Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews

Australia427 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 427 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,309 reviews

Yes its a ride but a good one thanks again bechtel

Its been a great experience and fun, working with a great set of people and sharing ideas it was great meeting people that are long time friends this is what I call a great environment to work in thanks again, Bechtel.

Key position or welding department staff

The hardest part of my job in wheatstone project when the two supervisor ( one is new supervisor and one is old) have opposite instruction that they need to implement….

Well balanced company to work for.

Friendly, fast paced yet extremely safety conscious. Management are very accommodating and well skilled within their respective fields of expertise.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Nothing that isn’t expected in the industry

Depends what project and management team

Bechtel is a great company to work for if you get the right team together. Fast paced work environment making big projects happen, if you get in with the right management.

Good and satisfied

Would work for them again, had a good crew and good supervision. Enjoyed the work and got job satisfaction from completing the projects and tasks we were given. Over all we had a good crew that worked as a team.

Fun workplace

Awesome company to work for ..Worked with Bechtel on numerous LNG Plants in the construction and commisioning phases. Very interesting and heaps of job satisfaction.Highly recommended. One of the best companies in the game...

Pros

Genuine care for employees

cant be trusted.

A bunch of wanky yankees that have no consideration for the individual,All they care about is themselves and getting the job finished.They talk about safety but if they can get away without it they will turn a blind eye.

Good money not family friendly roster

Good money 4 week roster too long when only getting 5 days off because of flying home and back to work other then that enjoyed my time at Wheatstone project

Be Aware

Worked for this company for over 10 years. If you don't know people in the company or have a sponser to get you to your next project your wasting your time. Some of the people they have in Human Resources in Australia have no idea, some are really are out of their depth but yet they are still there, it just goes to show if you are welling to do some brown-nosing you might get that promotion. The Bechtel family are a great family, its the management team, especially the Corporate teams in Australia that let the company down. They are ripping the company off, while paid to hide on projects with no real job for them, again boils down to who you know. Was once a great place to work, people that are 50 years and older looking for career progression or long term employment should certainly looks elsewhere, Until the good old Boy/Girls club is still dictating who gets a job and who doesn't is finally realized this company will remain not a good place to work. Well known that others are allowed to take credit for others hard work, this is reflected in the bonuses given each year.

Pros

Pay, Family owned, Accommodation

Cons

Nepotism, favoritism

Honest, ethical: family company, no-BS culture

This company does not just talk about doing the right thing, they treat you well. If you are able to be flexible (travel!) and have the right skills in Engineering, Procurement, Construction or Management, go for it. But be aware it's project-driven, so you'll probably get laid off when the project ends. But if there is a next project, and you have done a good job, they will try to keep you. Great opportunity to see the world!

Pros

Genuine care for employees

Cons

If there is no job to go to when the project ends, sayonara mate.

Great Projects

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Remote sites

Fast paced but interesting

My job at bechtel was as a crane leading hand . Hard work and long hours , but worked with an excellent crew ,which in turn made the job experience enjoyable. The managers left us alone , just gave me a daily job list and left the rest up to me . With a well trained crew ,this style of command worked well. Five years on the job ,finished with all the same crew .

Work place

Great people and very professional. Great working environment. Alot of opportunities. Great training available. Well looked after. Safety is a priority.

Pros

Free lunch and training

excellent

good money good people good company to work for,started on flare tower which lasted for 12 months then moved into a training position training there apprentice boilermakers for 2 years then moved back into trains where i just done done boilermaking and welding jobs untill the end of the project.the camp facilities where very good,food was good and gyms and recreational ares were excellent.transport to and from island was good.

Pros

rewards for efforts

Cons

penality rates on all overtime

Good engineers to solve craftsmen technical issues

Had a great team mulitnational work team from the management to the craftsmen level and enjoyed my work with them.There were a lot of get togethers arrangrd by the company, especially Christmas party celebration was a highlight.Health and safety team was great.Recreational activities were organised often and was very good

Pros

Training, and often health checks, with goodies provided. Camp and food was good.Travel time, was just 10 mins to site.

Productive and fun workplace.

Productive and fun workplace at work I am enjoy working with Bechtel all the work mate are friendly plus environment at work. I am a hard working men, and Bechtel job is my first job to go far away from house, miss my family and my kids but I am doing all these for my family for every day living life.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

It was a Good place to work

Nice workplace,Good company and would love to work again.Had a good work crew. Learnt something very new things which couldn't be easier if l was working at a different place.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Work life balance

Excellent safer, quality, ethics and sustainability.

When I joined Bechtel I became a graduate of their Document Control Traineeship. I have attained Certificate IV in Document Management through this Trsineeship.

Good money

Worked night shift for 1 and a half years 12 hours often 7 days a week. In pressure test crew it was required to do the hours and the pay reflected the effort.

Pros

Great supervisor

Cons

Job came to end.

Kept in the loop

Prior to comencing work I was briefed adequately on what to expect on arrival at Onslow. On starting work I was kept well informed of Tasks Required, Safety Standards and the Site News in general at Pre-Starts and with Hand Outs. Work was varied and Team Morale was good.

Pros

Good issues of PPE ( safety glasses, shirts and trouses ) Penal rates still being paided

Best place to work

Perfect culture, friendly environment as a result of strong management, supporting team members, caring about excellence delivery, I hope I get a chance to work with Bechtel again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bechtel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?