Bechtel Employee Reviews in Gladstone QLD

Found 135 reviews matching the search See all 2,606 reviews
Very good if your a favourite
Senior Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD14 July 2019
Very good company to work for some management are very supportive and will back you to the wall .A lot of management don’t have the common sense and don’t no how they make decisions.Very wasteful in purchasing of eguipment and budget runs away more help should be controlled around this .
Pros
Very positive in OHS
Cons
Not enough time in the field
Good People
Supervisor/Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD1 June 2019
Enjoyable, with working with a great lot of people and the possibility of learning new things. The hours are long, but the pay made up for it. And the satisfaction of helping to build something great.
A good place to work.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD17 February 2019
Bechtel continuously provide training to its employees. Job related and and to support workplace culture. Good Management but favouritism exist. Its difficult to stay with the company without relocation.
Pros
Uni reimbursement
Cons
No job security.
A well organized company
Painter/Blaster (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD17 October 2018
A typical day started with where we are at with the jobs we were on and how things were going to be planed for that day.Management were on top of things and well organized,made or jobs easier and enjoyable to be there.
Pros
good staff
Good crew
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD12 October 2018
Had a great crew putting steel up and mechanical which followed on from that. Big construction jobs are what you make them, everything comes down to how you communicate with others.
not a bad place to work
Industrial Blaster Painter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD27 August 2018
best part about working there was the boys I was working with.Camp on the main land was a good place to be as there were a lot of the boys that did on like to stay on Curtis island.
Pros
camp life
Cons
travel times
Technical Competency & Good Supervision
Sen. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD14 August 2018
There are systems in place at the work place. Managers have authority to make decisions and they are supported in their decision making processes, this makes execution of the work much easier. Also the level of technical competency is very high making decision making easier and faster.
International Company
Tested Welder (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD27 July 2018
Good company to work for. Up to date on all aspects of safety and an equal opportunity company. There are also plenty of opportunities to up skill and move on to other projects etc.
good company i wish that i can work into another project
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD7 May 2018
good company to work for fun and i learned a lot to ad my skills good management and happy to work again even in otherh part of australia or any other country
Terrible work ethics
Assistant to Form setters (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD4 March 2018
management fantastic tried hard but had unions to deal with. workforce thought it was their right to be there. Should of stayed away from GLNG, VERY TOXIC
Pros
time wasting
Cons
wages
A once in a life time job I had the best experience of working for bechtel
Peggy labourer (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD24 February 2018
Great company great bosses and employees great working conditions and work choices I learned so much about safety I will carry this with me for life it taught me a lot about myself it opened me up to a new career I wish to follow I had job satisfaction I felt secure in my job there was no stress in my role
Pros
Lifestyle
Cons
Love long hours
Not Good
Blaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD13 September 2017
If you have skills or knowledge of the industry, you are treated as a threat to their culture. If you show any innovation, its seen as a danger by their supervision, therefor they will do all they can to discredit you, and have you removed from the company and placed on ERMS. WATCH YOUR BACK
Pros
Alot of work
Cons
Worst company to work for
construction heavey industry
Isolation Officer in Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD24 August 2017
Work safely,set up work fronts, working within the work scope. preform high quality work own your own signature, communicate with other work groups .pass on knowedge to other team members, to deliver high quality work,
Cons
long hours on a 4x1 roster
Great time with Bechtel work was good and the sraff were great.
Truck Driver and Lagging (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD4 August 2017
If you get a chance to work for them, take it good company to work for. The only problem that it was not long enough.The staff and other drivers provided a happy enviroment to help pass the shift.
Pros
Great staff and good job
Cons
Not long enough.
Productive and a Fun workplace
Crane Operator/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD12 June 2017
Bechtel are a construction group, On this one particular site there where many groups that where spread through out the site, As one of the groups lead by a Supervisor (made up of Crane Operators/Riggers/Fitters/Boiler Makers/Painters) we had a part of the job site to construct and a typical days work would consist of erecting steel and installing Valves, Motors, Pumps, Pipes.
Bechtel Management are professional about understanding what the client wants.
Workplace culture I found it to be great.
The hardest part of the job, I find it very hard to find one..?
The most enjoyable part of the job is Bechtel Management are having faith in my ability to operate in a professional way.
Pros
Bechtel having faith
Cons
Short notice to stay back
i was enjoy with working for the big company.
Cryogenic lagger and sheet metal work (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD7 June 2017
i was enjoy working as FIFO get to meet new friends and people from different state . company is very serious about safety all employee must follow the procedure and everyone are friendly and respect each other.
Pros
free lunch
great team
Steel fixer/machine operator - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD5 June 2017
prestart at work with work mates to ensure our job at hand is completed at safe manner, follow all ohs/jha/jsa paperwork at all times arrive home to your family safely
Pros
great team work
Cons
all good
productive, safe and fun to work for.
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD28 May 2017
Everyday we start with the informations of what is the tasks and the safety and the activities for the day, it was helpful to learned the day to day testing and safety. The management are there for you to contact them in any job and worries you deal. It was an enjoyable and fulfilling part of the job.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
Worked as bus driver then transferred to scaffold yard and got valuable experience operating trucks, forklifts ( telehandlers) and yard operations.
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gladstone5 May 2017
Long work days but very good rewards and experience. No much time to do other activities except devote time for your fitness and health for work. Creates good contacts.
Pros
Extra benefits and opportunity to work overtime.
Cons
Not easy for fifo people but locals can manage a reasonable work family balance
Company
Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD3 May 2017
This is the Best company I have worked with. I don't see any issue in this company. All the departments are doing their job with professional way. They have major work in Gulf.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
free accomodation on sites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K