with surgery and they tryed not paid me they were not there for me as worker as i was fulltime.
Challenging and rewarding, Franchises are challenging because you are working usually with the business owners and it is thier personal money involved.
Be careful when starting to work with Beamount tiles.
They try to rip you off, they did not pay me regular every fortnight. Most of time they had 3 to 4 weeks deal to payment. Very Street full and not quite honest with customers. I just work with them 3 months, however have no gotten last two weeks payment .

Highly recommended do not involve with

them special with Lewisham branch.
Not a job that I would recommend for the elderly,it's a young person's job,alot of heavy lifting and deadlines in picking orders,very fast paced.a very safety organisaed company,a little bit over the top,but a steady 38hr week, management can be pushy...
It's not a company I would recommend to friends. No job security. No real manager that you can rely on. Everyone is a manager there. Everyone cutting each others troughs.No longer a friendly work place
Work life balance. Good learning experience. People are nice. Easy to get to work because there is a bus stop right in front of the office. Management is okay
Beaumont tiles was a great place to work.
This is a very competitive environment, both within the company and externally.

Most of the clients are easy to work with.
I enjoyed work very much, I enjoy the people, the mood that I would walk into every day no matter the shift I was doing, the work itself I enjoyed because I was well trained in it.

It all took a sudden change when we went through new management. We lost a lot of valuable and hard working people.

I learnt many things about a warehouse and working in that industry, also how much management impacts a company.
Walk the showroom to make sure everything was in its place and presentable for the customers. Check computer system for and deleted items and remove from display if stock is no longer available.
Check that all orders are ready and accessible in the warehouse. Load and unload trucks, load customers cars as they coming in through out the day.

Breakdown pallets that come from bulk warehouse and sort out customer orders ready for collection.

Order any product i.e. glues, grout, trims, for warehouse stock.

Attend to customers and quote tiles for their new home or renovations.

Reconcile purchase orders and invoices for the month. And go out to customers houses to quote onsite.

I had learnt a lot about tiles at the tile because I was new to this product.

Management was fantastic very friendly, understanding and helpful.

Work place culture was fantastic lots of fun and laughter with work colleges and management.

Leaving one store to relocate to another.

Seeing my work colleges everyday and making a customer happy with their selection of tiles for their home.
Pros
Great work colleges, suprise birthday cakes, lunches and the Xmas parties
Cons
Leaving to relocate to another store and then leave the company all together
Company with strong growth. Well known and a good hold on the market place. Work hard and play hard. Good culture. Strong on customer care and excellent products.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very Long Hours
Since day one my peers have been so helpful and supportive. Thier values are what every work place should practice.The pay rate is good.
They are caring and understanding
*easy to work for them, if you commit and give your best
*not many hard tasks

*good hours and overtime opportunities

*okay salary

*chances of meeting good people.
Pros
Clean place to work, good schedules, easy going people.
Cons
50-50 managment
Showroom Upkeep, Quoting, chasing up Quotes, Stock control, Stock display, Support Products (glues and grouts etc) knowledge and sales.
All of these aspects you are given training in and the training is on going, ensuring your knowledge is current.
Pros
It was exciting to put together tile designs for home builds and renovations
Cons
I never did like the Saturday work, but that's retail for you.
The pay could be better considering the targets you consistently work towards are often unrewarded.
The product pricing is much higher than a lot of competitors making it hard to justify the money when trying to close a sale with money savvy home renovators.
Pros
Free coffee
Answering phones, helping clients with there selections, processing orders, chasing up suppliers, booking deliveries, sorting out customer complaints, maintaining presentation of the showroom, replying to emails.

close net work environment .

I gain enjoyment and job satisfaction from been able to assist my clients need with our great range of bathroom products and tiles.
Pros
great products friendly culture
Cons
week end work could be more flexible.
I do not wish to make comment

I don't feel it is appropriate to comment publically on the organisation any such conversation should be held confidentially.
As I helped in the set up of the office and procedures it was great to see it all come together.

My strength is usually going into a place of work and fixing up a mess.

Was fun to start from scratch.
Pros
People
Cons
Distance to travel to work