Bechtel Employee Reviews in Onslow WA

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 2,633 reviews
good work place
rigger/dogman (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA28 July 2019
was a good place to work made a lot of good friends learnt a lot of new techniques in my job role had a very professional team around me which helped with the long roster
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long roster
World class conditions
Responsible Superintendent & Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone Project28 July 2019
First class working conditions - that you could only expect as an expatriate, Bechtel have optimised "lessons learnt" and looks to be modeled on the European 150+ years old companies like Siemens and Ericsson - sustainable.
Structural Installation
Rigger/ Permit Holder(Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone WA27 July 2019
Very organised, stringent safety management plans and systems of work. Clear employment roles, with opportunities for advancement and recognition. Opportunities to work and be a part of some of the largest construction projects in the world.
Great company & good salary
SPECIAL CLASS WELDER (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA25 July 2019
It's was a great company & good salary,
My experiences working at Bechtel is was amazing. It's help me a lot in terms of financial.. fantastic management...
Hoping to work again at this company.
More PROJECTS to come!
Great Working Culture
Instrument Technician and PBS Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone LNG Australia12 July 2019
Good pay, good management - Bechtel know how to get the job done on time and Safely.
Busy, great work mates, great pay
Trades Assistant Wheastone WA (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA13 January 2019
Support crew’s for Pipe welders on Train’s 1 and 2 and domestic gas train at Wheastone LNG. 30 Trades Assistant’s setting up job fronts for 140 Pipe Welders. Hard physical work, but were well rewarded.
Pros
Good Money, good crew and supervisors
Cons
Hard, physical work, up scaffold’s, modules lugging welding equipment.
Salary benefic is good, however work culture and management is poor
Mechanical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  LNG Wheatstone in Onslow WA29 September 2018
The hardest part of job is very long working hours, discussions with management about dealing with subcontractors and their lack of support. In case of errorus design, Bechtel management was unwilling to admit this thus creates delays in construction/schedule and cost.
Pros
Reasonable good money
pipe fitter boilermaker
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA29 July 2018
over 15 years in mining job and like again i like fly in and fly out with welding tick 2 3 4 5 7 and good work with Bechtel I live in sydney australia
Excellent company to work with
Lead Painting, Insulation & Fireproofing (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA24 July 2018
Great culture and support within Bechtel, good salary, never any issues with payments. Great support from senior management and day to day work colleagues
Working away on site with great facilities on a tereible roster
Mechanical Isolation Authority (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA26 June 2018
Unfortunately if one manage doesn't like the way you look your doomed from getting anywhere in this company, very purple circle.
Keep your head down and don't speak out of turn.
Team members are great.
If you get in well there is possible work around the globe.
FIFO can be tough, but the money is good.
FIELD WELDING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone LNG WA15 May 2018
Bechtel, well they are OK, Working FIFO can be tough, you have to have some goals in place otherwise you may fail.
It helps if you "know" people that can help push your career along.
They operate differently to most other company's, you can have all the qualifications under the sun but you will need the "Bechtel" qualifications and work to the "Bechtel" Procedures, they do offer ongoing training which is good.
Overall would I work for them again, Yes, no problem, anywhere in the world.
Boilermaker / Welder Structural / Piping ISBL (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA1 May 2018
it is time to Change The Rules and bring fairness back to working people! We need a secure job we can count on and wages that pay the bills! We pay our fair share of tax - big business should too!
very good
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA21 March 2018
the recreation is good,food is alright,working invironment is normal,many good people around you friendly in hospitality,im very happy to perform my work everyday,good leading hand and supervisor always look after you every time,the hardest for me is when miss home sometime,but im injoy to great peaple everyday specially my friend at work,we work as a team nothing to worry.
Productive fun workplace
TA/ HR driver site wide (Current Employee) –  Wheatstone WA28 February 2018
Nice people to work wish and we are all going for the same goal. Everyone is polite when they have to be which keeps everyone happy. The job site is tiny and the camp is tiny as well
Pros
Good workplace
Good experience
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Wheatstone WA21 February 2018
Great company to work for except the roster was not family friendly so am looking for a more family friendly roster. A typical day at work would be after our prestart in the morning we would be issued our work for the day which was generally maintenance and servicing.

Workplace culture was great with lots of activities on a weekly basis.

The hardest part of the job was the long roster.
Pros
great gyms and meals cooked for us everyday.
Cons
long roster
varried and good place to work with exellent camp
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA15 February 2018
Excellent company to work for offering good opportunities to
do courses and show leadership skills, work place culture very good with a vast mix of nationalities
Pros
good opportunity to earn extra money for family
Cons
long roster 4 X 1
My work
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA21 January 2018
I liked to work with bechtel company for the long project. They concern worker very well.
I usually work Pipimg job and boiler maker also. Most hard time was hot weather Job was Ok.
They have good friend and good entertainment was there.
entertainment was great,camp was clean
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA11 January 2018
i was happy to be employed by Bechtel because LNG was new to me.The camp was big but well laid out with choices for food and drink.Entertainment was good with great bands on occasion. The work was exciting and full on,lucky to be in PT 002 High stored energy testing as this was the crew that broke world records with piping.I would happily be involved with LNG again.
Pros
christmas dinner
Cons
real hot summer
Love working with bechtel
Mech/ Piping Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone WA11 January 2018
Great company to work for look after there craft very well and the management team are very good to work with, the safety is second to non will always recommend Bechtel
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours away from home
Productive and fun because of its' facilities, working environment, compensation and harmonious relationship with people.
Pipe Fitter / Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone WA26 December 2017
A typical day at work is having a toolbox meeting, that discussed to practice safety while on site and giving us updates on our working environment on a daily basis. I have learned to be more flexible in terms of handling different equipment, type of works and dealing with different kind of people in general. The only hardest part is being away with my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see that the project is up and running.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K