Bechtel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bechtel Employee Reviews

Australia388 reviews
Worked night shift for 1 and a half years 12 hours often 7 days a week. In pressure test crew it was required to do the hours and the pay reflected the effort.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Job came to end.
Perfect culture, friendly environment as a result of strong management, supporting team members, caring about excellence delivery, I hope I get a chance to work with Bechtel again
Management were constantly looking to fire skilled Engineers and replace them with “Engineers” from the India office. Always had trouble with getting deliverables out of India office, Everything was always tracking good until the day before deliverables were due. Nothing ever turned up on time so project was always delayed.
Pros
A job (for a short time)
Cons
Always threatened with being fired
I loved every minute of my time with Bechtel, I travelled a lot and dealt with some tricky customers over the years but always felt the support from senior management. Allowed me to innovate when necessary and listened to my ideas, they are very open to mentoring and training at every opportunity and every level. When I joined they were very construction orientated, managed and owned by construction people. If you are a young engineer or construction person this is the company for you, definitely allow for some international travel and possibly hard working conditions but remuneration will be adequate.
Pros
Great work environments, great people from every country on the planet.Safest company to work for without a doubt
Cons
Some office politics at times but very minor
I worked with BECTHEL in different project. Love to work with the co.i enjoy working with my co workers, cooperation ,understanding !The compay is looking after the welfare of its employees .i wish there be more project for BECTHEL,im looking forward to be included in thier work force!
Bechtel has without doubt the most draconian company polcies of any company i have ever worked for. They have no flexibility for employees with a change in personal situations.
An excellent place to work best 5 years of my career. However there were very few chances for advancement and they were very difficult to achieve. Would still like to work for them again though.
Working with all the other people on site was great the supervisors & management were easy to approach there was a positive attitude on site & a can do attitude there was always different ways to to get the job done in a safe manner
Pros
Great job & great company to work for
Cons
4/1 roster is a bit long but manageable
Unfortunately many management positions were occupied by people who had no idea or even cared about the company and were only interested in their own self preservation and advancement. TTThose managers
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Managers who weren’t managers or leaders.
Not a career path as employment is for one construction project at a time but if well thought of, you will be offered other contracts. Excellent safety culture. Long hours but well remunerated.
It was great and they put a lot of emphasis on safety , as they should
HOWEVER, when I had a safety issue it was disregarded and shuffled aside and the task was relegated
great people I met and there was plenty of support and also was a great location there was plenty of training so you were supported to better yourself
Working with bechtel is nice. We Have a good safety and nice environment. Every staff are helpful. They are looking after their employee. I am looking forward to work again with Bechtel.
Very large and competant company.
They have lots of industrial knowledge. and experiance around the world.

They are practical, have good equipment and methods. They like to teach you the best ways and procedures and have the knowledge to do that too and the equipment and procedures.are second to none. I loved working for Bechtel.
Family orientated with a work life balance.
Supportive management team with open honest communication.

Continued support to personal and job growth in desired direction.

Good management = good communication and great morale.

Paid family private health insurance

optional start and finish times.
Pros
Morning tea monthly, open toolbox forums, open all hands meetings.
Cons
Can experience long hours from time to time depending on climate and job status.
Bechtel where a fantastic family orientated company to work for.
They care about their workers and their workers families.

The job itself was on a time line but a relaxed environment to work in.
This is the most hardest job that I have done because I need to go up and down for maybe 12 times on the module everyday which is 165 steps times 12 run. I work for Bechtel for almost 3 and 6 months and the money is really good.
Before your commencing to the job you have to do the safety training orientation camp site to the job site rules of conduct. They all organize the camp site facilities,uniforms and tool's. They all give safe training how to used power tools.
leading hand for a piping crew. looking after the crew and getting the job done. getting all the gear for the job and do it safely. I like doing fly in and fly out jobs
I’m looking forward if Opportunity come to work with Bechtel again. Bechtel give employee opportunity to learn to get their experience for the future. I love working environments love salary. Always safety come first.
So happy and proud to be part of bechtel project here in australia, i’ve been work in AP LNG and WHEATSTONE PROJECT. I witnessed how they value the safety of all employee.