BECA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
BECA Employee Review

Working as a team, value client relationship, align oneself with the organisation and clients strategic vision for successful implementation of projec

31 March 2014
I am a Power Systems Engineer with solid 6 years experience in Power Transmission and distribution industry. I specialise in Power SCADA and Secondary systems design. At Beca, I have also led the SCADA and communications team. I have been involved in several key projects and a typical day at work involves, managing project and deliverables, assigning budgets and tasks to junior engineers, planning delivery of project, creating a robust programme to meet deadlines, communicating with client and stakeholders at Beca. Undertaking technical reviews and carrying out detail design. Preparing of proposals and bids. Preparing detail design and installation specification documents. In the past 6 years I have done very high level concept designs, prepared standards for clients and always aligned myself with the clients long term strategic goals. Focussed on high level quality while doing detail design. I manage myself and projects by setting out key milestone deliverables and dates to ensure I am meeting my commitments. I create a robust program with key task and deadlines to track progress. I am very process orientated and I deal with co-workers in a very professional manner. I am a team player and I am firm believer in open communication with colleagues to make sure individuals are aware of their tasks and work packages. The hardest part of a job is managing change as design changes during projects impacts scope, program and capital cost. However I have overcome this by making sure that I keep myself in line with the clients strategic goals and I am communicating with - more...